Automatic Pet Ball Launcher
Product DescriptionThe PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher is the premium choice in automatic fetch games. Safety and fun are top priority, meaning your dog can play with the Ball Launcher with or without their human thanks to multiple safety features and motion sensors. The Automatic Ball Launcher is easily transported by the carry handle on top, and is made to use just about anywhere; Use with 6 D batteries or with the included power cord. The Ball Launcher comes with 2 standard sized PetSafe tennis balls, perfect for a game of fetch. In case you want to mix up the game, adjust one of the 6 angle settings or one of the 9 distance settings to really get the game going. Launch anywhere between 8-30 feet! Don’t worry about your pup over-working themselves while playing. The Ball Launcher has a 15 minute interval rest feature to ensure your pet gets the down time they need in between play sessions .
- Automatic Ball Launcher plays fetch with your dog; interactive features aid in training
- Pet receives plenty of exercise chasing launches between 8-30 feet; 9 settings; 6 angle settings
- Multiple safety sensors keep people and pets safe; MOTION SENSOR on the front protects dogs and people from launched balls up to 7 FEET away from the launch pocket.
- PetSafe Brand is an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year.
- Call, chat, or email with our expert US-based customer care specialists six days a week. They are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs.
Top ReviewsOur dogs have become obsessed with this toy.
by Mtf24 (4 out of 5 stars)
June 9, 2016
This ball launcher is definitely the best toy we have ever purchased for our dogs. They play with it all day every day.
Pros: We have used it both indoors and out due to the use of power plug or battery-powered options. adjustable force/distance and throwing angle. The big open basket allows easy use for both our german shepherd and our toy poodle (although she has to go up on her hind legs to place the ball in the basket.)
Cons: The well-intentioned safety features - the motion detector and auto-rest.
1. The motion detector is intended to keep the dogs from getting hit in the head by a ball however it has a 7-foot distance and I could not get my dogs to stay that far back - they get too excited and want to stand right in front of it to catch it mid-air. So we eventually just placed masking tape over the sensor allowing the dogs to play at will. The balls are not thrown hard enough to seriously injure the dogs.
2. Auto-rest feature. This feature causes the launcher to go into a standby mode 15 minutes after a ball is thrown. The intention is that the dogs would play with it continually for 15 minutes, then take a 15-minute break before they resume. However, my dogs don't typically play with it continusouly. They will play with it once or twice then either chase each other or lay down to chew on the balls and by the time they are ready to use it again the 15 minutes are up and they cannot figure out why it won't throw the ball. I get the intent, especially if the dog is outside on a hot day and not being monitored, but there needs to be an option to disable this feature.
it has a 15 minute break time/safety feature that I dislike. I understand why they added this featur
by Jessica Solano (3 out of 5 stars)
January 12, 2017
Not really what I was expecting, it has a 15 minute break time/safety feature that I dislike. I understand why they added this feature as some dogs overwork themselves and don't know when to stop but, I think it would have been smarter to add an option to enable and disable this function for those times when the owner is around to supervise dog. I returned it.
One of my dogs was fine with the sounds but the other one is not
by melissa lamson (2 out of 5 stars)
March 28, 2017
The product did throw the ball, but that is the only positive thing I see about this product. I purchased the one for dogs over 10 pounds. I assumed that I would drop the ball and it would throw it. It takes about 2 minutes or more between putting the ball in and it actually throwing it. It only operates for 15 minutes before it shuts down. The first time I operated it the dogs fetched 5 times before it shut down. Now I get 6 or 7 throws before it shuts down. I don't know about you, but that is not enough throws for my dogs. The product is actually quite large and bulky when taking outside and in. It also makes a series of large beeps. One of my dogs was fine with the sounds but the other one is not.
Amazing product! READ THE DIRECTIONS!
by polevaultercourtney (5 out of 5 stars)
July 1, 2016
I have Scapular thoracic bursitis (a.k.a. REALLY bad shoulders) and thanks to this machine we can play fetch way longer!
NOTE- This does require training! But honestly I feel that's part of what keeps you engaged with your dog- which you should want to be doing anyways! If you watch the video it shows how important the sensor in the front is as my dog lunged straight for the launching port (that could be a bad injury without that safety feature!) If you have the patience to take a little time to train your dog (which as you can see in the video we are working on and she is starting to understand she needs to wait off to the side of the machine) this product is so worth it! My Boxer can be a bit jumpy around different noises, but with some training she now reacts to the noises in anticipation!
