Spongebob Aquarium Ornaments
Product DescriptionFrom the creative minds at Nickelodeon, bring SpongeBob’s famous pineapple house that’s located on 124 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, to your home! This officially licensed 6” Aquarium Ornament from Penn-Plax makes for a great addition to all home aquariums. Made of Safe and Durable Resin: The ornament is inspected with your fish’s safety in mind; material is safe for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. Additionally, the ornament has a sturdy base: you don’t need to worry about it floating around once you place it underwater. Super Simple to Clean: Simply wipe down and rinse off the ornament with warm water when you are cleaning out your tank. Never use soap, as the residual soap particles can harm your fish. Bring the World of SpongeBob Home: Perfect for adults and children! This fun aquarium decoration will add magic and color instantly to your tank! Most small and medium sized fish can fit inside this ornament, allowing them to swim in and around it, which helps reduce fish boredom. Measurements: SpongeBob’s Pineapple House measures approximately 6” (H) x 3” (Dia). It will fit easily in almost any fish tank sitting at home. It’s designed to be the perfect accent to any aquarium, regardless of size. Get creative!
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED: This ornament is great for anyone who loves the hit Nickelodeon show, SpongeBob! Enjoy the magical world of Bikini Bottom within your fish tank. Great way to help teach a child about pets.
- MADE OF SAFE AND DURABLE RESIN: Ornament is inspected with your fish’s safety in mind, and is safe for freshwater and saltwater aquariums. The ornament has a sturdy base: you don’t need to worry about it floating around once you place it underwater.
- MEASUREMENTS OF SPONGE BOB’S HOUSE: The ornament measures approximately 5 inches tall, so it will fit easily in almost any home fish tank. It is designed to be the perfect accent to any aquarium regardless of the size. Get creative! You can use this product as a centerpiece, cake topper, or paperweight for fans of the show.
- SUPER SIMPLE TO CLEAN: Simply wipe down and rinse off the ornament with warm water when you are cleaning out your tank. Never use soap, as the residual soap particles can harm your fish.
- BRING THE WORLD OF SPONGEBOB HOME: Perfect for adults and children! This fun aquarium decoration will add magic instantly to your tank! Most small and medium fish can fit inside, allowing them to swim in and around it. This helps reduce fish boredom!
- MEASUREMENTS: SpongeBob’s Pineapple House measures approximately 6” (H) x 3” (Dia). It will fit easily in almost any fish tank sitting at home. It’s designed to be the perfect accent to any aquarium, regardless of size. Get creative!
Top ReviewsGreat if You have Sandpaper
by Ryan (3 out of 5 stars)
May 22, 2015
Don't have the 3 stars discourage you. This ornament is AWESOME! It just takes work to make it safe. If you have 30 minutes of dedication, love for spongebob, some sandpaper, and a fish, this is perfect. I spent about half an hour sanding the edges (see pictures) to make them not sharp/jagged so they would be safe for my fish. It didn't take too long, but some people might not have that dedication, hence the three stars.
Cool but color fades quickly
by LuisaV & AlbertoC (3 out of 5 stars)
January 9, 2019
It looks fantastic but unfortunately the color fades after a couple of weeks. We were worried about it might affect the water quality of the fish tank so we took a sample to be tested at the aquarium store and it was okay. A couple of months later and the fish survived so it's not poisonous for our fish and plants but it is a bit disappointing that it doesn't keep the nice original colors.
I'm giving it 3 stars because it should be stated somewhere that color fades after a couple of weeks! Aside the disappointment issue, because of safety reasons too, we have molly fish and they tend to be resistant fish. I don't know if other species might be affected because of the paint fading and it should be warned.
If I could give this a 0, I would..... DO NOT PUT IN YOUR AQUARIUM!!!!
by Northern_WI_girl (1 out of 5 stars)
April 15, 2017
SO DISAPPOINTING! It's cute, but cannot be used in aquarium. All around the insides of the windows and door are REALLY sharp edges. They stick out (which is actually inward in the house) more than 1/4 an inch. It's so sharp I cut my finger on it. I'm glad I inspected it before I put it into my aquarium and it gutted one of my fish. Seriously terrible design flaw. I don't understand why it's not trimmed immediately after being manufactured. What a waste of money...
Looked great, might've gotten my fish sick.
by Tyler (2 out of 5 stars)
June 4, 2016
I originally saw this in a pet store and decided to buy it from Amazon since it was cheaper. I have a 5 gal freshwater tank with 1 Betta and 3 guppies all happily living together. The pineapple goes in and it looks great, after 2 weeks my Betta decides to make it his new hangout spot. Another few weeks go by (its now been in the tank for a month and a half) the rocks around the pineapple start turning orange, at the same time my Betta starts becoming more lethargic and eating less. I never saw any paint flakes come off but the rocks are the exact same color as the pineapple. I decided to take the pineapple out and put the Betta into a different tank to try to make him feel better, it seems to be working.
The photo is of the area where the pineapple was, it's clear to see where the pineapple sat and discolored the rocks around it.
Super cute, but beware of sharp edges!
by Allaya Fleischer (3 out of 5 stars)
March 3, 2018
This is one of the cutest aquarium ornaments I think I've ever seen. I'm so happy I got it! However, I must post a buyer beware warning: mine came with EXTREMELY sharp edges inside the pineapple. I have myself a small cut trying to fix the problem, and yes, it's fixable. The edges are really the only thing keeping me from giving this product a five star review.
