Ullo Wine Purifier & Aerator with Display Base
Product DescriptionFIRST OF ITS KIND: the Ullo Wine Purifier instantly restores the natural taste of wine by removing sulfite preservatives. The purification power of Selective Sulfite Capture technology combines with an adjustable wine aerator in a single, intuitive design that respects the simplicity and ritual of wine.
ULLO ADVANTAGE: Sulfites are artificial chemicals added to wine as a preservative and are no longer needed once the bottle is opened. Ullo purifies wine using a food-grade polymer to selectively remove sulfites while allowing other compounds in wine to flow through unaffected. Through Selective Sulfite Capture, sulfites are filtered to reveal more of the wine's natural flavors and aromas. Ullo's patented filters remove sulfites and purifies 1 standard (750 Milliliter) bottle of wine.
ULLO AERATION: Because some wines prefer to be aerated, Ullo was designed to purify and aerate wine in the same pour. With a simple twist, you can opt to aerate your wine if desired.
ULLO FOR ANY OCCASION: The Ullo purifier works comfortably on top of a variety of wine glasses, as well as the beautifully crafted Ullo carafe and decanter. When serving, Ullo can be returned to its base designed to capture any unruly drips.
- PURE WINE - Ullo purifies any red wine or white wine by selectively removing the sulfite preservative. Ullo's wine filter technology keeps all the wine tannin, flavors, and aromas in your wine glass.
- SULFITE FREE - Enjoy any wine without the common side effects of sulfites. Sulfite removal for wine acts as a wine opener by freeing flavor and aroma compounds while also alleviating headaches and hangover caused by sulfites.
- AERATOR - Ullo Wine Purifier is also a wine aerator. Unlike typical wine aerators and wine accessories, Ullo offers you the option to aerate selectively with an 'on/off' aerator switch.
- SIMPLE - Works with all Ullo filters replacements. Rests on any wine glass or fits most wine decanter and carafes. UIIo is the best of wine gifts and bar accessories, all you need is a corkscrew to go with it!
- QUALITY AND SAFE - Patented design and made from Food Grade BPA-free materials used in all wine openers and wine stoppers. Easily disassembles, dishwasher safe, and an easy wine gift.
Top ReviewsULLO 3 Week Use
by Runner262 (4 out of 5 stars)
December 13, 2018
So I have been a big fan of wines and enjoy the socially and special occasions. My favorite are reds (Cabs, Blends,). I researched on something that could make the experience of drinking wine that was young or sweeter without the consequences of the headache and sensitivity to sulfates. Enter ULLO, which I purchased 3 weeks ago. Here is my own subjective review of this interesting wine accessory:
IMO It Does In Fact filter sulfates and the dozen or so bottles we used our ULLO on sweet to semi-dry wines that we served at social events and smaller gatherings did not give guests or us traditionally headaches or even individual reactions to those sensitive to wine. Net is they enjoyed drinking the wine and were pleasantly surprised by the ULLO process and how it transformed the wine.
Transform the wine? How So?: By reducing or eliminating the sulfates a majority of people have sensitivity to AND also improving for the majority of the wines the taste.
Wines BEST SUITED for ULLO: Sweet, Semi-Sweet, White and Very Young Reds. All improved with filtering via ULLO
Wines NOT SUITED for ULLO: Any Mature Reds, Vintage Port, and any sparking effervescent wines. ULLO does not help here IMO on the taste and very little sulfates are traditionally even present. On the Sparking wines the ULLO will completely neutralize the effervescence and leave a flat taste.
USE of ULLO: Easy instructions if you pay attention to the simple directions. Option to Aerate or Non Aerate by rotating the plastic bezel on the ULLO. I would aerate the young red and sweet wines and seemed to improve the overall taste. CLEANING very simple by taking apart the base and removing the filter and quick wash and rinse and your good to go
SOME THINGS WE LEARNED AFTER MULTIPLE USES OF ULLO: You have to make sure that you are careful opening the ULLO filters as they are delicate and tearing the package open can catch a edged of the filter ripping it and making it useless. Just gently shake the filter in the package and then open and you will not have this issue. Place the filter with the canted bottom in the filter and make sure it seats well. Then attach the base and you are good to go. Using the ULLO you can place it over your glass or even over a decanter. Be advised as other reviewers noted it does take 3 to 5 minutes to filter the wine so a slower process.
The Filters: Yes Expensive, Yes only recommended 1 Filter for 1 Bottle or 750ML. Yes adds $3.00 to a bottle of wine as other users feedback on the overall filter cost. However at lease in our experience we were able to rinse the filter (cool water gently rinsing) and were able to use it on another bottle of wine with no after effects. This is not recommended by ULLO but we did have success in stretching the life of the filter. You will have varied opinions on how ULLO alters the taste of the wines. It does change the taste in our opinion but it is a taste improvement. That is why it should not be used for the higher cost, aged reds, ports etc. Those are best enjoyed after you decant or aerate to appreciate the wine flavor.
Overall Verdict: You be the judge. If you are heavily into your wine, frequently consume or socially entertain with the higher sulfate traditionally lower cost sweet, semi or young red wines and are sensitive to sulfates and their impact then this is a good solution. Realizing the cost upfront and frequency of use will be you largest decision and knowing ULLO is not for ALL wines. Also, you can purchase the filters directly on Amazon or I have seen them stocked at Best Buy. Frankly I have not seen anything that can minimize or vastly reduce sulfates like ULLO does and many people that had to refrain from enjoying wine can now do so with this product.
