Hands-Free Food Storage Bag Holder
Product DescriptionWhether you're ready to marinate tonight's dinner or have just whipped up a fresh batch of zesty salsa, it's pretty much a given that you're going to use a plastic storage bag. But, what (or who) is going to hold the bag open? Jokari to the rescue with this clever and oh-so-easy to use extra set of hands. The Jokari Baggy Rack's rubber non-slip base holds the rack in place and the adjustable arms and clips will securely hold a variety of bag heights and sizes open while you simply and neatly fill or pour. And, when you're finished, the Baggy Rack folds flat for easy storage. Gosh, Jokari has thought of everything! For over 40 years, Jokari has held a special place in its heart for gadgets; today, they specialize in providing affordable solutions to common problems faced by consumers. From unique kitchen gadgets and household storage and organization solutions to their Healthy Steps kitchen tools designed to help with portion control and healthy eating, Jokari is committed to creating useful and often crazy looking "thingamajigs" that are fun, colorful and easy to use.
- LIKE AN EXTRA PAIR OF HANDS IN THE KITCHEN. It's hard to pour fluid food items without spilling, the baggy rack pro holds the bag for you and keeps itself vertical while you carefully transfer meals.
- ADJUSTABLE ARMS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL STORAGE SIZE PLASTIC ZIP UP STORAGE BAGS. Gallon, quart and sandwich baggies all fit comfortably and securely to store snacks and full left-over meals, hands-free.
- SAVES MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT BY RECYCLING PLASTIC BAGS. When done with your leftovers, rinse the baggy out and place on one arm of the Baggy Rack Pro to let it air dry, then reuse the bag next time
- SIMPLE TO USE. Place rack on a flat, clean surface. Adjust the arms to desired height or length, and clip your bag in. Make sure bottom of bag is resting on and touching the base and table or counter.
- PERFECT PRESENT FOR ANYONE ON YOUR LIST WHO LOVES TO COOK AND ENTERTAIN THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. This is a great gadget for any host or chef who cooks for crowds and send guests home with leftovers.
Top ReviewsSuch a time saver for freezer meals!
by LV (5 out of 5 stars)
October 8, 2015
i make lots of freezer meals for myself and our daughters. This was suggested to me by a friend. It came exactly as described. Most of the time, I am making multiple servings of the same recipe. Before, I would have to pour ingredients into one bag, squish the air out, seal, set aside and start over.
NOW, I set up how ever many bags I am making of the one recipe. Once the recipe is done I place the freezer meals into each hands free baggy, remove one at a time, seal, DONE!!!!
For those of you that reviewed about it not being strong enough to hold a sandwich baggy. I had this problem in the beginning. Then it dawned on me!! The base between the arms is to HOLD the contents. Place your baggy and adjust the clips low enough to where the bottom generously covers the base. Now when filling, the cups and arms hold the baggy up and the base holds the weight. Just like in the seller's picture. Should have looked earlier!! Genius!!
I hope this helps. Especially freezer preppers!!! I've included a quick picture to show how the baggy rests on the bottom.
If this was helpful, please like my comment!!
Arms aren't far enough apart to spoon food into baggie
by Taylor C. (1 out of 5 stars)
November 18, 2017
I don't understand the hype about this product. The opening created by the two arms isn't large enough to fit anything but a regular spoon with a small amount of food. I thought I'd be able to ladle servings into baggies with this, but even a small serving spoon is too large for the opening created in the middle. If I try to pour into the opening, the food spills over either side. I appreciate the idea, but the arms need to be farther apart so there's space to pour into the baggie.
Necessity for Making Bagged Freezer Meals
by Grace S. (5 out of 5 stars)
January 30, 2016
I used three of these to help me make freezer meals for after I have a baby. I can honestly say I don't know how I would have filled the freezer bags without these ingenious baggy holders. I was able to dump veggies, spices, meat, and cans of heavy beans and tomatoes into the bags, and they stood up the entire time without sliding or spilling. One of the bags I stuffed literally to the brim, as full as it could go, and the bag did not fall down. I would definitely recommend these.