Now, I was able to fix the problem with a nail file and sand paper. It's very small inside, so this is a bit of a feat, but it can be done. Rinse this very well after you're done, and perform the "nylon stocking test" to make sure it won't damage long finned fish.
I have a pretty robust species (Betta), but if you have more delicate species that is very sensitive to water quality changes, this may not fly. The item appears to be made of standard polyresin, though, so I'm pretty comfortable with its stability in water, but I'm by no means an expert, so please use your best judgement.
My bettas won't be living under the sea
by Amazon Customer (1 out of 5 stars)
September 19, 2018
So I read the mixed reviews some saying sharp edges and some saying perfect and some saying sanding it down worked out. The edges are ridiculous, and while attempting to sandpaper the window it chips and chips some more. I tried to sand paper the chips to even it out with the window but this product was just awful in my opinion. Did not even attempt the squidward house, the edges are sharp all inside as well and harder to get too. I was excited and for the people it works out for good. But to purchase something that needs so much modifications, to me is not worth it.
by Mr.andMrs.Moreno,Top Contributor: Baby (5 out of 5 stars)
June 9, 2019
This is adorable. It came in perfect shape, and our molly fish really like it. Our kids really like that it is "Sponebob's Pineapple House!" So it gets the seal of approval from everyone that matters. I would definitely buy this again. Perfect size for a 10 gallon starter tank.
Great! But the inside Paint
by Aaliyah (4 out of 5 stars)
March 27, 2017
Gave it 4 stars cause of the painting on the inside. But far as sharp edges!!! Ummm NOT FOR ME!!! Look Everyone is not gone get a item that comes through the mail that is broken or something is wrong with it. Everyone is not gone have that experience, i wasnt going to buy this but I did anyway and it arrived perfectly and Im talking about the sharp edges that everyone supposedly was complaining about. Dont go by everyone elses reviews go by your own!!!
Great for a betta living in a pineapple under the "sea"
by A Regular Mom (5 out of 5 stars)
July 30, 2016
My son uses this in his 1.5gal filtered freshwater tank for Gary the betta. We did sand a few of the openings of the second house that had rough spots after reading a review which suggested it; a super easy precautionary measure. When it needed cleaning we used tank water and a nail brush and it looked great again. It's probably only needed cleaning 2-3x a year, and if that kid would mind the tank lights better, maybe it would need less. He did drop it on the floor once, and of course it broke into several pieces. It is just so cute, though, and quite affordable, so we bought another one. In summary, it's fragile when handled by children but bettas are much better at keeping it nice. :)
sharp edges and a moist sticky film formed on the material in two-three days.
by -- (1 out of 5 stars)
June 15, 2013
I loved this pineapple home, but the edges around the door and the windows are sharp, sharp enough to do some damage to my fish, should they go through the small openings. I did file down and break off the slivers of sharp plastic (?) the best I could and then placed it in my fish tank, after thoroughly washing it. The packaging and the amazon website stated the product was safe, but after only two-three days, there was an immediate pasty translucent film around the entire pineapple. I then went back to Amazon to read if there were any other comments I might have not read, before my purchase. To my surprise, there were so many, I feel embarrassed I didn't do my homework before buying this item, which I thought would look so cool in my Betta's tank. I pulled out the object on the third day, wiped off the sticky film and was so worried about it being in my fish tank that I took the fish out and cleaned the heck out of it, worrying I might have poisoned the water. No item, no matter how small that is either intended for children or animals should EVER have the possibility of being unsafe. If something would have happened to my fish, I would have moved heaven and earth to ensure this company knew just how terrible I might have felt had I not have been paying close attention to my fish tank, as I do each day. All in All, if you want to buy this, put it in your yard or garden, but save your fish and keep it out of their tanks.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- GloFish Aquarium Gravel 5 Pounds, Black with Fluorescent Accents, Complements Tanks
- donau 6Pcs/Set Small Aquarium Decorations Cartoon Figures Set Kids Fish Tank Decorations
- CousDUoBe Artificial Aquatic Plants 11 Pcs Small Aquarium Plants Artificial Fish Tank Decorations，Used for Household and Office Aquarium Simulation Plastic Hydroponic Plants
- Penn Plax Spongebob Bikini Bottom Homes Aquarium Ornament
- GloFish Aquarium Gravel, Pink/Green/Blue Fluorescent, 5-Pound, Bag Pink/Green/Blue Fluorescent, 4 x 5 x 9 inches ; 5 pounds (29085)
- Otterly Pets Plastic Plants for Fish Tank Decorations Large Artificial Aquarium Decor and Accessories (Blue and Purple 8-Pack)
- Koller Products Panaview 5-Gallon Aquarium Kit - Power Filter - LED Lighting, Black (Aq15005)
- Aquarium Fish Tank Crab House Ornament Decor -Light Yellow Durable and Practical
- Aqueon 100527256 Fish Tank Aquarium LED Kit, 10 Gallon
- Penn-Plax Officially Licensed Nickelodeon SpongeBob Aquarium Ornament – Squidward’s Easter Island Home - Full Color 6.5” Decoration
- Spongebob Squarepants Big Bikini Bottom Aquarium Decoration
- SpongeBob SquarePants® Home & Work Combo
- Penn Plax Krusty Krab Ornament
*If this is not the "Spongebob Aquarium Ornaments" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 21, 2020 08:05 PST.