Product DescriptionAvoSeedo is a small plastic bowl that features an indentation with a hole in it. A single avocado seed can be inserted with the flat end facing down. Afterwards; AvoSeedo can be placed in a sufficiently large; water-filled pot. Due to its low weight and high displacement; AvoSeedo will remain at the surface all the time; as the water level lowers; AvoSeedo will sink accordingly. With AvoSeedo; you can significantly raise the success rate when it comes to avocado germination. Without any risk; you can decrease the watering intervals drastically. Only from time to time you will have to check the water level of the pot containing AvoSeedo plus avocado seed. Compared to the original toothpick method; there's another advantage: the avocado seed doesn't need to be perforated; reducing the risk of damage (and thus; failed germination efforts). And finally; AvoSeedo features a mounting that can be used to attach small flags. These can be inscribed with the date when germination started; with strain names or with additional information. Thus; you can easily keep track; even when germinating several avocado seeds at the same time.
- ✔ FINALY! A GIFT THAT WILL SURPRISE AND DELIGHT HER! Are your friends and family tired of the same impersonal mugs and gift cards? With AvoSeedo, you have found a truly unique, special-occasion & birthday gift for women that no one else will have! This avocado growing kit has everything to surprise your mom, wife or daughter with an amazing experience.
- ✔ WHY GROW AN AVOCADO TREE? BECAUSE IT’S EXCITING! We all love the magic of watching our sprouts grow. When you receive your avocado grower, you won’t be able to wait to get started and plant your very first seed. We even included a flag in the pack to write the name of this best family member!
- ✔ A UNIQUE GIFT THAT WILL GUARANTEE A CRAZY SMILE! This original avocado starter kit is the perfect gift for a housewarming party, imagine the surprise in your best friend‘s eyes when she receives this cute avocado bowl in which to grow her own indoor plant. We bet she will love it.
- ✔ EVERYBODY WILL ENVY YOUR GREEN THUMB! Is your boyfriend infamous for being unable to sustain and nurture plants? Then AvoSeedo is made for him! No need to be a gardening expert or pro - simply change the water every 2 weeks and let the boat do the rest. With AvoSeedo’s intelligent design, your pit is autonomous!
- ✔ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If you don’t love this planter, we will refund your money! We create amazing gardening sets and we know that you will love them, too. If you struggle to make your avocado grow, contact us and we will help you. If you are not satisfied – for any reason - we'll refund you 100% of the money.
Top ReviewsCool idea
by B.T.S. (5 out of 5 stars)
October 26, 2017
It sure did take some time, but I finally got pits to root. 4 months to be exact. I had a couple fails along the way as well. I found that Avacados grown in the USA do better than the Mexican ones. You should understand that there is a low chance that you will get a fruit bearing tree. Most trees from seed don't fruit. The trees you get in stores that do fruit are cuttings from a fruiting tree. I just thought this would be cool to do and I'm probably going to plant one or two trees at my house and then give some away. This was a neat idea and I'm glad someone capitalized from it.
Avoseedo fulfilled a childhood dream!
by Bananarama (5 out of 5 stars)
November 29, 2015
I was a Kickstarter backer and I couldn't be happier! I have tried unsuccessfully for years (since I was a preteen and I am now 32!) to get an avocado seed to sprout using the toothpick method. My very first try with the Avoseedo and I have two baby trees to call my own. The picture I attached is about 2 months after I put the seed in the little boat.
I am about to start my second round of seeds as the trees I have now are ready to be put in soil. I could have waited longer but I love the process so much that I want to get started on another round.
I plan to give these out as gifts because people keep asking me about them and love the concept! I am so proud of my trees that I proudly show off the pictures to everyone everywhere I go.
by Cheidt (5 out of 5 stars)
June 20, 2017
I was skeptical at first as I've tried to grow an avocado tree from the seed for years with the old cup and toothpick method, but was never successful. This was my first attempt with the avoseedo and it worked! Takes a loooooong time to sprout so don't give up.. stay patient. My tree is sprouting and the roots are long and healthy. I am pumped! :)
After 5 months, we got this little sprout going ...
by CinnamonDevil (5 out of 5 stars)
September 20, 2017
After 5 months, we got this little sprout going! I filled up a trash bin with water, so I don't have to worry about refilling at all.
We are located in the bay area, California, so the weather here is warm most of the time.
Also, different avocados sprout at different rates. The one pictured is an avocado from mexico. We set it up the same day as 2 seeds from avocados from California. Now, California sprouts are only an inch tall, while the Mexican avocado seed has 10 inches.
Didn't work for me
by DCL (1 out of 5 stars)
December 2, 2018
So, I purchased just one for $10.95. I have given this product 1 star simply because it didn't work for me. I tried planting a slim avocado, which was a large seed. It did take root, and developed a good root system. After 2 months, I had to change back to toothpicks. The seed will split at some point. One side is heavier than the other half of the seed. This flotation device tips over and sinks no matter how I position the plant. Maybe this works with smaller seeds, but not for large ones. I would imagine the same think would happen once the stem and leaves grow 4-6 inches tall. It would get top heavy, and tip over like a canoe. Good luck
by Maria Jansson (5 out of 5 stars)
August 16, 2016
Love it! I wish this was my invention!
by Melanie Gilbert (5 out of 5 stars)
June 25, 2018
The AvoSeedo gives even the neophyte gardener a green thumb. The concept is ridiculously easy - even easier than the DIY method of toothpicks and a glass. Both methods work - and we've done both - but this one is a more colorful (select the color of your AvoSeedo "boat") charming (the flag is fun and the avocado-shaped "boat" is, too), and effective (as the water evaporates between changing, the AvoSeedo simply floats down to that level; toothpicks stay stationary on the container's rim. Also, you can grow multiple pits with this method engaging more users.)
