LapDome Device Sun Shade & Carrying Case
Product DescriptionPerfect for the beach, pool, patio, boat, or anywhere outside! The LapDome is a Super Lightweight "Collapsible" laptop computer carry case that pops open to shade and protect your laptop, tablet and cell phone. It offers privacy, security, and protection from the elements, but most of all...computer screen visibility outdoors all of the time! It is designed for cell phones, tablets and laptops up to 17 inches, has a back opening for cables, and has a lockable front zipper door. Included Stow bag is sized to fit in a standard padded laptop carry case (along with your laptop) for safe, long-distance transport. When used as a "briefcase", LapDome secures your laptop inside using a velco strap, leaving plenty of room for chargers, cell phone, wallet, lunch, etc. Use the empty stow bag to carry along CDs, DVDs, batteries, lunch, etc. Includes shoulder strap for briefcase. U.S. PATENT 10/391,860.
- PORTABLE PRIVATE OFFICE / WORK FROM ANYWHERE: The Laptop Tent Sun Shade is a lightweight “collapsible” laptop bag that pops open into a tent to reduce sun glare, prevent overheating, and protect your laptop & accessories from the sun, rain or snow. When used as a “briefcase”, your laptop is secured inside using a strap with extra room for a phone, documents, lunch, beverage, towel, etc. When not in use, Laptop Tent folds into a small round pouch for easy transport in a book bag or suitcase;
- REDUCES SUN GLARE: Laptop Tent comes with a revolutionary Glare Shield made of black UV fabric that attaches to the lower portion of your laptop screen and sits above your hands to prevent natural light from reflecting inside the tent and glaring onto your screen. Watch the video demonstration to see how it works. NOTE: The adjustable straps on Glare Shield need to be tied once before use, as shown in the demo video;
- PREVENTS OVERHEATING / PROTECTS ELECTRONICS: Laptop Tent is made from high quality water-resistant UV material designed to deflect light and heat to help prevent your laptop from overheating. The special fabric is also water-resistant to prevent your electronics from getting wet in the rain or snow. Laptop Tent gives you privacy, has a Velcro back opening for cables or chargers, and a lockable front zipper door (lock not included);
- FOR USE ON TABLE, RECLINED CHAIR OR LOUNGER: Laptop Tent’s low-profile design allows you to see your surroundings as well as the screen. It is designed for laptops with up to 17-inch screens (measured diagonally) if placed on a table or in your lap while sitting in a reclined position. NOTE: Screen visibility will not be ideal when sitting upright with Laptop Tent in your lap and it is not recommended. TIP: Push the front inner tent poles forward to increase screen visibility once set up;
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If you are not satisfied for any reason, or have a question regarding setup or operation, please contact us via email or phone. We are happy to help!
Top ReviewsKeeps sun off the screen, but at a cost of screen space.
by Bill (3 out of 5 stars)
June 15, 2016
I bought this so I could work out by the lake and the pool during the summer. It definitely keeps the sun off the screen and makes it visible even in the harshest sunlight. I like being able to close up the laptop, fold the LapDome, and carry it away. The cord slot on the back is very convenient. Everybody who sees it thinks it's a great idea and I bet a few people have already bought one based on seeing mine.
Unfortunately, while it's very good at keeping the sun off of the laptop, it's also very good at preventing me from seeing the entire laptop in common situations. I'm currently using a 15" laptop with this which fits in the LapDome perfectly. The curvature of the opening cuts off the top left and right corners at best, and at worst it includes the top 1/4 of the screen as well.
I've tried a bunch of different ways to mitigate this. Setting it on a table is the best option which only cuts off the corners. In my lap on a folding chair the front edges of the LapDome droop down a bit which pulls the opening down to cover the top of the screen. It gets a bit better when sitting in a poolside lounger with the lower viewing angle. Even so, I am constantly having to hunch down to see the corners of the screen.
I think if there was an optional rigid base that prevented the bottom of the LapDome from drooping, that would be a huge benefit. As it is, it's really difficult to use it for its intended purpose due to the hunching, bobbing, and weaving that's necessary to see everything. Setting the laptop up high (near shoulder or eye level) would mitigate the screen cut off, but makes it really difficult to type for long periods of time.
If you need to keep the sun off your laptop while you are doing something else and only using the laptop occasionally, the LapDome is probably going to be just fine for you. If you need to have your hands on the keyboard constantly and want to use all of your screen real estate it's going to get really frustrating. Is that frustration an acceptable price to pay for being able to work outside without glare? I'm thinking about it.
It was easy to assemble and disassemble between events
by TheWagners (5 out of 5 stars)
May 6, 2016
Recently purchased this item since I do a lot of production in outdoor events. I tested the LapDome first at one of my most difficult events, a live event on Virginia Beach. There is a lot of sun, sudden rain, and a ton of sand that usually pounds my laptop all weekend. The LapDome protected my laptop perfectly from all of the elements perfectly.
My laptop fit perfectly inside the LapDome with plenty of extra space. It was easy to assemble and disassemble between events.
I was worried that it would be too tall and that I wouldn't be able to see over the LapDome, but that was not the case at all. It's the perfect size, not only for travel but as it sits on the table it was easy to see over.
