Product DescriptionSave money by packing your own healthy lunch inside the smart lunchbox. Apart from insulating your food so it stays fresher for longer, it also features a series of removable modular leak-proof containers that can be mixed and matched. [Read more]
Top ReviewsNo prepd case and no cooling pads
by Ravi Teja Yaramati (1 out of 5 stars)
May 14, 2018
I've got no pack case, no cooling pads. Disappointed with the price and the items I've got in my order.
by LORRAINE (5 out of 5 stars)
December 14, 2017
I love it. quite an innovative finish.
I beseech you not to buy this terrible, deeply flawed product
by J. B. (1 out of 5 stars)
April 17, 2018
I beseech you not to buy this terrible, deeply flawed product. Please trust me and the thousands and thousands of other people who learned the hard way what a waste of money the Prepd Pack. The box itself is poorly designed and manufactured, and the bamboo cover/"mat" won't lay flat, and the magnet comes out and then it won't shut. At best, the modular containers are decent, but not worth anywhere near what they're charging, and you absolutely cannot microwave them, no matter what the vendor claims. Even if you luck out and get one that doesn't lose its magnet and has a cover that stays MOSTLY flat, it's still much smaller than the pictures imply, and too small for man people. And this company has the most unethical behavior I've ever experienced in my life, and, again, thousands of people can attest to this. Just read the comments on the Indigogo and Kickstarter campaigns. Spend your money elsewhere.
I bought this as a reward for doing so well ...
by Joanna Rohde (5 out of 5 stars)
July 12, 2017
I bought this as a reward for doing so well on weight watchers. It helps because if it doent fit in the box then i dont eat it. You have to creative in what you can take to make the most of the limited space.
Magnets fall off and Customer Service is Horrible.
by marvien2000 (1 out of 5 stars)
April 20, 2018
I purchased this product because it looked quite stylish and looks pretty durable. It was nicely packaged and you would feel that you're pretty trendy having to own one. However, after some use the realization that with the price you paid did not come with the value. The product is quite heavy and after only a days of use the containers get quite cloudy and one of the magnets fell off! When I asked from a replacement, customer service told me to put a rubber band around it if I lost both magnets. I was willing to pay for it if they offered that type of replacement option. Also, if you try to do a return, you would have to pay for your own shipping. Customer service is only via email and if and when they respond - you can wait to hear back after a week or so (on the average). There are other lunchboxes out there that have better quality and customer service than this.
High price point, low quality and customer service.
by Zachary Christy (1 out of 5 stars)
October 21, 2018
I purchased this from the original Kickstarter campaign. After several mishaps from the Prepd team in shipping and manufacturing the materials (which is understandably to be expected from startups) I finally received my Prepd Lunchbox.
Unfortunately, after using the lunchbox for just 6 months (between 3 and 4 days weekly), 3 of 4 containers have cracked, have lost all ability to remain leak proof, and the magnet on the box has come undone. I have ensured that I follow all cleaning and care guidelines for the set, but the "durability for every day use" is simply untrue.
This would all be minor issues were it not for the true problem with this item, absolutely abysmal customer service. Not only were all emails in the original campaign ignored outright, but there was no information given at any point to update customers. Now, following the complete breakdown of the physical product, I have sent 3 emails over the course of two months with no reply. Additionally, I have commented on Facebook posts, sent a message via their website, and have found that's about the end of the list of options. The customer service is clearly a problem for this company, based off of both a lack of correspondence and the sheer volume of similar complaints across many platforms. I have lost the patience and all respect for this company, and have resorted to using this method to hopefully prevent others from wasting their money on a flashy but disappointing lunch prep kit.
If possible, this would receive a solid zero star rating.
Perfect adult lunchbox
by Wahbashie (5 out of 5 stars)
July 12, 2017
Wife loves it. Really great quality and style.
For myself, Prepd is a 5 star product - but it's not for everyone
by Schizandra Barber (4 out of 5 stars)
December 2, 2017
I was tempted to give the Prepd Pack system 5 stars because it's the perfect lunch solution for me, and simply because I want it to stay in the market. Should I ever need more containers or accessories, I'm certain I would purchase them again. But I realize that others may have more criticism of this product than I would, and I'll go into that below.
