Product DescriptionEasily turn any glass bottle into a small drinking cup using this bottle cutter. It's designed to cut bottles anywhere from 43-102 millimeters and provides a secure hold that won't slip as you're slicing through the glass. [Read more]
- The Original Kinkajou!!
- Sandpaper included to help finish the glass
- Separation ties included to help make a cleaner separation
- Cut bottles from 43mm-102mm and One blade lasts over 200 cuts
Top ReviewsSave your money
by christopher walker (1 out of 5 stars)
August 28, 2018
Save your money and apply it to a tile/wet saw with a diamond blade. (YouTube)
As for this product, I followed the supplied directions and all I ended up with was a bunch of broken bottles. Really wasnt a single good thing about this product I liked
A great bottle cutter for beginners
by cti4sw (5 out of 5 stars)
August 2, 2019
When you get more into it, invest in a tile saw with a continuous blade. If you're cutting antique bottles, thicker glass will take more boiling water pours to break than modern glass.
by Dave Roberts (5 out of 5 stars)
February 11, 2017
Amazing product!! Great for presents, or if you're into crafts at all...or even if you're not. It's so simple to use, anyone can do it with a little practice. Directions are perfect and easy to follow. Bought 2 more for gifts!
by goodinc2 (5 out of 5 stars)
August 9, 2019
After reading the reviews on this, I had mixed feelings about my purchase. It arrived quickly and all the pieces were there.
Not sure of the quality of the product's functionality, I tried it out on a test bottle. Keeping in mind the warnings of keeping a straight line and using extreme temperature waters, I followed the instructions to a T. I boiled water in a kettle in preparation for the project and tossed a bowl of water in the freezer to get the "extreme" differences. After marking what I thought was a straight, I got my googles and gloves on, and started alternating between hot and cold water. After the third cycle there was a loud *pop* and the top of the bottle removed itself from the body. The line was mostly clean, and the one part that looked jagged (of which you need a magnifying glass to see) was easily smoothed out with the sandpaper provided.
Excellent job, love the product. 10/10
It's a good idea, but dosnt work
by Joe (2 out of 5 stars)
December 31, 2016
It's a good idea , but dosnt work .
I can make a perfect score every time around the bottle. After putting the bands around bottle i can go through 50 heat and cool cycles with scalding water and ice cold water and it won't pop. I end up removing the bands and heating with a small torch.
Great! Works well if you do this...
by John & Janet Ruiz (5 out of 5 stars)
September 3, 2019
This cutter seems to work very well, and the instructions are pretty simple. I took my time getting it adjusted and set up on my first wine bottle and got the tension tight enough to make one complete circle score. I only did one time around, slowly, making sure I could hear the "scratch" of the cutter on the glass as I rotated the bottle. I was able to get a clean pop the first one and have done a few more with the same results. Couple tips -
- Use a candle to heat the glass instead of boiling water.
- Use a few ice cubes and water in a pitcher or bowl big enough to dip your bottle into.
Heat the glass score you made using a candle. Hold it horizontally over the tip of the candle flame and rotate the bottle in the tip of the flame for a few minutes to get it really hot. It should heat the glass in that score line till it's *hot* but in my case it didn't heat the rest of the bottle, in fact I had to tap and feel the glass to see how hot it was on the score line. After 3 - 4 minutes of slowly rotating the score line directly over the tip of the candle then dip the whole bottle into the ice water.
You may hear it *crack* or not, if not just give it a few seconds and take it out. Sometimes it cracks and falls away, but most of mine have just popped apart when I give them a slight turn. Use care, the edges are sharp at that point and all mine have been pretty clean breaks.
The sandpaper works great to smooth the edges. Any good ol' sandpaper will work when the ones they provide are gone. You do get pretty much everything you need in the kit. I recommend taking your time and having a few bottles ready for the first time and just have fun with it.
and love the concept of this tool
by oreste (4 out of 5 stars)
September 14, 2016
Fast shipping, and love the concept of this tool! only thing i really don't care for is the fact that there is such a steep learning curve. I knew there was a steep learning curve before i bought it though. I recommend watching a good number of how to videos online, they seem to really help. I practiced on a few bottles in the first day, and by the end of the day i had the hang of how to use this bottle cutter. Also was very happy and surprised that when i opened the packaging there was a package of stickers included! I love these little extras!
However I would suggest you draw a perfect line or make a line out of masking tape
by Robert (5 out of 5 stars)
February 20, 2016
Works really well. However I would suggest you draw a perfect line or make a line out of masking tape. That way you can ensure your score mark lines up perfectly when you circle around to the start.
Hard to get clean cut without chips or splinters of glass
by Samantha (1 out of 5 stars)
June 19, 2018
My husband purchased this glass cutter to make wine bottle candles, we had a very hard time getting a clean cut on any of the bottles. Almost every time we would get a splinter or chip where the bottle was cut, calling for extra sanding. He had planned to make these as wedding favors, but we had to come up with a plan B after this process require much more time than we anticipated.
by T. Webb (1 out of 5 stars)
October 27, 2017
This has to be the worse thing I have ever purchased off Amazon. I have repeatedly tried to get it to cut straight and it poor craftmenship will not allow it. Don't waist your money on this!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Replacement Blades for Glass Bottle Cutter 2 Packs, Metal Coating Cutting Blades Replacement for Bottle & Lens Cutting Machine, Fit Most Brands of Glass Bottle Cutter Machine
- Bottle Cutter, Genround Upgrade 2.1 Glass Bottle Cutter Machine for Round, Square and Oval Bottle Cutting | Cut Bottle from Neck to Bottom | Glass Cutter Bottle Cutting Tool for DIY Projects
- DoreenBow Bottle Cutter Kit Glass Bottle Cutter Tool for Round, Square and Oval Bottle Cutting Glass Cutting Tool with Gloves, Sanding Paper, Isolation Rings for DIY Projects Crafts
- Kinkajou Bottle Cutter JR
- Bottle Cutter & Glass Cutter Bundle - DIY Machine for Cutting Wine, Beer, Liquor, Whiskey, Alcohol, Champagne, Water or Soda Round Bottles & Mason Jars to Craft Glasses - Accessories Tool Kit, Gloves
- Kalawen Glass Bottle Cutter Bottle Cutter for Cutting Wine Beer Whiskey Alcohol Champagne with Glass Cutter Tool Kit Gloves Fixing Rubber Ring
- Creator's Glass Bottle Cutter Machine Kit - Pro Quality - Easy to Learn, Fun to Use - Includes Carbide Head, Ruler, Ball Bearing Rollers, Safety Glasses - Craft Beer/Liquor/Wine Bottles - Made in USA
- Saber Tooth Diamond Sanding Pad Kit
- EricX Light Candle Making Pouring Pot, 4 pounds, Dripless Pouring Spout & Heat-Resisting Handle Designed Wax Melting Pot, Aluminum Construction Candle Making Pitcher
- CRL Professional Glass Cutter Oil - 4 Ounce
*If this is not the "Bottle Cutter" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Apr 14, 2021 17:47 PST.