The step-by-step, illustrated booklet, three flags (see pic), and markers give gardeners of any age the opportunity to get their hands dirty with this water-based growing method. It took a month for the pit to split, and another 2 months for roots to sprout (we started this in January in Boston!), but once it did, the root grew like crazy. Just now, 5 months in, the tree is finally growing out of the top of the seed. We got on AvoSeedo's website for transplanting instructions. It's been an exciting process to watch and makes us appreciate the time and care required for things to grow properly. It's a great lesson to impart to young children.
AvoSeedo's method can be used as a lesson in homeschooling programs but is low-key enough to be enjoyed by the casual gardening enthusiast. That flexibility to grow your engagement with this tool is one of the many reasons it's a 5-star purchase.
Fun To Watch it Grow!
by The Southern Review (5 out of 5 stars)
May 5, 2018
I've had my AvoSeedo floating in a bowl on my window sill for a month. The pit slowly split and now I have two small roots poking out through the bottom. It is so fun to see it growing week by week, and it really makes you appreciate the no-rush pace of nature. Every couple of weeks, I wash the bowl and sides of the AvoSeedo and refresh the water. I can't wait to pot my first home-sprouted avocado plant!
Side note: organic avocado pits are sometimes smaller than conventional. Mine kept falling through, so I bent a paperclip to hold it in place (see pic).
**UPDATE** My avocado tree is nice and healthy and doing well!
Patience, people! 2 out of 3 worked for me!
by windypoo (5 out of 5 stars)
September 10, 2017
Patience is a must, but these little guys make it well worth the wait. I started with 3 pits from grocery store avocados and, after 5 months of all three floating in their little AvoSeedo boats in a large bowl of water, I now have one with a gnarly root system and an avocado stalk about 14" tall with several pretty leaves. One other pit has a massive root but no stalk (yet) and the third pit got me nothing. But I am thrilled with the two successful starts and as soon as can get them into soil, I plan to start more. Mine have been in the same location the entire time, on a shelf near a SW facing window so they get lots of sunshine but are protected from direct sunlight.
I just ordered one for my granddaughter because I think this would be fun for kids. It will definitely help teach them patience!
These are a fun novelty and make starting an avocado seed easy
by CLR (5 out of 5 stars)
March 19, 2018
These are a fun novelty and make starting an avocado seed easy. I wish they were not this expensive as they are only made from plastic. I have 6 boats. It's easier than the old toothpick trick. I've grown several plants and also sold several for $20 so I've paid for my boats. My only comment is that in the description it says you have to wait till it is a certain height with leaves before you plant it. That is not the case, as soon as you have roots you can plant it in the soil with the seed a bit above soil level and it will continue to grow. Make sure you peel the skin off the avocado seed before starting it in the boat. They like bright light and quite a bit of water once they are planted in soil They also need to be transplanted into bigger pots frequently. They don't have compact roots, just long ones. Don't ever expect to reap avocados from these as it will take over 5-10 years if they ever do produce fruit. It is mostly just for the fun and novelty and for us crazy plant people it provides an itneresting houseplant. Happy Growing.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Nature's Blossom Onion Seed Starter Kit - Beginners Indoor Gardening Set to Grow 4 Different Types of Onions from Organic Seeds. Fun Garden Gift for Men and Women
- Venus Fly Trap, B52 mericlone, Maintenance Free, 100% Growth Guarantee
- Food Huggers Silicone Avocado Huggers Set Of 2, Multi Color - Patented Product
- EatFishinSea Cute Avocado Keychain Set for Bestfriends and Couples - Matching Keyrings Fits Like A Puzzle. A for All Occasions, Valentines, Birthdays and More!
- AvoSeedo Bowl Set Grow Your Own Avocado Tree, Evergreen, Perfect Avocado Tree Growing Kit for Every Avocado Lover with Plan Pot (Kit-Green/Transparent)
- AvoSeedo Bowl Grown Your Own Avocado Tree, Evergreen, Perfect Avocado Tree Growing Kit for Every Avocado Lover - 3 Pack (All Green)
- GrowScripts: 5-PC Avocado Tree Care Kit for Small Patio/Indoor Trees Grown in Containers
- Garden Genie Gloves, Waterproof Garden Gloves with Claw For Digging Planting, Best Gardening Gifts for Women and Men. (Brown)
- OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- AvoSeedo Avocado Tree Growing Kit - Practical Gardening Gifts for Women, Mom, Sister & Best Friend /Grow Avocado Plant Indoor with Unusual Pit Grower Boat /Kitchen Garden Seed Starter Gift (Blue)
- AvoSeedo Bowl Grow Your Own Avocado Tree, Evergreen, Perfect Avocado Tree Growing Kit for Every Avocado Lover – Pink
- AvoSeedo Avocado Tree Growing Kit - Practical Gardening Gifts for Women, Mom, Sister & Best Friend /Grow Avocado Plant Indoor with Unusual Pit Grower Boat /Kitchen Garden Seed Starter Gift (Clear)
*If this is not the "AvoSeedo - Grow an Avocado Tree" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 24, 2020 14:43 PST.