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DIRECTIONS THOROUGHLY! This is not something you can just pick up and know what you're doing. It is not by any means complicated, but it is important to really understand how the machine works. I've seen a few reviews on here that even I could have fixed their issue just by reading the directions--and I'm not a product expert!
All in all I say this machine is awesome. The fact that you can adjust the settings, use any size tennis ball, and has it has VERY necessary safety features (unlike some of the other ball launchers on the market) makes it by far the best Ball Launcher out there. I did buy mine from from PetSafe's website, but I came on here to purchase one for a friend!
does not throw the ball as far I anticipated but it keeps a 1 year old lab happy till he is worn out
by Debby (4 out of 5 stars)
October 8, 2016
My lab loves it ... does not throw the ball as far I anticipated but it keeps a 1 year old lab happy till he is worn out ... happy with the product ... he won't put the ball in himself, yet, but he is just being stubborn ... good product ...
Defective - Returned
by CB (2 out of 5 stars)
December 19, 2016
I purchased the "Used Like New" item which ships directly from Amazon. Product came in original packaging, minus the advertised tennis balls and plus a piece of duct tape on the sensor. Before using the product I turned all settings to the lowest level, removed the duct tape and pointed the chute towards an interior wall.
The standard tennis ball I used was launched with such intense velocity it could have easily broken a window had it been aimed slightly to the left. I verified the settings and launched one more ball, again the ball hit the wall with such intensity it was frightening.
I have since purchased the iFetch 2, placed it in the same location and position, lowest levels on the launcher. The ball launched perfectly and didn't launch far enough to hit the same interior wall.
I gave this item 2 stars and the benefit of the doubt that this is likely a defective unit, it should be removed from inventory and sent back to the manufacturer .
Didn't work for our pet
by skiturtles (1 out of 5 stars)
July 22, 2019
My dog didn't understand how this works and neither did we. There was a long indefinite delay after each throw. My dog would get impatient and start pawing at it. It often would not beep and seem to be off. I had to keep unplugging it and plugging it back in to get it to work. Returned.
Shiba Inu Approved!!
by Erik, Tacoma, WA (5 out of 5 stars)
June 28, 2019
I have a Shiba Inu. Shiba's are not known for fetching, and returning (more like fetch & keep-away), but when you have several balls, they fetch and stockpile!! When my Shiba hears the warning tone, he will get in a crouch, ready to take chase - it's pretty funny! He'll chase and acquire balls until I get tired, but being a Shiba, loading the machine is beneath him!! BUT he loves the game!!
Watch out though, the toque from launch, rotates the machine a little bit with each launch, so if you use it indoors, place it on a sticky, or non-skid surface!!
I really wanted this to work
by JK (3 out of 5 stars)
July 12, 2017
I really wanted this product to work and I thought it would because my dog is really smart and could play fetch all day, so the 15 minute time out would have been good for him. However, this launcher was no match for him. He runs fast and far and we need him to do this to wear him out daily! This launcher kind of lobbed the ball (loudly) a short distance away. He only had to jog to catch up and we were all generally unimpressed. I'll continue practicing my manual pitching.
Works Great But Too Loud for Our Dog
by Roy Brown (3 out of 5 stars)
March 27, 2016
Works as Described. Just too loud for our dog. Would be great indoors or out. I love the flexibility with ball size, launch height, and distance.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Wobble Wag Giggle Ball, Interactive Dog Toy, Fun Giggle Sounds, As Seen On TV
- Dog Tennis Balls by Woof Sports - 12 Orange Ecofriendly Balls & Mesh Carrying Bag. Medium Size Balls Fits Standard Ball Launchers
- PetSafe Tennis Dog Toy Balls Compatible with Automatic Ball Launcher (3 Pack), Yellow, Standard
- Tourna Mesh Carry Bag of 18 Tennis Balls
- PetSport USA 2.5" Tuff Balls for Medium Dogs [Pet Safe Non-Toxic Industrial Strength Tennis Balls for Exercise, Play Time & Dog Training](12 Pack)
*If this is not the "Automatic Pet Ball Launcher" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 23, 2020 19:09 PST.