I would highly recommend this product for anyone who is taking the electronic outdoors!
A real winner
by J. Shoffner (5 out of 5 stars)
April 15, 2017
So far it's perfect! I use it at night for astrophotography. The temp, humidity and wind variations causes havoc on my laptop hanging programs, freezing screens and frustrating me. The Lap Dome made this all go away but it turned into a bug magnet! A few well placed bug repellant bracelets and I'm in business! Not sure I'm folding it right, or how the "glare shield" is suppose to work, but I love it!
Truly fantastic product. I use this in astronomy
by syd.gen (5 out of 5 stars)
April 13, 2018
Truly fantastic product. I use this in astronomy, out in the field. I've been in very extreme conditions, and this little guy blocks light and keeps the laptop dry from damage (dew, freezing, etc). Super value imho, our whole club is buying these. It doesn't show well in the photos, but there are wholes in the back (easily folded and covered up with velcro) for running cables through the back. Just all up excellent design, compacts really nicely into a small circular bag that comes with it.
by FCJr (5 out of 5 stars)
August 9, 2018
Excellent product for late night/early morning astrophotography on dew filled nights. A 15" Toshiba Laptop fits snugly inside, and the heat generated helps to keep the laptop dry and dew free. During the day, it is easy to see the screen. If anything, it could be a bit larger because it is a very tight fit trying to type and control the laptop. But, it is not impossible and that is the only negative I have found and it is a very slight one at that. Overall, a well made product, that is very functional.
by Diana F. (5 out of 5 stars)
June 3, 2019
I'm a writer, but I don't like to be inside all day, especially when the weather is nice. So I purchased this to solve my sun glare problem while writing outdoors. Works great! It does look ridiculous, but I don't care. It keeps the sun off my laptop so that I can be productive and see what I'm doing. It's stores itself into a small 9 inch round pouch, so it's easy to transport. Very light. High recommend.
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
November 6, 2016
I received it on Friday and immediately put it to use during a city emergency drill on Saturday. As the Field Comm Team Lead for the drill, I used it with my laptop in support of AX.25 digital communications. Naturally, it was sunny that day and the LapDome worked like a charm. I especially like the fact that it has external straps in the four corners to bungee (not included) to the table in case it gets windy (and it did), the sturdy fabric, and the rear slot for feeding cables in and out. The setup was easy, the storage case works great, and it collapses down to a nice compact size. I recommend this for anyone who has to operate a laptop outdoors.
Good to use in the car as a passenger
by LA Gal (3 out of 5 stars)
September 28, 2019
While riding as a passenger with my husband at night, the reflection of my Kindle or cell phone in the side window bothered my husband. This does solve that. I'd like it much better for this if it were $30-$35. For what I use it for, $65 is a steep price. And it's still not ideal. It sets too too low on my lap. I set it on top of a 3-inch firm pad to elevate it. Even then, I have to tilt it backward to peer into it, and kind of hold one side up with my hand. I can't put it on a thicker base on my lap or it will block the side mirror. I haven't found a better solution though. Nice that it is collapsible and portable, and it is deep, so better than using a box! Kind of surprised it's so pricey though, when it seems to me to essentially be a small pop-up tent in a bag.
The LapDome is very well made and very well thought out
by Peter Lake (5 out of 5 stars)
March 14, 2017
The LapDome is very well made and very well thought out. As another reviewer said it does cut the top corners of a 15 inch screen a bit but I expected that and can live with it given its other sterling qualities. I bought this primarily to use for astrophotography and I haven't tested it in the field yet (it's been cloudy, nonstop) but during a few dry runs during the day it worked well.
This product is a BIG JOKE!!
by meluv2ridehrses (1 out of 5 stars)
August 13, 2019
I spend hours and hours at my desk with my job and I like to be outside, and I also try to work when someone is driving for me to and from rodeos. I am a rodeo secretary, and I am outside for my job. This product makes it impossible to see the entire laptop screen unless you sit it high up and type like a little kid at a big table. I ordered it early before the rodeo season hit and was excited about being able to see my screen outdoors only to have been TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!! I have emailed the seller twice asking for a refund and get NO response. It is a piece of crap , a waste of money, and I would NOT recommend this product or seller to my worst enemy.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Astrophotography Planner: 2020-2021 Edition
- PROTAGE Condensation Prevention Lens Heater Evening Dew Remover USB Warmer P-LH02
- Inside PixInsight (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
- Think Tank Photo Pixel Sunscreen V 2.0 Anti Glare Screen Hood
- COOSKIN 15.6-inch Matte Anti-Glare Screen Protector Guard for Laptop Dispaly 16:9
- The Astrophotography Sky Atlas
- Orion 13022 Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser
- Astromania Anti-Vibration Suppression Pads Telescope Mounts - for Vibration-Free observing
- StarTech.com 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub (5 Gbps) - Metal Enclosure - Desktop or Wall Mountable - Rugged & industrial Powered USB Expander and Splitter Hub (ST7300U3M)
- The Deep-sky Imaging Primer, Second Edition
*If this is not the "LapDome Device Sun Shade & Carrying Case" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 13, 2022 02:56 +08.