Product DescriptionIt is about time.
Who knew that by just replacing the common sand in an hourglass with Magnet Hourglass you could defy the laws of space, time, and physics and make it appear to flow in reverse? But that's exactly what happens with this Awaglass timer.
Given their lack of accuracy, and audible alarms, the hourglass doesn't get used much outside of quaint kitchen settings. But as a desk toy, this lovely hand-blown Awaglass makes for a mesmerizing distraction to your tasks at hand. And every time it blooms, you're about 1 minute closer to the work day being over.
A Poem for this Magnet Hourglass:
When flowers smile in the spring,
we appreciate its beauty,
nostalgia aroma, very few people think that
its seeds in the coming autumn what will be.
Life is like a flower,
once blooming gorgeous is lucky;
once beautiful bright is happiness.
Hourglass Size:16.5*6 cm
Base Size:8*8*2 cm
- Fun and creative reinvention of the traditional sand hourglass
- Complete timing cycle lasts 60 seconds
- Sand is replaced with magnetic iron filings that form interesting, artistic patterns
- Includes magnetic stand that hold the glass vile in place
Top ReviewsMagnetic Hourglass
by S. Winn (4 out of 5 stars)
February 14, 2015
After reading the other review it is obvious that these are not made with an exact amount of metal shavings. The one I got has enough shavings to last about 1 minute and 14 seconds. I actually wish it had less though. With the amount of shavings that is in mine the final formation is always the same. By the end it is just a normal looking mound because the quantity / weight over powers the ability of the magnet to keep the interesting formations. I placed a magnet on the top and this allows some of the shavings to stay hanging like a stalactite.
Great deal on an amazing trinket
by MakerDave (4 out of 5 stars)
September 6, 2016
This thing is even cooler than it looks. The movement of the "sand" is smooth and uniform, and the amazing crystalline structures that it forms in the bottom of the hourglass are hypnotizing.
I was pleased that mine arrived without the goofy "9 Pig" logo on it. It is just a blank, natural wood base, and it looks great.
One small criticism: the magnet in the base came loose after a month or so. A bit of super glue fixed the problem, and I've had no issues since.
Cute trinket but not 60 seconds
by Michelle (3 out of 5 stars)
November 26, 2017
Bought these as gifts but after getting them may have to spend more to make it seem not as cheap. Not 60 seconds as stated. Mine were only about twenty seconds. Bummed but still giving them as gifts as they are still cute and the return process is too much hassle. Maybe change the information to match closer to the actual item. Should have read further into the reviews before buying.
Interesting and fun
by JR-Texas (5 out of 5 stars)
February 26, 2018
We got a couple of these for our grandsons. They like them a lot. You can create interesting "stacks" of the metal particles by moving the hourglass as the particles are dropping onto the magnetized side.
Glass too thin, broke easily just lifting it from the magnetic base.
by Tonya A. (1 out of 5 stars)
December 21, 2018
Glass was way too thin. Magnet hold was so strong, the glass broke trying to pick it up. Lasted about a year, maybe less.
LAME The filings barely interacted with the magnate
by td93 (1 out of 5 stars)
April 9, 2016
All the shavings go through in just over 14 seconds.....LAME
The filings barely interacted with the magnate. You can see some interaction but the effect is not as advertised in the picture.
Would not recommend. 2/10
but easily broken: (
by Betty (4 out of 5 stars)
November 9, 2017
cute decoration, but easily broken :(
by Leo Gordon (3 out of 5 stars)
January 10, 2018
Mesmerizing to watch. Wish it were bigger...more time.
Cool product though
by StaceyA (4 out of 5 stars)
December 17, 2017
Glass turned cloudy from small particles inside. Cool product though!
Nice office or desk gadget
by JTEV (4 out of 5 stars)
May 9, 2016
Interesting hourglass. I like it but I just wish it had more of the sand material inside. All of the material falls through in about 10 seconds. That's the only reason I took away one star.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Z Zicome Hand-blown Glass Sand Timer Magnet Magnetic Hourglass with a Iron Base
- Tedco - Pet Tornado - Shake and Watch - Realistic Tornado Kit
- HEYZLASS Mini Strandbeest Model Kit (Wind Power DIY-Beast) , Interesting and Creative Gift for Birthday Holiday
- Bloody Bath Mat – Color Changing Sheet Turns Red When Wet – Make Your Own Bleeding Footprints That Disappear White – Sheet, for Shower/Bathroom – Novelty Gag Gift
- Lowpricenice Solar Car - World's Smallest Solar Powered Car - Educational Solar Powered Toy
- color mogu Trump Toilet Brush Donald Trump, Original Trump Toilet Brush, Make Toilet Great Again, Commander in Crap (Toilet Brush + Base) Prod
- Happy New Year & Christmas Decorations M and F 1PC Funny Penis Trophy Toys Wacky Halloween Prank Jokes Entertainment Novel Interesting Gift for Boys Children
*If this is not the "Magnetic Sand Hourglass" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 24, 2020 14:04 PST.