I've been using this system for about 2 months now. I have 4 container sets, each of which gets used once per week. I've put them in the microwave and the dishwasher just as frequently (haven't tried using them in the freezer yet). I do not place my Prepd lunchbox or containers in the fridge when I'm at work. Instead I put the box in my desk drawer, in the insulation sleeve with the cool sticks. This setup is enough to keep my food cool until my lunch break (about 3.5 hours after taking it out of the fridge). At that time I will microwave for 35 seconds max (no lids), which is enough to warm my food to a good temperature. With this usage, the entire system has held up beautifully. That being said, I acknowledge that with 4 container sets I have the luxury of rotating the containers, and so my usage would be considered light to medium; and 2 months isn't that long of a use duration.
- It's a beautiful packing system that gives your lunches a modern, appealing presentation
- I love the box with the bamboo lid; it's aesthetically pleasing to look at and smooth to the touch
- The plastic containers have a clean minimalist look, and the color accents are nice; I hope they add more colors!
- The magnetic cutlery feels sturdy and looks attractive; and the magnets have not lost their strength so far
- Having multiple container sets allows you to do all your lunch prep in one day for the entire week
- Everything is designed to fit together in a modular and space-conserving way
- The waterproof seal continues to perform well, even though I regularly remove them for cleaning
- The Prepd mobile app is a good source for inspiration and meal planning
- Container size: it's perfect for me, but my lunches are small. Others may find the container sizes too limiting
- Microwave time: for my small lunches, 30 seconds is enough; but for larger, more tightly packed lunches it won't be
- Insulation: the sleeve and cool sticks will not be enough for anything other than a cool indoor environment
I have not run into any of the issues described by other buyers, such as magnets falling out or the box lid not laying flat. All said, I'm very satisfied with my purchase of the Prepd Pack system. I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone though. My husband works outdoors and eats big lunches, so this product is not for him. I can say confidently that as long as a buyer does their research and understands what they're getting with the Prepd Pack system, they won't be disappointed when they use it. Actually I think they'll love it. :)
FEEDBACK / SUGGESTIONS DIRECTLY TO PREPD:
- Consider adding more colors. I love the blue accents on my Prepd Pack, but I would gladly re-purchase everything if you ever came out with, say... a set with avocado green color accents. ;) I bet that plenty of other buyers would do the same for their favorite colors.
- Consider creating a 2x height lunch box option. It won't slip into a backpack as easily, I know. But it will better fit the needs of people who want larger lunches. OR, for people who eat smaller, frequent meals, they can stack 2 sets of your existing Prepd containers in the taller lunch box!
- Consider creating a similarly clever beverage system. I'd love to see something from you like a travel tea / coffee press tumbler, or a water tumbler with a tea / fruit infuser. These tumblers could be placed in an insulating shell that features the same lovely bamboo exterior as the Prepd lunch box.
- Consider collaborating with meal prep / meal delivery companies such as Blue Apron and Freshly. The Prepd Pack appeals to the needs and design tastes of millennial professionals, and a lot of us don't like to do the grocery store thing. :) Imagine us being able to order meal kits from Blue Apron based on the number of Prepd Pack meals they would create, or if we could get Prepd-portioned Freshly meals delivered to us every evening that we'd just pop into Prepd containers and be ready for the next day. Then you could have the Prepd Pack system featured on their websites and their meals featured on your website, and everyone would benefit. :)
Thank you for creating such a great product!
Lovely design, poor quality/value and customer service.
by Ann (2 out of 5 stars)
March 23, 2018
Lovely design, poor quality/value and customer service. We purchased 2 Prep'd boxes with all the accessories (2 each of sleeves, ice packs, silverware, extra containers) in October 2017. At first, we loved these boxes and have received many compliments at work and probably sold a number of Prepd boxes as a result. Unfortunately we are extremely disappointed in the durability, especially given the high price point and the fact that Prepd is marketed as "durable for everyday use". We have carefully followed the care guidelines on the webpage, yet after 6 months of not quite daily use the magnet has fallen off one of the boxes and it won't stay closed. A number of the containers are cracking or warping, despite hand washing only (some microwave use but never more than a minute). There does not appear to be a warranty. We've sent Prepd several emails with no response and their Facebook page does not accept public comments or messages (maybe that's a hint that customers are not satisfied).
Sent from my iPhone
I love this lunchbox
by Luvtoread (5 out of 5 stars)
April 10, 2018
Although I found this pricey for a lunch box. I love this lunchbox, it is the right size for me, it does not fit much food, but with the cooling sticks, it keeps my food at the perfect temperature. I use the box every day, love the look and feel. I know I will have this container for years to come. It is worth the price to me.
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "The Smart Lunchbox" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details last updated on 2019-11-02 04:43:44.