Plant/Garden Soil Sensor Meter
Easy to Use
Save water and save money. The Moisture Meter has an eight inch metal stem that penetrates to root level. No batteries or electricity required.
For any plant
The instructions and watering tips are printed on the back of the included pamphlet. The Moisture Meter will do great in any soil situation. It will accurately display your moisture levels. Find out what moisture your plant needs and keep the level constant for a healthy, long lasting plant.
-Range 1-3: Dry to slighty moist, for plants such as Cactus, thick leaved plant
-Range 4-7: Slightly moist to moist, right for most plants, such as Begonia, Cyclamen, Euphorbia, Ficus, Fuchsia, Philodendron, Geranium, Saintpaulia, Azalea, Adiantum etc.
-Range 8-10 : Very moist, best for Orchid
-Do not put this moisture meter directly against any hard soil ground.
-Do not leave the moisture meter in the soil for a long time.
-To make sure of degree of humidity required by your plants, always consult a specialist.
- 1x Dr.meter Moisture Sensor Meter
- ▶ 【Compact & Portable】 Have you been sticking your finger in the soil hoping to feel when it's time to water? Why not eliminate the guesswork and keep your hands clean when you use the Dr.meter Soil Moisture Sensor Meter! Know the right time to water your garden, farm, lawn and plants, anytime.
- ▶ 【Easy to Read】No experience required--while this machine is sophisticated, it's not complicated! With an interface using ten scales and a color-coded reading system from red, green to blue, it's never been more straightforward reading your soil moisture.
- ▶ 【No Batteries Required】Who needs batteries or electricity? Just plug stick it into the ground and get a reading in no time!
- ▶ 【Gentle to Plant Roots】Keep roots intact when you do readings thanks to the single probe design. You won't have to dig up too much soil or disturb sensitive roots when you take readings so your plants can stay perfectly healthy.
- ▶ 【Helpful Tips】The Dr.meter Soil Moisture Sensor Meter is designed only for soil testing and should not be used in liquids. Keep it away from rocks and extremely hard soil to avoid damaging it. Make sure to clean the probe after each use.
Top ReviewsHas saved my plants
by Anoguous (5 out of 5 stars)
April 10, 2019
After struggling along for years with my plants (people telling me I don't water enough) I now know I've been drowning my plants. With this meter I have saved most of my plants by not watering until the meter shows they need to be watered. Photo shows the dried up leaves of overwatering and the new growth of proper watering. Please keep making this because I will always have one!
Tested on different plant pots and it works
by Dan (5 out of 5 stars)
March 27, 2019
Received today and was a bit worried from some of the defective product reviews some have seemed to have gotten. I went to test it on my different pots and seems to show the moisture rating accurately.
GREAT PRODUCT AND EVERY GARDERNER NEEDS ONE.
by Carol R Robinson (5 out of 5 stars)
June 16, 2019
I LOVE being able to feel more confident in caring for my beloved plants!!! People I can proud say this little monitor is well worth my money and you will too. I love it!! I sincerely feel so much more confident knowing I'm not overwatering or that they need water. ❤️
nice device to have around in the garden
by Heidi W (5 out of 5 stars)
May 15, 2018
I am inexperienced to gardening and my experience of planting was pretty negative before. However, I love to plant something in my garden. I decided to buy this meter to do gardening in a more scientific way. I have this meter more than one week, and I find this meter helpful. No more guessing about how much to water the plants. I have tested it while watering my plant and the meter is sensitive. no battery is needed. It's a great little device to have in the garden if you are new to gardening.
Still can't tell if it works right or not, but it is doing something
by Spots (4 out of 5 stars)
November 7, 2017
At first I wasn't sure if it worked or not, testing it in the dozen potted fuchsias I'm overwintering in my garage under lights. The reading varied from 2 to 3.5 in each pot however, so I figured it is measuring something. Then I added 1/4-1/3 C water to each pot and saw almost no change in the meter readings. I took it outside and stuck it into the moist ground in my back yard--same result, right around 3. I stuck it in a glass of water and it read dry, so it occurred to me that it's measuring something that's not present in pure water, perhaps ions that are only present in soil. Finally I went back to the fuchsias and pushed the tip all the way down to the bottom of the pot--the meter read 6-7 in a few of the pots, but still 3.5 in one of them. The answer was obvious--the water had gone directly to the bottom of the pot, not to the roots, which were mostly still in the middle portion of the pot, due to being recently repotted. My conclusion is that if your soil is unevenly wet, the meter can only report what it reads.
