Multi-Tool Nose Pliers Pocket Knife
Product DescriptionNo matter what task you need to accomplish, this multi-tool nose pliers pocket knife is sure to have the right tool for the job. It features a solid stainless steel construction and comes loaded with 18 ultra useful everyday tools ranging from mini p
- 18 MULTITOOLS IN ONE EVERYDAY CARRY TOOL: Use the PowerPint as an outdoor multi tool for hiking, fishing and camping; includes mini pliers, scissors, 2 screwdrivers, 2 multitool blades and 1/4 inch magnetic hex bit holder
- 3.2 INCHES CLOSED, 4.2 OUNCE LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: A great small multitool pliers set for hiking, camping or an outdoor survival kit; a perfect everyday multi-purpose tool that gets the job done
- 2X MULTI TOOL PLIERS POWER W/ PATENTED COMPOUND LEVERAGE: This powerhouse pocket utility tool is one tough everything tool and emergency survival kit in one; Compound Leverage lets you cut, crimp and tighten twice as easy
- 2 STAINLESS STEEL MULTITOOL KNIFE BLADES: Lightweight 5Cr15MoV stainless steel straight edge and serrated multitool knife blades make this far more than a simple screwdriver and scissors multitool
- A SOG MULTITOOL FOR LIFE: Take care of your multi tool pocket knife and mini pliers w/ scissors, and we’ll take care of you; we consider all repair and replacement requests for maintained SOG multitool gear
Top ReviewsTerrific idea and design, implementation not so good
by J. Boutilier (4 out of 5 stars)
April 25, 2019
The SOG PowerPint is a small, light pocket sized multitool - larger than a Leatherman Squirt, but smaller than a Leatherman Juice - closed its about 3.2" L x 0.5" T x 0.9" W, and weighs 4.2oz. It's not quite up to the quality of the Leatherman products with respect to sturdiness, and some of its "tools" are not very well done, but overall it's unique size, mostly good quality, and its complement of tools will make it a compelling offering for many.
Below is the list of tools from the manufacturer and my comments on each
1. Awl - excellent - very sharp, and includes an eyelet
2. Blade (Fully Serrated) - excellent - very sharp and nicely ground
3. Blade (Straight Edge) - excellent - very sharp and nicely ground
4. Bottle Opener - good - works ok but not precisely ground and loses the opportunity for a screwdriver on the end
5. Can Opener - fair - not very sharp and looses the opportunity for a screwdriver on the end
6. File (3-Sided) - poor - three levels of coarseness, but none particularly sharp
7. Flat Screwdriver (Small) - garbage - more like a mini square drive, not ground as a usable flat head at all
8. Gripper - very good - nice sharp grinds on the gripping surfaces
9. Hex Bit Driver (1/4") - very good - holds standard 1/4" bits with a small magnet
10. Jewelry Driver - excellent - very nicely ground, but too large for eye glasses
11. Line Cutter - very good - nice and sharp
12. Needle Nose Pliers - very good - precision fit, beefy enough, sharp gripping surfaces
13. Phillips Screwdriver - good - not quite 3D, a little flat in one dimension, but better than Leatherman bits
14. Protractor - garbage - not useful at all
15. Ruler - garbage - not useful at all (stops and starts and only a few mm usable at a time)
16. Scissors - poor - ok sharpness, but not a precision fit so does not cut very well
17. Wire Cutter (Hard) - good - but steel uses is not very good so would not hold up
18. Wire Cutter (Soft) - good
The steel used on this is 5Cr15MoV which is quite stain resistant but not very hard and will not hold up as well as the more typical 420 (or better) steels on Leatherman products..
Love the concept but issues with build quality for a number of the tooks.
Build quality could be better
by SACRICIDE (3 out of 5 stars)
October 19, 2018
Everything sits in place firmly but doesn't snap back in position like nicer tools.
Build quality just isnt very good, pliers are ok but the assembly is off, the handles are off, the philips is wayyyy to tiny, and sadly doesnt provide much for locking tools in average setting like a larger toolset or some smaller ones. RETURNED
Great concept, poor execution
by Xian (2 out of 5 stars)
June 1, 2019
I really wanted to love this tool, it was what I was waiting for all this time... Sadly it can barely deliver. This is very poor quality control; I know that the first batch had problems so I waited. I followed SOG's instagram and saw a comment of them re-assuring everyone that the problems have been fixed and that the new batch is up to par. That was not the case, the scissors can still barely cut paper, the file cant file anything, maybe buff out my nails?... and for 18 tools, not one flat head, they say there it has a jewelry driver but its too thick to screw anything.
I am very disappointed with this product.
-Small and lightweight
-pliers work (atleast)
-the ruler is only 1mm off (who am I kidding this is obviously a con)
-both knives are sharp
-jewelty driver is practically a blunt awle, with a flathead too thick to even be a toothpick.
-linecutter!!!??? Really? no flathead?
-file that cant file anything! NOTHING!
-Scissors that can't cut anything! Even paper!
-Locking mechanism works but its not the best
-poor quality control (one set of tools are easy to access, other set is too tight)
-They could have made the tip of the file into a decent flathead
-they have a dedicated can opener and bottle opener, but no flathead... even though a can opener can open bottles... and the bottle opener could have been a small flathead...
For all the innovation that they have achieved, this tool set them back big time. Only shows why I have 10 times more leatherman products than SOG.
SOG, please, at the least fix the scissors, file and jewelry driver to work as advertised, and I can forgive the multitool that is missing a flathead! If proven, I will buy another one! I'll pay full price! I live in Canada, this is not available here yet, I had to ask family to bring it over, I waited a Month just to be disappointed! Please make it work the way you advertised.
