Invisible Ink Pen
Product DescriptionThis small combo set includes an invisible blue UV marker with a high quality metal arachnid LED blacklight. The blacklight has a short chain with a key ring for easy hanging or attachment to a key ring. It has changeable batteries and is activated with a simple push button. Mark your valuables for identification or have fun writing secret messages for others to find. Everything you need in one low cost package!
- This invisible UV blue ink marker by DirectGlow are completely invisible in normal light and glow incredibly bright in UV blacklight. Write a secret message, mark your valuables or have a blast at the next glow party!
- You one full sized blue marker and one ultra durable metal bullet UV keychain light. Batteries can be changed once exhausted. Marker has a fine tip for precison application. The DirectGlow logo on our markers ensure you are getting a genuine product that is built and tested to meet our rigourous quality stadards.
- Our non toxic ink adheres to any porous surface with ease and dries fast. Very tought to remove unlike other brands making them ideal for security, verification and admissions. Mark the skin or your valuables for quick easy identifcation in blacklight. The ink glows like crazy and makes quick spot checks a breeze!
- Our markers are often used for blacklight events, glow parties, UV decor, birthdays, escape rooms, scavenger hunts, admissions, authentic return verifications, and so much more! If you need invisible marking that only shows in UV blacklight, these are the markers for you!
- DirectGlow offers numerous UV ink marker styles, keychain blacklights along with a full range of bottled invisible ultraviolet ink. Click our name "DIRECTGLOW LLC" to see our entire selection! DirectGlow has been in the glow business for 10+ years and will go above and beyond to ensure you are fully satisfied with your purchase!
Top ReviewsGood for both security purposes and artists
by D. Bonness (4 out of 5 stars)
January 6, 2010
I'm an art student with alot of expensive equipment so it was a natural thing to want to write my name on my stuff without it getting in the way of any information or pointing where thief should put the sticker to hide the name.
It also has an artistic value to it, as strange as it might sound. For one if you want to put your name on a piece of work in a secondary location (if you suspect someone might steal your work and pass it off as their own) or if you like to add hidden details this kit is a nice and cheap addition to the tool box.
About the product:
When first applied, you can see what you have written but as the ink dries the message dissapears. Depending on the material you wrote on it either completely dissapears (paper, cloth, etc) or almost dissapears (hard plastic, etc). The black light is a key chain accessory that is discreet and would be mistaken as a LED flashlight for finding a keyhole.
Its extremely cheap but dont buy it alone as the shipping costs can be a bit high for the price. Either buy in bulk or with other items. Otherwise a nice thing to have with you even if your work enviroment doesnt have thieves.
Invisible Ink Marking Pen(sharpie type marker) & LED UV Light
by Dana (3 out of 5 stars)
April 13, 2014
The marking pen was a little thinner than I thought it would be (yes, I saw the picture). It served its purpose. I did have to go over the letters a couple of times to make it thick enough/show up better. The UV light...it has a plastic piece around the on button; not sure if it comes off. I had to stick something in to get it to work. After a few times, it seems like it doesn't want to work. I may have to get another light. So, its up to you if you want to get this particular set. I may go separate vs. set next time.
by gwenkbad (5 out of 5 stars)
January 18, 2019
This item was really effective and efficient. Easy way to add on a layer of security to your items.
Works great & on other surfaces
by JOHN F. (5 out of 5 stars)
December 27, 2011
It worked so well I ordered another one. However, be warned it must be used on NON UV reactive PAPER OR OTHER SURFACES. To test - paper being used should appear grey under the light. That paper or surface will work, allowing the invisible ink to show up. If the paper lights up blue, than it is UV reactive & the marker blends in with it and it will appear it does not work.
It also works great on plastic as well.
Not as pictured, but still pretty good, and comes with excellent customer service
by K J (4 out of 5 stars)
May 13, 2011
As other reviewers have noted, you will probably not be getting the pen as pictured. Mine has a purple cap, no clip, and looks like a regular fine-tip marker that might produce purple ink. But it does work perfectly! I've had a blast invisibly marking stuff, including things which didn't really need marking (walls aren't generally prone to thievery). It comes with the UV light, which is on a keychain loop so you can carry it around with you. It looks as though the battery for that will be pretty easy to replace, when it comes time to do so. Just exterior wise, the pen was a little disappointing.
On the other hand, speaking of things not as pictured - this item is actually a 2 pen set! Yes, there's also a mini-UV pen which can also be put on a keychain. It does have purpleness, but a different kind that is much cuter.