I'm withholding the 5th star because I wish the manufacturer would tell you how to make sure that it will report the full range of moisture in the soil you use. What would I have to do to get the meter to read a 10? A cup of water in a cup of soil, and mix it up so it's evenly wet? If people can't tell whether the meter is reading accurately or not, that's just as useless as one that flat doesn't work, and a lot more confusing. I would also really like to know what exactly it is measuring!
Good and easy for watering plant
by Wei liang lu (5 out of 5 stars)
April 3, 2018
It's very simple and convenient. I didn't know about this soil meterMany plants are bred to death. Basically, I've died of watering too much. It was very convenient to buy this, and I measured each one before watering. The leaves of the fidle leaf fig are now growing out of big leaves!very happy!
must to have for serious gardener
by WY (5 out of 5 stars)
December 7, 2017
I'm very excited about this product. It's very helpful, super helpful and extreme helpful. As a serious gardenning beginer, I bought four osmanthus and two wintersweet flower. they all don't like too much water. I always struggled when to water my plants. This meter helps me to solve this problem. It works great. Check the pictures.
Worked for the purpose
by Qing (5 out of 5 stars)
February 3, 2018
Tried to push it into a pot sitting indoors, it started to point at 1 (driest) then I started to water the plant, after I water about 1.5 quart it moved to 4. Always forgot to water the plant, and not sure if water enough. it's a good indicator. Also tried to put it into a bottle of water (not full) and it pointed at 8. I guess it's better to make the needle point between 4-6. Worked for the purpose.
Does NOT work as advertised!
by AJ (1 out of 5 stars)
May 14, 2018
This product didn't work. It is supposed to give a reading for soil moisture from dry to wet, however this does not work as advertised. I checked multiple soils and it never read above 3 (Dry) I even got a cup of dirt and filled it with water to saturate the soil and the meter never read above 3, even though the soil and water looked like soup! This product isn't worth it! I would not recommend this to anyone, plus the seller has a no return policy. Save your money a buy something else. This product is listed at almost 4.5 stars, and "amazon favorite" however my experience shows this product is a dud.
Updated Review: Great customer service!
by Roxanne Gourley (5 out of 5 stars)
December 15, 2017
I gave this a 1-Star review when I received it because it didn't work. But Dr. Meter got in touch with me and sent me a second one, which works great! I was very impressed with the customer service! Not many companies will go to the trouble of sending you a second product when you are having problems with their original product!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- [2pack Soil Moisture Meter ] Dr.meter Hygrometer Moisture Sensor Meter for Garden, Farm, Lawn Plants Indoor & Outdoor(No Battery needed)
- My Decor Mini Garden Tools Set, 15Pcs Succulent Transplanting Miniature Fairy Garden Planting Gardening Hand Tools Set for Indoor Garden Plant Care (15Pcs)
- Soil PH Meter, Dr.meter 3-in-1 Soil Moisture/Light/pH Tester Gardening Tool Tester Kits for Garden Farm Lawn Planter, Indoor Outdoor Use
- Puppy's Mom 12 Pieces Mini Garden Hand Transplanting Succulent Tools Miniature Planting, Set for Indoor Fairy Care, Potting, Cactus, Houseplant, Bonsai Tools,Bonsai Kit (Pink)
- 13 Pieces Mini Garden Hand Tools Transplanting Tools Succulent Tools Miniature Planting Gardening Tool Set for Indoor Miniature Fairy Garden Plant Care
- Miracle-Gro Succulent Plant Food, 8 oz., For Succulents including Cacti, Jade, And Aloe, 1 Pack
- LOFTWELL Soil Moisture Sensor Meter Tester, Soil Water Monitor, Humidity Plant Tester, Hygrometer Great for Garden, Farm, Lawn, Gardening, Farming, Indoor & Outdoor (No Battery Needed)
- How to Make a Plant Love You: Cultivate Green Space in Your Home and Heart
- Novelty 30605 Indoor Watering Can, 1/2 Gallon, Red
*If this is not the "Plant/Garden Soil Sensor Meter" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 21, 2021 15:31 PST.