WHAT DID I DO BEFORE I GOT THESE??
by P. Terry (5 out of 5 stars)
March 15, 2016
Oh, golly!! This is the handiest gadget ever! The boiled peanut guy turned me on to it - said he got it from Amazon. You can only get 6 at one time, so I ordered 6 and have been giving out to family - keeping 2 for myself, of course. I may even have to order another set. Anyone who pours stuff into zip lock baggies (any size) will love these - rice, shrimp, cereal, fresh veggies, shelled pecans, and on and on and on! And, no, I was not paid for this review or given any free products. I just like them THAT much!!
Save your money - borrow an extra set of hands!
by S. Casnad (1 out of 5 stars)
September 20, 2015
I was really excited to see this item, I bought one for my daughter and one for myself. They looked a little flimsy to me, but I was still excited. I tried using it on a gallon ziploc and homemade spaghetti sauce. Unfortunately when I tried to put the sauce in the bag, the unit tipped over and the bag slipped out of the clips that were supposed to hold the sides open. It's a great idea, just executed poorly in my opinion. I would NOT recommend this item to anyone!
Helpful for anyone who does food prep
by cymart (4 out of 5 stars)
June 7, 2018
As a single person, one of my biggest challenges is cooking. I prefer to make larger quantities - usually in my InstantPot - and then separate them into servings and freeze them. Trying to freeze a lot of containers took too much space, so I decided to try freezer bags. Since it was a mess to put servings into bags, I ordered these bag clips to help, and they do. I mostly use sandwich-size baggies, which fit well, and the stands hold the bag open so I can add the food. Then it is easy to freeze the bags flat for future use. I gave it four stars instead of five because the stands cannot adjust down to fit the snack-size bags for smaller servings.
Great Kitchen Gadget!
by Mom of Three (5 out of 5 stars)
February 13, 2016
Where have these been all my life! It's a simple concept, the tongs hold the ziplock open so you can easily fill mess free. The arms have a clip on their end to hold the bag in place. The arms are adjustable up to a large freezer size bag. I really get irritated when I try to fill a bag and get sauce or whatever all over the zip portion of the bag, gross! This solves the problem. This works great to dry a green bag after I wash it out. I love fun AND usefull kitchen tools, and this is a good one.
Simple, yet functional
by C. G. King (5 out of 5 stars)
May 11, 2011
For the modest price, I didn't expect an elaborate, sturdy device, just something to hold open a bag for filling. Here's what I've found in my testing. My first use was a light sandwich bag. It was not quite deep enough to rest fully on the base and the very thin plastic didn't seem secure in the holders, but for the not-too-heavy slivered nuts I was putting in, it held. Mission accomplished. Second, I used a quart sized freezer bag for some leftover spaghetti sauce. This was a little scary because I didn't want it to spill, but with the ridged top of that sealable bag, the bag was in the holders very securely and worked perfectly as the heavy sauce was poured in.
I also tried it with gallon bags and again with the sealable ridges across the top, the device held the bag strongly and worked perfectly. It was a bit difficult to extend the arms, which gave me confidence that they would stay extended, but I suspect if the arms are extended and pushed back a number of times, they may become stripped as the adjustment ridges aren't deep. I have no idea how long I can adjust the holder up and down before it gives out, but then I may just buy another and leave it in the extended position.
I like that I can fold it flat and slip it in my lid drawer where it takes up little room. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I'd been wishing for just such a gadget and this meets my needs at little cost. It will really come into its own when I'm freezing produce from the garden. Last year I had corn all over the place from scooping it into a bag I was trying to hold open with one hand. This will be so much better. I'll be using it with the bags made for my vacuum sealer. They have no ridges at the top but are a heavy quality and I have no doubt they'll work fine making this chore go faster--and it will be considerably neater than last year.
by Jenn (4 out of 5 stars)
December 28, 2012
I always wished for another pair of hands when filling baggies. I came upon this I had to give it a try!