You may find the ink in the mini-pen is dry, but if you moisten it in some way, it will work perfectly.* It's excellent for finer work, as in, something you might write in a secret letter, if you're inclined to be sneaky, or clever, or both, which I am.
I did write a note to the seller asking what was up with things being different than expected, but also saying that otherwise the pens were pretty great. My main problem was with the look of the pen and the dried out ink; the one can be got over and the other can be easily fixed, so it wasn't a huge deal. I just wanted some kind of explanation (like, "oh, sorry, we forgot to mention that item may not be as pictured"). And they gave me a full refund!
Two excellent UV pens and an easily portable UV light for under $9, AND they issued a full refund after getting a minor quibble. That's amazing customer service! And now I feel guilty for complaining at all . . .
*I recommend moistening that mini-pen's nib with water. You COULD try licking, but I can tell you from personal experience that UV ink is considerably not delicious.
great for secret marking
by P. NELSON (5 out of 5 stars)
July 3, 2016
I bought this to mark items I was selling. People were buying my items and returning identical items saying they bought them from me and they didn't work and wanted a refund. This put and end to my problems. It's not totally invisible, but if you don't "know" it's there and what to look for, you will look over it.
Worked So Well!
by rhaelk (5 out of 5 stars)
April 26, 2013
I used this marker to write names on the back of RSVP cards for my wedding, in case someone forgot to write their names on the RSVP when they sent it back. When you first write with the pen, it looks like the paper is wet and you can see the writing, but this goes away within seconds and is completely invisible. The UV light is really cute and tiny and it worked really well for this. I'll probably use these two again someday, because they rocked!
by Sheyla (5 out of 5 stars)
August 21, 2016
It worked just fine! Exactly what I was looking for.
I wanted to be able to write and highlight text on my books but I was afraid a cheap uv pen wouldn't work. To my surprise this pen works perfectly! You can't even see if there is something written on the pages. The ink dries in less than 10 seconds and the light is very bright. I totally recommend this pen.
Invisible Ink Marker w/UV light
by Tim Rodemann (5 out of 5 stars)
January 21, 2011
A nice, inexpensive way to secretly mark a lot of various items, plus the UV light you need to read the invisible writing comes with it. If you have a need for this item, or just want it to play around with it, it IS as advertised - inexpensive and efficient - and now my little nephew is a "real" secret agent... reading cryptic messages to himself that only he can read. On a 1-10 scale, its toy value is a 10 and as a real security tool it's an 8 because you can read the writing on some smooth or shiny surfaces depending on the angle of the light, but writing on most paper or cloth is really invisible without the UV light. Last but not least, the shipping was amazingly fast, arriving before Christmas even though ordered on 12/21.
Super cheap but super worth it!
by Tina Vuotto (5 out of 5 stars)
May 3, 2013
The pen was felt tipped so it was not visible on most products if you wanted to label things with the UV lighting. The pen was a nice plastic that feels durable and overall a good purchase. The light was the reason I bought this product though, I wanted a small UV light to make my UV nail polish glow to surprise people, and it was so strong if I turn out the lights I can even see the cat urine on my floors before I cleaned it up (I was testing it to see how powerful it was before I cleaned it and it was exactly where the stain was from my cat). So for such a tiny little light, in complete darkness, it is SUPER powerful. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small UV light. I have been using it for weeks and it's still perfect.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- kenable UV Ultra Violet Permanent Security Marker Crime Prevention Pen
- Wordlock PL-004-BK 5-Dial Combination Padlock, Black
- American Lock Lockout Hasp, Vinyl Coated Steel Hasp, 1 in. Jaw Clearance, ALO80
- 3pc Invisible Ink Pen Marker UV LED Flashlight Black Light Reactive Blue Red Yellow
- Master Lock 1535DWD Locker Lock Set Your Own Word Combination Padlock, 1 Pack, Assorted Colors
- Invisible Pens Come in 3 INK COLORS! - Kids Party Toy Markers - Disappearing Ink Pens with UV Dark Light on Keychain - Awesome Stuff for Secret Message Writing - A Magic Secret Agent Spy Pen!
- Noodler's Bulletproof Blue Ghost Invisible Fountain Pen Ink
- TaoTronics Black Light, 12 LEDs 395nm UV Blacklight Flashlights Detector for Pets Urine and Stains with 3 Free AAA Batteries
- DirectGlow Set of 3 Invisible UV Blacklight Ink Marker Blue Red Yellow
- Opticz Blacklight Reactive Invisible Blue Ink Industrial UV Marker
*If this is not the "Invisible Ink Pen" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jul 1, 2020 21:42 PST.