Product DescriptionCold brew coffee making seems to require a little more finagling and finesse than fixing up a batch of iced tea. And patience. To make it the "right" way you have to let the sweet sludge steep for at least 12 hours. KitchenAid's... [Read more]
- Smooth, rich full-bodied flavor
- Small footprint, ideal fit for any refrigerator or kitchen counter
- Built in stainless steel tap to easily dispense your cold brew from your refrigerator and carrying handle for easy portability
- Makes up to 14 servings
- Streamlined design with glass and stainless steel components to preserve taste
- Reusable stainless steel steeper
- Included components: Coffee maker, Lid, Steeper
Top ReviewsKitchenAid KCM4212SX Cold Brew Coffee Maker
by lsume (5 out of 5 stars)
March 23, 2018
We ordered a refurbished KitchenAid KCM4212SX for substantially less money and it recently arrived in perfect condition as far as I could tell. A rep from Amazon told some years ago that refurbished were still warranted by Amazon and often just the packaging was damaged. In this case, it was factory refurbished and was in excellent condition. As a retired mechanical engineer, I can truly appreciate the ergonomics that went into the design. It's a tremendous design and simple to use. I will be making cold brew tea more often than not while my wife will undoubtably be making cold brew coffee. The concentrate ratio for tea leaves is substantially greater than the coffee ratio but both are significant. I completely took the unit apart today to clean it and get a better understanding of how the unit works. It shines with quality and weight and is easy to operate. Some thinking definitely went into its design. The plastic wrench doubles as a plastic nut to hold the drain and after that is removed along with the hose it has another wrench at its end to fit the plastic nut that holds the valve. The valve is sturdy and is also of high quality in my opinion. I've looked up the chemistry behind cold brewing and I do recommend that you do the same. The taste of cold brew is amazing if you have never had it before. I recommend that you use filtered water and heat the water enough to dissolve your sugar ahead of time so as to get it into solution. You can then throw in some ice that was made with the filtered water to cool it down. You would only do this if you knew exactly how your going to like it based on the ratios. As I recall, the concentrate coffee ratio is 3 to 1 and the tea leaves is 7 to 1. Once you get comfortable using the device, I think you will be keeping your concentrate readily available. The amounts are given by weight which can be estimated with the lines on the unit. We are fortunate to have a very nice high end scale. More and more I seem to be finding recipes that specify amounts by weight in grams. Again, once you have made a batch of one or the other, I think the lines will suffice.
I Liked it for a Couple Months
by Barry Custom Carpentry (1 out of 5 stars)
November 13, 2018
But I couldn't get it to stop leaking. I tried teflon tape and a basin wrench but it's made a mess of my fridge too many times. To the garbage it goes...
by Sara R. (4 out of 5 stars)
October 12, 2018
I went in expecting to love this and it's alright. I like it but don't love it. My complaints are:
1. When you are running low you have to empty the coffee into another container to make more. Simple I know, but my old cold brew maker didn't have this issue.
2. The nozzle drips. Wipe it after use and put something down in your fridge to absorb any drops. Kind of annoying.
3. Even when you coursly grind coffee you will have powdery grounds. Those powdery grounds get through the strainer so your coffee can have tiny grains in it. Not detectable to the mouth or anything it's just visual, but it's just not something I'm used to. It's especially true at the very end of the batch.
Things I like:
Love that it's glass. Love that the strainer is completely reusable so you don't have anything to dispose of except for grounds (strainer is probably not the technical term but I'm too lazy to look up the actual term. Sorry to any pretentious coffee people who read this and scoff lol!). Love that it looks nice and sits nicely in the fridge. I previously had the OXO brand cold brewer and honestly if I could go back a I might buy that one again instead...but it is nice that we don't have that huge ugly plastic thing on our counter all the time anymore.
Rust in nozzle
by G. Lee (1 out of 5 stars)
January 16, 2019
Unboxed for the first time and found rust in the nozzle. Good thing I caught it before actually using it and risk ingesting harmful materials. Hopefully the second one around will be okay.
This is the BEST!
by JMW-1955 (5 out of 5 stars)
June 8, 2017
I have been using a Toddy for about 3 years.Since I recently purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher, I received an email from KitchenAid introducing their Cold Brew system. When I saw that it was stainless steel and glass construction, I was all in, and ordered it immediately. I was amazed at the quality of construction, and I am on my third batch of cold brew. The quantity it produces is less than the Toddy, but that's fine with me - a batch lasts me about 2 weeks. It cleans easily, the spigot works well (close it before adding water to the grounds!), and it fits perfectly on the refrigerator shelf like it was custom-made. I cold brew for a full 24 hours IN the refrigerator, using locally freshly roasted, freshly ground coffee. The results are EXCELLENT. My first batch was vacuum-packaged beans that I had opened a few weeks prior. They were good as a pourover, but everyone raved about the beans when I cold-brewed it. I recommend this product to everyone; a co-worker just bought hers, and agrees 100%.