Great product for those with sulfite allergies
by AeSchae (5 out of 5 stars)
January 8, 2018
I'm severely allergic to sulfa, sulfates and all of the cousins. I can finally have a great glass of wine.
This truly works and eliminates enough sulfites that I don't have skin rashes, swelling or painful bumps on my legs like I would have without using this filter.
Thank you thank you.
No stuffed-up nose!
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
October 3, 2017
I get a terrible stuffed up nose after drinking wine. Bought this in hopes that it would eliminate the problem and I could get sleep without using peppermint oil or menthol or breathe-right strip to keep my nasal passages open. First evening put a whole bottle of Ruby Port through the filter. Drank a glass of Port after dinner. Even before going to bed my nose did not stuff up! No headache in the morning. Great product.
The filter is good for 4 hours
by Carolyn (3 out of 5 stars)
March 13, 2017
Not what I thought. You have to buy filters for every bottle of wine you use. So the filter is a one time use. Kind of adds up in price to buy filters. When you first buy filters it only comes with 4 filters. The filter is good for 4 hours.
Seems to do the job!
by Kristian (5 out of 5 stars)
March 30, 2018
In our opinion, this works. I haven't had a hangover or been headachey since using this. I am allergic to sulfa, and always wondered about sulfites. Keep in mind, I am not a doctor but this is a cool aerator, if nothing else. However, it's all up to interpretation. We typically filter 2 bottles at a time and use a glass pitcher to hold it. This allows us to get the most out of the filters, We drink it either in one night or over the next few days. It's worked very well.
Amazing taste difference!
by Abby (5 out of 5 stars)
February 21, 2017
Awesome product! Huge difference in taste between before and after using Ullo to filter your wine. No hang over the next day either. Worth every penny and will definitely be purchasing more to give as gifts.
No headache and my wine tastes better!!
by marie (5 out of 5 stars)
January 27, 2017
No headache and my wine tastes better!!! Couldn't be more happy with this!!! I do wish the filters were more accessible, available for purchase on amazon, & a lil cheaper! But regardless I am hooked it's worth it!!!
The real deal...except for the cost for filters
by Holly (4 out of 5 stars)
April 24, 2017
The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is due to the amount it costs for filters. This does absolutely work! I have used it 3 times now (wino here) and no headache whatsoever the next morning. Didn't even feel like I drank wine the night before! Ah-mazing!
It is beautiful and very well designed
by Drama Gal (2 out of 5 stars)
May 29, 2017
It is beautiful and very well designed. However, I only drink 1 glass of wine a day and the filter can only be used once :( Doesn't seem very practical too use a whole filter for one glass of wine. I ordered it because I have an allergy to sulfites in wine. The description of the product fails to mention the filter can only be used for 1 bottle of wine -- not 1 glass -- and it cannot be reused. I think it is overpriced when taken into consideration that the filter must be replaced even after pouring one glass of wine. In addition, the replacement filters are expensive. I will use it only when sharing a bottle of wine with friends. Otherwise, I will continue to purchase organic wines that I know do not contain added sulfites and that I can tolerate.
WORTH EVERY PENNY
by kelly adams (5 out of 5 stars)
April 17, 2018
i was a little skeptical at first, especially with the price point, but this thing is no joke. sometimes i get a little wild after work and end up finishing a bottle of wine solo whilst catching up on my programs and like an angel from heaven, this little filter watches over me and ensures that i have a pleasant morning with no headache, stomach ache, fogginess etc. and i don't drink fancy wine so thats a real testament. do yourself a favor, at the very least for gatherings, and make this party of your wine night
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Ullo Single Glass Replacement Filters (12 Pack), Selective Sulfite Capture Technology, Restore the Natural Purity of Wine
- Drop It Wine Drops, 2 Pack - Natural Wine Sulfite Remover and Wine Tannin Remover - Enjoy Wine Again, Works in Just 20 Seconds - Portable and Discrete - A Wine Filter or Wand Alternative
- Ullo Full Bottle Replacement Filters (10 Pack), Selective Sulfite Capture Technology
- The Wand Wine Filter by PureWine | No More Wine Headaches | Removes Sulfites AND Histamines | By-The-Glass (24-pack)
- The Wand Wine Filter by PureWine | No More Wine Headaches | Removes Sulfites And Histamines | By-The-Glass (8-pack)
- Australia's Secret! NEW Wine Allergy Sensitivity Prevention Wine Sulfite Remover Better Than Hangover Prevention Remedies & Wine Filters Stops Red Wine Headaches Nausea IBS (12 Packs)
- Ullo Selective Sulfite Capture Replacement Filters (15-Pack)
- WeThinkeer Wine Filters (12 Packs) Remove Sulfites, Histamine and Tannin - Stops Red Wine Headaches Nausea, Wine Allergy Sensitivity Prevention, Better Than Hangover Prevention Remedies
- Drop It Wine Drops, 1 Pack - Natural Wine Sulfite Remover and Wine Tannin Remover - Enjoy Wine Again, Works in Just 20 Seconds - Portable and Discrete - A Wine Filter or Wand Alternative
- Le Chateau Wine Decanter - 100% Hand Blown Lead-free Crystal Glass - Red Wine Carafe - Wine Gift - Wine Accessories
*If this is not the "Ullo Wine Purifier & Aerator with Display Base" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 24, 2020 23:20 PST.