I gave it a workout and found that the clips do not clip hard enough to hold a small sandwich size zip lock baggie once filled. It did successfully hold a gallon size zip lock as the weight of the contents rests on the base of the holder and because the zip lock part of the baggie is thicker so didn't slip as easily out of the clips. However, it barely holds the gallon size. It seems as though any moment it could slip out of the holder.
I decided to come up with my own solution (see picture). I put a 1.25" wide binder clip over the holder's clips to ensure that whatever size baggie I use will hold safely and firmly. It works so well I could fill an entire sandwich baggie with water and no slippage. ACCO Metal Binder Clips, Medium Size, 1.25 Inch Width, 0.63 Inch Capacity, Black/Silver, 12 Clips per Box (A7072050)
A handy product for under $7.00!
I noticed Jokari makes a "Pro" version for almost twice as much. Jokari Baggy Rack Pro Storage Bag Opener and Holder The cheaper product with the binder clips is a better choice for me.
Not for Me
by Spicy60s (1 out of 5 stars)
September 11, 2017
Needs no star - worth 10 cents - don't even wast your time. I put the plastic bag on as instructed - spooned in about 1/4 soup and the entire bag just fell out.
If you want help getting soups, veggies, etc bagged for freezing or left overs - this is not what you need.
You will not get help-you will find yourself cleaning up a mess
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Kitchen Gizmo Snap N Strain Strainer, Clip On Silicone Colander, Fits all Pots and Bowls - Lime Green
- Bag Fill Funnel, 1 pack (green)
- Vacuum Seal/Zip Lock Bag Fill Funnel, 1 pack (white)
- Joseph Joseph 85105 BladeBrush Knife and Cutlery Cleaner Brush Bristle Scrub Kitchen Washing Non-Slip, One Size, Green
- Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender Liner for Fridge Refrigerator Shelves, 15 x 24 Inches (2 Pack) - Extends The Life of Your Produce & Prevents Spoilage
- Bag Well Sealable Bag Holder for 1 Gallon Storage Bags
- Chef'n Kale, Chard, Collard Greens and Herb Stripper
- Bag Fill Funnel, 1 pack (blue)
- Avery Removable Labels with Sure Feed for Laser & Inkjet Printers, 3.5" x 4.75", 32 Labels (22827)
- Chef'n Looseleaf Kale, Chard, Collard Greens and Herb Stripper
- Jokari Original Adjustable Baggy Rack Stand 4 Pack. Prop Plastic Ziploc Freezer Storage Bags Open Hands-Free To Pour Leftovers, Snacks and Meal Prep Ingredients With No Food Spills or Kitchen Mess
- Original Jokari Adjustable Baggy Rack Stand 2 Pack. Prop Plastic Ziploc Freezer Storage Bags Open Hands-Free to Pour Leftovers, Snacks and Meal Prep Ingredients With No Food Spills or Kitchen Mess
- Baggy Rack - (6 Pack) Sandwich Bag Racks, Clip Food Storage Bags Onto Holder, Best Opener for Freezer & Storage Baggie - Ideal Plastic Kitchen, No Hassle Cooking Gadget Solutions For a Clean Pour
- Original Jokari Adjustable Baggy Rack Stand 3 Pack. Prop Plastic Ziploc Freezer Storage Bags Open Hands Free to Pour Leftovers, Snacks and Meal Prep Ingredients With No Food Spills or Kitchen Mess.
- Original Jokari Adjustable Baggy Rack Stand 12 Pack. Prop Plastic Ziploc Freezer Storage Bags Open Hands-Free To Pour Leftovers, Snacks and Meal Prep Ingredients With No Food Spills or Kitchen Mess.
*If this is not the "Hands-Free Food Storage Bag Holder" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Feb 28, 2021 06:56 PST.