Cars & Curves Coffee Table Book
Product DescriptionCars and Curves is the coffee table book that no gear-head or car aficionado will be able to put down. This tribute book to Porsche's long history comes loaded with amazing pictures of classic models like the Carrera GT and 906 along with informative
Top ReviewsWould have paid more.
by Svend Tang-Petersen (4 out of 5 stars)
August 16, 2018
Overall this is a very nice book with lots of great pictures and it makes for a nice addition to any Porsche enthusiasts or owners collection.
But I would have paid more to have had a better quality printing of the images, which face it, is why we buy books like these. The print is great, but not excellent and takes the book from being the one displayed prominently on your coffee table to be more likely to sit on the shelf to be pulled out now and again.
So for the price I definitely think it's worth it, but it could have been at an even higher level albeit at a different pricepoint which I would gladly have paid.
Decent Book; Not Coffee Table Worthy
by See Jee (3 out of 5 stars)
August 26, 2018
This is a decent Porsche book with great pictures and coverage. I preordered this, hoping that it would be a great book to place on my new coffee table for friends and family to "ooh" and "aah" over. Unfortunately, this isn't the book I was hoping for.
1. While the book itself is big and hardcover, the front cover is extremely underwhelming. The "Cars & Curves" backdrop photo is only ~7"x9" big, and it doesn't span the entire size of the front cover. Because of this, it looks somewhat cheap and reminds me of a school textbook. There's really nothing impressive about the front cover, which is 90% of the first impression of a book! But, alas, I convinced myself to get past it and look inside. And here comes problem #2...
2. The photos inside the book, while beautiful, are not as high-quality as you would like, and they're not bright and eye-catching. So, overall, the photos are also a bit underwhelming.
Overall, it's a good book. However, I think this would have been an easy 4 (or even 4.5) star book if the front cover was improved. If you're selling a book that's 90% photos, the front cover needs to be STUNNING! Instead, this book has a very cheap-looking front cover with a shrunken photo, and because of that, it resembles an older textbook.
While not terribly expensive, I'd suggest spending your money elsewhere, especially if you're purchasing this book as a display item or talking point.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Porsche Works Team: Porsche at the top 24-Hour Races: Nürburgring / Le Mans / Daytona
- Porsche 70 Years: There Is No Substitute
- Porsche Milestones
- Porsche 911: 50 Years
- Curves: Northern Italy: Lombardy, South Tyrol, Veneto (English and German Edition)
- Curves California
- Type 7 (Volume One)
- Porsche Drive: Stelvio: Pass Portraits; Italy 2757M (English and German Edition)
- Porsche Drive: 15 Pässe in 4 Tagen - 15 Passes in 4 Days (English and German Edition)
- Pass Portrait - Grossglockner: Austria 2504M (English and German Edition)
*If this is not the "Cars & Curves Coffee Table Book" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 15, 2021 17:25 PST.