GrillEye Bluetooth Grilling & Smoking Thermometer
Product DescriptionKeep a watchful eye on your meats and proteins with the GrillEye Smart Bluetooth Grilling and Smoking Thermometer. Allow yourself to relax with friends and family by utilizing this helpful thermometer to track the progress of your grilling and smoking. Use up to six aluminum probes that attach via cord to a detached monitor that displays current and target temperatures. You can lounge up to 328 feet away from your cooking area, and the monitor will let you know all the juicy details of your latest batch of ribs, steaks, burgers, or brats. It's the perfect way to keep an eye on your goods -- but also maximize your time in the presence of loved ones. Dimensions: 3.5W x 1D x 5H in.. Aluminum construction. Available in red. Monitor temperatures up to 328 ft.. Up to 6 temperature probes at a time. Displays current and target temperatures.
- 300' Bluetooth range*: Bluetooth connection enables users to monitor grilling temperatures from up to a 300 foot distance, without experiencing disconnections.
- 6 Probe ports: GrillEye allows easy monitoring of up to 6 different temperature probes at the same time.
- Dual temperature display: GrillEye displays, simultaneously, the current as well as the target temperature, using 2 different LED indicators.
- 2 in 1 Temperature Probes FDA approved for safe use with food. Includes 2 Pro-grade thermometer probes, made of space grade aluminum with flame-proof grip, and 2 clips for ambient temperature readings
- Elegant and rugged design: GrillEye is designed to withstand the roughest conditions during grilling and smoking, without losing its premium style that makes it stand out from the bunch.
Top ReviewsMust have for stress-free grilling perfection!
by Ryan Q (5 out of 5 stars)
April 10, 2017
Fear of overcooking the meat - Not anymore! Fear of being a poor host while tending to the grill - Not anymore! The best grill thermometer I've ever used, hands down. Here's why: I insert the probes and walk away with total peace of mind. Using the phone app, I set alarms for the temp I want (pre-programmed based on meat and doneness), and also a timer for the flip. Then, I grab a beer and entertain in the kitchen or yard, without worrying about the meat. Dingding! Flip! Back to having fun. Dingding! Supper's ready! Chicken and Pork are never overcooked. I use multiple probes when Mom wants rare and Dad wants well done steak. Now I'm their favorite son ;) Probes can be easily racked when not in use. Unit is small and light, and holds up fine when grilling in the rain or snow. At first I was hesitant about the price. After using this product, it's easily worth every penny. Highly recommend.
Not ready for Prime Time
by Austin Bookworm (2 out of 5 stars)
January 29, 2018
I so wanted this to work, but after trying it twice, I found that it was not accurate. It was more than 10 degrees off from my ThermoWorks DOT thermometer. I then noticed the spec's on the accuracy as + or - 34 F. That's a pretty big swing for any food thermometer. Stuff is going to be either over cooked or dangerously underdone. I hope it is a type. See attached screen shot. This one problem makes it a no starter.
The app was easy to install on my Android, but the alarms sound like a smoke alarm which is so high pitched it send the dogs running. This need to be fixed and the user should be able to select any alarm tone or ring tone for any specific reminder.
by Nathan (1 out of 5 stars)
February 7, 2018
Not real happy with my purchase. I purchased it back in July 2017. Unit is cheap plastic and doesn't feel like the quality it should be for the money. I saw past that and used it as I bought it so I might as well use it. From the start one of the probes read about 10 degrees off. I still saw past that and just adjusted as needed. Now on my last cook my two probes both were reading off. Meat was out of the fridge and put on the smoker. One read 55 and the other 111. Meat was around 35. I requested two new probes and they said they'd be glad to send them out. Once they gave me instructions on how to get them, they instructed that I have to send my other ones back to receive the new ones. They do not provide a shipping label and you have to pay for it yourself. When I asked for a shipping label to be sent to me so I could sent them back, I never received a reply. That is some horrible warranty when you have to pay to ship parts back to get new parts. I work in retail that requires a customer service and we send parts out with a return shipping label if we want something back. I find this is be unacceptable in customer service. Then to top it off you charge $19.99 for a new probe! It's almost better to order a whole new unit with two probes rather than order 2 new probes.I'll be ordering a new unit, but definitely not this one.
Get your GRILLEYE!
by nancy (5 out of 5 stars)
May 10, 2017
My husband got the Grilleye for a gift this weekend. It was hard to believe that this was going to cook to perfection....and boy we were very surprised! It was great! We grilled 4 thick pork chops and they were absolutely delicious. Not dry and tough at all. Amazed! We downloaded the FREE app followed 2/3 simple steps and BOOM ! That was it....so easy that I will now cook on the grill and not be worried about dry, over cooked meat! We will purchase a couple more probes, now that we know how simple and easy it is! Best ever....highly recommend!
Great concept but cheap probes
by Nick (2 out of 5 stars)
December 23, 2017
Great concept but cheap probes. This could have been a dream come true but the probes are only good for a few cooks. The probes started being more than ten degrees apart and one read over a hundred degrees in ice water while another read below 40 in room temperature water. The good execution of the software, the decent range, and the ability to use many probes is worthless when the probes don't read an accurate temperature. This unit is an absolute waste of a lot of money.