I love this cold brewer
by Sarah (5 out of 5 stars)
July 11, 2018
I love this cold brewer. I'm on a refined sugar-free diet so I can't have regular coffee creamers. I switched to cold-brewed coffee as it doesn't burn the beans in the brewing process and leave you with a bitter taste like regular brewed coffee, that way I don't need to overload this coffee with a sugar-filled creamer to make it bearable. Anyway, I've been through my fair-share of cold brewers and this one not only looks beautiful in my fridge, but it's an easy to use and brews great coffee. If you're a coffee snob (not me) then sure, you can use whole beans, grind them, do the whole nine if you so choose... but this brewer works fine with already ground beans. I steep/brew overnight (about 12 hours or so). I couldn't imagine a whole 24 hours -- that would literally be jet fuel you're drinking. I fill 1/4 of my cup up with the cold brew and the rest with ice, sugar-free, non-dairy creamer, + 1 scoop of collagen. Delicious!
by Amber Mayfield (1 out of 5 stars)
June 26, 2018
I was so excited to get this. I love cold brew. Unfortunately it is leaking all over my fridge from the bottom of the device. What a waste of the coffee I bought. I even threw away the packaging it came in. I am waiting a response from Amazon.
Quality and Brew
by Rick F (5 out of 5 stars)
February 23, 2019
I know there are less expensive cold brew coffee makers available and this is the first unit I have ever purchased to make cold brew coffee. Still, the quality of this simple device is immediately obvious from the moment you start unpacking it. This is a very well constructed unit, easy to clean, and it takes very little space in your refrigerator. I have made, and begun to drink, my first cold brew coffee. I used Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve Colombian Single Origin Coarsely Ground Coffee and followed the Kitchenaid instructions exactly. I let the coffee steep in my refrigerator (yes, in the refrigerator, not on the counter) for 23 hours because I just couldn't wait any longer. The cold brew is absolutely outstanding!! I really like the Starbucks cold brew and thought it might be tough to match it. But this is a breeze and easily rivals the Starbucks coffee. I did buy other coffees and will post comments as I try them. For now though, my first brew with this coffee came out perfectly. Rich, smooth, loaded with flavor. If you are thinking about trying to make your own cold brew at home you won't go wrong starting off with this brewer and the Stone Cold coffee grind. Make your purchase and in no time you'll be enjoying great coffee.
Three Defective Units in a Row!
by Trevor Gibson (1 out of 5 stars)
June 15, 2018
I've never before taken the time to review anything, but this product is so disappointing that I'm making an exception. We've now had three different units sent to us, and none of them have been usable. The first one leaked out of the bottom seal, the second one had a chip in the glass, and the third one again leaked out of the bottom seal. The product looks very nice, and seems like it could be great - but there's go to be something wrong in their manufacturing an/or distribution processes. At this point, we're giving up on this product and will have to find something else.
Best Coffee on Earth
by Maui Jim (5 out of 5 stars)
July 26, 2017
Excellent product. Makes coffee that is better than the commercially sold stuff. Smooth, acid free and flavorful. Compact. Easy to clean. Not labor intensive. Only caveat is that is consumes more coffee grounds than traditionally brewed coffee.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- STONE COLD JO: 12 oz, Cold Brew Coffee Blend, Dark Roast, Coarse Ground Organic Coffee, Silky, Smooth, Low Acidity, USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, NON-GMO, Great French Press Hot Brew
- Vanilla Macadamia Nut - Flavored Cold Brew Coffee - Inspired Coffee Co. - Coarse Ground Coffee - 12 oz. Resealable Bag
- Salted Caramel - Flavored Cold Brew Coffee - Inspired Coffee Co. - Coarse Ground Coffee - 12 oz. Resealable Bag
- French Vanilla - Flavored Cold Brew Coffee - Inspired Coffee Co. - Coarse Ground Coffee - 12 oz. Resealable Bag
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee | Signature Black Pitcher Packs | 3 Boxes (Makes 6 Pitchers Total)
- Cold Brew Coffee Box Set - Colombian, Peruvian, Guatemalan Ground Coarse for Cold Brew - 6 Filter Bags Included - 1.5 lbs
- Bizzy Organic Cold Brew Coffee | Smooth & Sweet Blend | Coarse Ground Coffee | 16 oz
- Cold Brew Lab Ground Organic Coffee Crafted for Cold Brewing, Extra Coarse Grind Size, Dark Roast, 1 LB Bag
- Tiny Footprint Coffee - Organic Cold Brew Cold Press Elixir | Ground Coffee | USDA Organic | Carbon Negative | 16 Ounce
- Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve Colombian Single Origin Coarsely Ground Coffee - 1 lb. Bag - Dark Roast
- KitchenAid KCM5912SX Cold Brew Coffee Maker 38 Ounce Brushed Stainless Steel
*If this is not the "KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Aug 15, 2020 10:25 PST.