I highly enjoy this tool.
by Spencer (4 out of 5 stars)
January 18, 2019
I want to state that, usually, I hate sog. They are pretty much a bunch of over priced blades and tools that are cheaply made and use poor materials that I have had break on me. After owning knives from kizer, ZT, Benchmade, ECT I'll never go back to their knives.
But this multi tool?
It's a Great tool. And I love this thing.
Pro's; small, heavy duty, solid tool. I actually ended up using this far more than I thought I would. It's well built and it can take a beating. Almost all the tools are well made and we'll thought out.
Cons; It's very small. Smaller than I thought, (but it turned out to be more of a good thing because I can carry it, a knife, flashlight, pen, lighter and small Gerber razor knife in my right pants pocket/watch pocket.) The knife blade on the tool isn't very good (surprising, right? ). But considering It's my back up to my back up blade, it doesn't concern me too much. Just know it's like trying to sharpen a small flat bar made out of aluminum.
You also can't chose just one tool. You have to flip through them all to get the one you want, not a big deal, but it's something some people can't stand.
Overall, great tool. Which is surprising to me, Because like I said, I have never liked much from sog. But I'm convinced their multi-tools are solid, because this isn't the only one I've handled.
Of you need something well made, small, and can get lost in the pocket, I recommend this.
Super compact and versatile
by R. Bridges (5 out of 5 stars)
December 27, 2018
This little tool is feature-packed in a tiny frame. I wear it in the watch pocket of my jeans. The belt clip keeps it at the top of the pocket for quick draw. The blades are very sharp out of the box (this has been my experience with SOG in the past as well). I like that all of the tools are on the outside when it is closed and that they lock firmly in place. I do have to open the butterfly slightly to access the release to fold the tools but I don't mind that. I have large hands so it's a three finger tool for me. The geared plier/wire cutter multiplies the force applied and therefore makes up for its small size. The Powerpint will not replace my full size multi-tool for everyday use but it is a very welcome addition to my tool set.
by DRios79915 (5 out of 5 stars)
June 19, 2018
Super Awesome item, super small also but with great size pliers, the scissors suck need improvement on this, as for rest tool just got item time will tell how the pliers teeth hold out or durability of tools but so far this item is light and good small size for EDC tool. Oh yeah it came in super fast.
One handed operation not possible on Poweraccess.
by WHB (4 out of 5 stars)
December 30, 2018
Not the best multi-tool out there. Materials are not robust enough to support the work/abuse these tools might be exposed to.
Metal gauge for handles is not heavy enough.
If enough torque is applied necessary for some hex driver applications, handles will twist and subsequently will not realign upon closure.
One handed tool access is not possible on Poweraccess tool.
by sherpa68 (1 out of 5 stars)
March 4, 2019
This may be the worst multitool I've ever purchased. It is a nice size but the tools are horrible. The handles didn't line up and the tools were cheap. I used the small screwdriver once and it bent so badly it was not usable. Returned. SOG has great knives but their mutlitools are not the same quality.
by bishopYoder (2 out of 5 stars)
August 19, 2019
I wasn't super impressed with this one. I was looking for a smaller edc multi tool. I also have the Gerber Dime and wanted something a little larger so I tried this one. First off, the compound leverage system from SOG is awesome. I love that feature. The build quality, fit and finish, are just ok. The lockup for the tools is awesome, and the outboard access is great too. The problem is that to unlock the tools to put them away, you have to open up the multi-tool at least have way so you can depress the lock. That basically defeats the purpose of having the tools outboard to begin with. The worst feature though? That goes to the scissors. They're basically useless. Super disappointed in them. My Gerber Dime scissors are like half the size but they work MUCH better. I ended up biting the bullet and just bought a Juice S2. I will buy another SOG multi-tool, but I wouldn't buy another one of these or recommend it to anyone.
Good Tool BUT... quality control is questionable
by FireStorm (2 out of 5 stars)
July 10, 2019
overall this one is good.. just the can opener is not very efficient due to its size.. it cant bite the can very well making it VERY difficult to use, the blade can hardly reach to puncture the can..
and i noticed a quality issue. one side of the handle was bent outwards, clearly seen in the pictures. there are no functions of this part that requires the handle to be bent outwards. clearly this is a manufacturing issue and a quality control issue as well, it would not have reached market had it been spotted in quality control..
bought this for my 7 year old son, much better than the leatherman leap in my opinion in terms of value and tool count..
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- SOG Multitool Pliers Set with Knife - PowerAccess Lightweight Multi Tool Pocket Knife and Utility Tool Set w/ 18 Multi-Purpose Tools (PA1001-CP)
- SOG Multitool Pliers PowerPlay Hex Bit Multi Tool
- SOG Multitool - PowerLock EOD Heavy Duty Multitool
- SOG Multitool with Pliers - Baton Q3 Lightweight EDC Multitool with Bottle Opener, Multitool Knife, 13 Small Multitool Survival Gear Tools (ID1021-CP)
- Gerber Suspension-NXT Multi-Tool with Pocket Clip [30-001364]
- SOG MacV Tool SM1001 - Hardcased Black, 12 Tools in One: Bottle Opener, Screwdrivers
- LEATHERMAN - Bit Driver Extender Add-on Accessory for Multitools, Silver
- SOG EDC Pocket Multitool with Clip - PowerLitre Small Multi Tool and Scout Multitool with Knife, Screwdriver, Hex Bit Holder and 17 Multi Tools (PL1001-CP)
- Hex Bit Accessory Kit
- SOG Multitool Pliers Pocket Tool – PowerAccess Deluxe Utility Tool and Multi Tool Knife w/ 21 Multi Tools, Hex Bit Set, Multitool Sheath (PA2001-CP)
*If this is not the "Multi-Tool Nose Pliers Pocket Knife" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Aug 1, 2020 16:25 PST.