Product DescriptionFinally, a cutting board that is as exacting in its standards as you are. A multitude of guide lines on different grid sizes and angles ensure your cuts are precise. Lines are burnished rather than printed, so they won't wear off. This board features guides for medium dice, small dice, brunoise, fine brunoise, batonnet, allumette, julienne, and fine julienne. Made of strong long-wearing, easy to clean, and environmentally sustainable bamboo. Its 9-inch by 12-inch size is easy to handle.
- FUN & FUNCTIONAL: It's time to let your inner obsessive loose in the kitchen, with this precision cutting board. This solid bamboo cutting board is printed with obsessively detailed measurements for exact slicing and dicing.
- CLEVER DESIGN: THE OBSESSIVE CHEF cutting board includes a multitude of guide lines for different grid sizes and angles ensure your cuts are precise. This board features guides for medium dice, small dice, brunoise, fine brunoise, batonnet, allumette, julienne, and fine julienne.
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Made of strong, long-wearing, easy to clean, and environmentally sustainable bamboo. The lines are etched onto the board rather than printed, so they won't wear off.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: Its 9-inch by 12-inch size is easy to handle and store in your kitchen.
- GREAT GIFT: THE OBSESSIVE CHEF cutting board is a perfect gift for all home chefs and your most particular friends. The cutting board is packed in a colorful box perfect and ready for gifting!
Top ReviewsFun and quite practical!
by Livy W (4 out of 5 stars)
March 16, 2017
Received this as a gift several years ago and just love it. It appeals to my sense of the absurd. Yes, it's a great conversation piece. However, contrary to some of the reviewers, I do actually use mine very often for making consistently perfect 1/4 inch dice or lovely 1/2 inch slices or whatever. It's so handy that I purchased another to give to an equally obsessive friend.
I've subtracted one star because the wood did start to split after just a few uses. Conditioning the board 2-3 times each year seems to have arrested the problem as it hasn't gotten any worse. Sometimes I wish the unit was a larger, but it is large enough for most of my tasks and is lightweight, so easy to use.
I definitely recommend this cutting board, but do suggest oiling it before it begins to split. And, of course, hand wash - wood doesn't belong in the dishwasher.
Great for the Perfectionist in Your Life!
by Kayla C. (5 out of 5 stars)
April 26, 2018
My husband and I love to see uniform cuts and this is going to help us out a lot! This is smaller than some of our other cutting boards. I forgot to check the measurements of it before ordering, but we plan to use it for vegetables. Make sure the measurements in the description is your desired length. The markings appeared to have been burned into the wood. I love it! Overall, I am highly satisfied with our purchase. If you found this review helpful, please select "Helpful." Thank you!
The Wood Warped.
by Robert T Scragg (1 out of 5 stars)
November 1, 2017
The wood warped in less than a few months use! Curling right through the middle. Cutting boards aren't supposed to warp, cutting boards that provide measurements are supposed to warp even less.
Great for bigger cuts and slices
by SyniBella (3 out of 5 stars)
May 30, 2018
So I'm slightly OCD so this would be the perfect cutting board or so you think. Yes it's extremely helpful for bigger cuts but the smaller ones marked on the board are just tooooooo tiny to be practical. At least for me. The board construction is very good. Sturdy. Doesn't move about recklessly or anything. I mean it's a cutting board right? Would I buy it again? Heck yes.
Would give more stars but it fell apart
by Mary Ellen (2 out of 5 stars)
June 7, 2012
I was very excited to get this cutting board. I have seen it advertised elsewhere, but could never find it in stock.
The board was very helpful the few times I used it in the short 6 months I had it in my kitchen. It was a great visual aid to help me make sure I cut meat and vegetables in equal pieces. And I made great crostini by using the angles to get nice thin slices on the bias from a baguette!
I only give this item 2 stars for two reasons. First of all, the printing on the board was crooked... I was able to work with it anyway, but the fact that a product advertised as it is had the grid and lines printed slightly off center and tilted struck me as a bit odd. Secondly I downrated this because it started to warp after washing it a few times. I followed all the instructions, but after about 3 washes it was beginning to bend. After 10 washes, it is hopelessly warped and splitting into 4 horizontal pieces. It is now totally useless and will be fireplace kindling. I feel that it should have lasted far longer than 6 months before any sort of wear like this occurred.
I did enjoy this product, and would like to order it again, but I need to give that some serious consideration. I think I would be much more ready to do so if it came in a plastic version that would not warp or crack.
by Stephanie (5 out of 5 stars)
August 18, 2018
Bought this for my boyfriend and he LOVES it. The board came looking great. We have used it multiple times a week for 2 months, hand-washed it, and have had no problems with splitting.
I love this cutting board
by Brie (5 out of 5 stars)
July 26, 2018
I love this cutting board! It was a little smaller than I was expecting (even though they give you the dementions lol) but I am very pleased with it! Helps me make perfect cuts in the kitchen :)
Baking = science, so cooking does too, right?
by Bethany Burke (5 out of 5 stars)
May 24, 2016
Seriously, I never know how big "roughly chopped" or "finely diced" actually is, and my estimate for how much an inch or half inch is is always wildly off. Finally, a cutting board that understands my need for cooking to be perfect! This is perfect for bakers who are trying to cook, because we bakers can't get over the whole "ingredients must be perfect or the science won't work" thing.
by PK (5 out of 5 stars)
July 21, 2019
Bought it for my dad as a gag but it was a big hit. It's a good little cutting board for a black of cheese. I don't know if he's used the actual measurements but he got a kick out of the design.
It seems to be a product much improved based upon previous reviews
by S. Garsson (5 out of 5 stars)
November 15, 2013
The one that I got is a nicely laser etched bamboo laminate that does not seem to be in danger of breaking in half any time soon. As soon as I got it, I applied 4 coats of a finish designed for salad bowls, and that was a good touch for a very nice product. It seems like the manufacturer had listened to previous complaints. The board is smaller than some, so if you are looking for one board to do it all, this might not be the one, but it is a nice addition to a kitchen well stocked with cutting boards.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Kikkerland Cat Butt Magnets, Set of 6 (MG53)
- Carlie 10 oz Cute Cat Glass Cup Tea Mug With Fish Tea Infuser Strainer Filter
- The Art of Eating through the Zombie Apocalypse: A Cookbook and Culinary Survival Guide
- Mercer Culinary Mercer Rules Culinary Mini
- Mercer Culinary Mercer Rules
- Fred THE END Dramatic Bookends
- Fred TABLE SAW Crosscut Cake and Salad Saw, 1 Pack, off-white - TSAW
- CrystalTears Set of 3 Natural Fluorite Self Standing Healing Crystal Point Wand Faceted Prism Wand Carved Reiki Stone Figurine with Box Gift
- Fred & Friends 5240260 Good Measure 72 oz Recipe Pitcher, 72 ounces, Glass
- Amco 8402 Rub-a-Way Bar Stainless Steel Odor Absorber
- Fred CHEESE DEGREES Bamboo Cutting Board, medium - 5186692
- Fred CHEESE LOG Board and Knife Set - 5170924
*If this is not the "The Perfectionist Cutting Board" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 22, 2021 10:33 PST.