Flat Folding Bicycle Helmet
Product DescriptionMorpher Flat Folding Technology: An Open And Shut Case For The Future Of Helmets Morpher is a stunning new concept in helmet convenience. It folds flat so that it is incredibly easy to carry around and when folded it's WAY smaller than traditional non- folding helmets. It is just as safe as an old style rigid helmet and has passed all relevant safety criteria. At Morpher, not only do we want a safer planet but we believe in a greener one too, so most of our helmet's components are recyclable. We've won a load of awards around the world and have thousands of customers who rave about us and love their Morpher helmets. There is a huge amount of technology in Morpher which allows it to open and close flat, yet have the same safety efficacy as a standard "rigid" helmet. We are dedicated to saving lives and preventing Traumatic Brain Injuries by encouraging cyclists and eventually other sports participants to wear helmets. We do this by making it far more convenient to carry a helmet and therefore to have one with you when it's needed.
- Probably the most amazing helmet in the world Morpher folds & unfolds quickly and simply so it's perfect for cyclists who want to carry a helmet more easily.
- Morpher has an integral fit system. This means you can adjust your Morpher to fit safely and comfortably.
- Morpher is certified for heads with a circumference of between 52cm & 58cm (20.5 to 22.8 inches).
- Strong magnets keep helmet folded when not in use and comes with handy bag for storage
- Morpher: Designed in Britain, made in China by the world's leading Helmet manufacturer. Chinese/American Family run business.
Top ReviewsExtremely functional for bike to office commute, but components...
by JN (2 out of 5 stars)
January 21, 2018
Folds really well and is a strong flexible unit. However, the clasps are small plastic components with fingernail sized corners required to keep the unit in position. Broke the second time out. Very surprised at the engineering. Contacted support right away but have not heard back.
Not good for large heads, and uncomfortable besides
by Alan in Oakland (2 out of 5 stars)
August 23, 2018
I have a large head and this just didn't fit. I had read online comments that it would work for large headed people, but not me.
Besides the fit problem, there are two inward-pointing corners at the front of the helmet that stick out beyond the (minimal) padding, and bore little painful holes in your head.
Besides these two problems (which probably won't affect everyone), it is a remarkably smart design, and I really wish they made it in my size
It's about to break
by RH (2 out of 5 stars)
March 10, 2018
Love the concept, but I doubt this lasts a year. I barely even use it and the clips on the side of the helmet seem like they're worn out. I'm waiting for the day that I'm no longer able to assemble the helmet.
Love my Morpher!
by JH (5 out of 5 stars)
September 7, 2018
I live in New York and use citibikes daily to get to work and elsewhere. This helmet squeezes beautifully into my very small backpack or purse, allowing me to have a helmet with me at all times--allow for spontaneous cycling! It's very easy to collapse and assemble, and adjustments to fit were easy. I can't recommend this helmet enough!
Light design, minimal, works but the padding is horrible.
by AdamWorkingHard (4 out of 5 stars)
March 25, 2019
So I checked and it just supports my large head. I like the design and how it folds down but the inside, there's barely any padding. the padding is manly just cloth. Once the helmet was on my head so many parts poked onto the top and side of my head. I thought maybe I had to break it in so I took it out for a ride. After about 30mins I couldn't stand to wear it anymore. it was so uncomfortable. Although I wanted to keep this helmet it was unusable at the state is was in.
So i purchased new velcro helmet padding on amazon and it made a HUGE difference. I can actually wear it comfortably while riding. with the extra padding the magnet clasps that hold it flat no longer works because the padding is too thick it pops open. not a big deal for me, I just keep it in it's cloth bag (comes with the helmet) and into my back pack it goes.
I think for the new design it should definitely address the pressure points of the helmet. Since it folds even with the yellow clasps fully engaged its still kinda of a foot ball shape. no ones head it like that shape and because of that shape it causes some pressure points to really hurt your head. so better and thicker padding and stronger and bigger magnets to keep the helmet closed even with the thicker padding in v2 please.
and it's really pricey, most people wouldn't be able to afford this helmet. there's other ones that fold but exactly like yours but for $40, same foot print when folded? that's a much better deal than $150 for this one. yes this product folds pretty flat BUT still has a big foot print in your back pack, it's just flat but length wise it's still pretty long.