You could get a handful of cheaper remote thermometers that will last a lot longer. The cheap probes make this absolutely worthless after a few cooks.
Great for multiple meats and grilling
by Vegas Strong (4 out of 5 stars)
January 9, 2018
There are 6 thermometer ports, but it only comes with 2. Please be aware of that. It is pretty easy to figure out, and I recommend playing around with it so that you better understand it.
Here are some of the many pros:
- Very easy to setup. Connected right to my phone.
- Interface is very easy to use and to read. You can set your temp to any temperature you like.
- Has 6 thermometer ports.....but only comes with 2 and you can select temp and meats for each one independently
- The wiring for the gauges is very sturdy and constructed well
- not a bad range for WiFi, but would be nice if it was longer. That may be more of an issue with my home WiFi, but it would be nice if I could go further away without the loud out of range beeping.
- The alert noise is way to loud and way too frequent. So when your meat is done, you have to get to your device or smoker/grill quick.
- Would be nice if the length of the thermometers was about 2 feet longer. Makes it easier to place the main control in a better spot further from smoker/grill
Overall, I'm very satisfied with this. I use my smoker a couple times a week and this is so far my favorite of all the remote thermometers I have used.
Easy app and easy to customize for something unusual (like ...
by Trisha (5 out of 5 stars)
November 23, 2017
This thing just worked straight out of the box. Easy app and easy to customize for something unusual (like the temperature that Franklin recommends for brisket - 203F).
Have used this primarily on the smoker and everything has been perfect so far. House is stucco which limits range on the thing to well under 100'. But I have no issue leaving my ipad in the kitchen while smoking outside and get alarms to check things.
So much better than the unbranded maverick I was using before.
Would love it if it would trend temps over time but even similar cuts (brisket) don't cook the same smoke to smoke.
Grill the perfect meal
by Sam Dark (4 out of 5 stars)
October 27, 2017
I have been using this for about two months now and it is working great. The Bluetooth connection is strong and works around 20 to 30ft. The Android app is very easy to use and had many built in presets for grilling all sorts of meat and fish. I have made many meals so far and all have come out great. Burgers, steaks, salmon, all to my wife's and guests varying tastes and temp requests. This tool makes it easy.
My only complaint is the built in temp alarm sound is really annoying. It would be great if the app allowed you to turn off the built in alarm and let you choose your own notification sound or vibration.
I also agree with other reviewers that the plastic casing unfortunatly does make this product feel like a child's toy instead of the quality product it is.
I love it!!
by TeamNolen (5 out of 5 stars)
February 4, 2019
The probe wires are not fireproof... Exactly like the directions say!!!!
Now I have an new two pack of probes, do yourself a favor and get the one with the 4 probes included.
It is more cost effective. This thermometer has improved my BBQ substantially. No more guessing.
Great Product - Best I've Used
by Karen (5 out of 5 stars)
July 1, 2017
Great product and works better than anything I've used. The bluetooth signal is strong. The ambient air temperature reading does cut out around 520 so it's challenging to get higher temperature reads if baking pizza or grilling steak on a Kamado grill. PERFECT for a slow cook. The app works well. I do wish the settings included a way to turn down or change the ringer in the app itself as it is loud compared to the phone ringer! The addition of individual cook temperatures wasn't entirely intuitive on the app to me although I did figure it out. Instructions for use of the app didn't come in the shipment.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- HOFFEN 2 Pcs Black Paint Folding Shelf Bench Table Folding Bracket, Powder Coated Short Release Arm
- GrillEye GE0003 Pro Plus Grilling & Smoking Thermometer with Hybrid-Wireless Technology & Cloud Monitoring, Red Black
- Project Smoke
- Traeger Grills PEL331 Signature Blend 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets - Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise, and BBQ (20 lb. Bag)
- Mighty Dreams Butcher Paper Roll 24" x 150'- Pink/Peach - Unwaxed BBQ Meat Smoking & Wrapping Paper- 100% FDA Food Grade Paper- Made in USA- Free Durable Carry Tube & eBook
- GrillEye, Black GE0002 Professional Meat Temperature Probe and Ambient Clip
- Pink Butcher Kraft Paper Roll - 18 " x 175' (2100") Peach Wrapping Paper for Beef Briskets - USA Made - All Natural FDA Approved Food Grade BBQ Meat Smoking Paper - Unbleached Unwaxed Uncoated Sheet
- Pink Kraft Butcher Paper Roll - 18 Inch x 175 Feet (2100 Inch) - Food Grade FDA Approved - Peach Wrapping Paper for Smoking Meat of All Varieties - Made in USA - Unbleached, Unwaxed and Uncoated
- Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub 12 Ounce
- GrillEye Probes 2-Pack Free 2-Day Shipping (Including HI and AK)
*If this is not the "GrillEye Bluetooth Grilling & Smoking Thermometer" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jul 1, 2020 06:01 PST.