LIFE SAVING IN NYC
by FRANK J. RELLA (5 out of 5 stars)
September 6, 2018
MY WIFE CYCLES TO WORK DAILY IN NYC AND REFUSED TO WEAR A HELMET AS SHE HAD NO WHERE TO PUT IT
i BOUGHT HER THIS MORPHER AND SHE LOVES IT! SHE WEARS IT EVERY DAY, SAYS ITS SUPER COMFORTABLE, AND WHEN SHE GETS TO HER PLACE OF WORK, SHE FOLDS IT AND PUTS IT IN HER BAG. TRULY LIFE SAVING!!
WHAT A GREAT HELMET!! !!!!
by badcyclist (5 out of 5 stars)
April 19, 2018
This is a five-star review, but with an asterisk.* I often travel with a collapsible bicycle, along with a carry-on suitcase. The biggest problem is how much room my helmet takes up in the suitcase. This helmet is the answer. It collapses almost flat, unlike most other so-called "foldable" helmets. It is light, comfortable, and the adjustable headband easily accomodates my head (7.5 US hat size). The matte black looks good, and my wife says that "it doesn't look any dorkier than any other helmet," which amounts to an endorsement.
* The first helmet arrived broken. One of the four hooks, used to "grab" the matching yellow clips and lock the helmet open for use, was missing, so that the clip had no way to lock in. That made the helmet unusable. Fortunately, Amazon's return policy makes exchanges easy, and the new one arrived in good shape. Like others, I don't know how durable the plastic hook system for locking the helmet into place will be in the long run, but if there are problems I will post an update. Unless or until that happens, I am really, really happy with this helmet.
Phenomonal design and functionality
by Paul Keogh Amripur Consulting P/L (4 out of 5 stars)
November 17, 2017
Would give this awesome helmet 5 stars but for the fact that the side-clips that hold the helmet open don't easily lock into position - the only time you've really got to focus when securing the helmet for use. Otherwise, the finer features of magnetic closure secures the helmet flat, ratchet adjuster for head-fit, easy adjustment for straps, one-hand magnetic chin clip, super lightweight yet solid, great comfort and convenience (folds away in your backpack or bag, truely deserve five stars.
Safe and convenient
by Caitlionator (5 out of 5 stars)
June 13, 2019
I was on the fence about this helmet because it is pretty expensive--I only ride a rideshare bike for about 3 minutes on my daily commute, I refuse to bring a regular helmet that hangs off my bag or backpack for that short of a ride but I also felt nervous especially since I live in a big city. This helmet folds in half really neatly, fits into my work bag easily, and snaps together pretty easily as well. I will say that only two of the snaps on my helmet snap into place on their own--the other two, I have to old the release button while inserting them to get them fully locked. Not ideal for such an expensive helmet but definitely something I'm willing to live with. I love the magnetic clasp as well, super easy to attach and detach one handed. I will definitely buy another one of these helmets when the time comes.
Don't Leave Home Without It!!
by Marty G (5 out of 5 stars)
September 18, 2018
This is a great helmet. The design is fantastic. It's light-weight and can easily be packed in a backpack. Essential if you ride Citibike, as I do. The helmet fits all sized heads and is easy to adjust. You feel extremely safe wearing the helmet. I just got it yesterday and I've already been stopped by other bikers admiring the helmet. I'm so happy!! I love it!!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Foldable helmet Plixi Fit - for bike, kick scooter, skateboard, overboard, e-bike - CPSC standard, same protection as classic helmet - Volume divided by 3 when folded (Blue, L/XL)
- Segway Ninebot Attachable Phone Mount for ES1/ES2/ES4 Kick Scooters
- Ftiier Folding Helmet Bicycle Cycling Road Bike Collapsible Foldable Portable Helmet Adjustable M L Size 22-24 Inches for Adult Men&Women Bicycle Sports Safety Protective Equipment
- Brooks England Foldable Helmet, Large, Ivory/Black
- Seway Scooter Storage Bag, Electric Scooter Front Hanging Bag Durable EVA Fit for Carring Charger Tools, Compatible Sedway Mini Pro Ninebot Mini Xiaomi (Black)
- Topside Bike Helmet Light - Dual Front & Rear Bright Light. Ideal for All Road Cyclists. 2.3oz Rechargeable Light
- Brooks Foldable Helmet Carrera Collaboration with Fabric Cover
- TYR Lycra Swim Cap, Royal
- Ascher USB Rechargeable Bike Light Set,Super Bright Front Headlight and Rear LED Bicycle Light,650mah Lithium Battery,4 Light Mode Options(2 USB cables and 4 Strap Included)
- Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter w/ Premium Li-Ion Battery
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Flat Folding Bicycle Helmet" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 10, 2019 04:00 EST.