Jiobit Real-Time Location Tracker For Kids
Product DescriptionJiobit is a patented first of its kind gps tracker for kids. This complete location tracking platform which uses Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular, and GPS is the smallest and longest lasting location tracker for kids. Jiobit helps keep toddlers and children safe and brings parents peace of mind. It's a small, lightweight and durable device that clips discreetly to clothing and shoes. Jiobit is paired with a parent's smartphone to deliver real-time location information that will track in any location at any distance.
- REQUIRES A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN: Jiobit requires cellular data to track location. Your monthly plan is selected during activation in the free Jiobit app available for Android & iOS. No separate cellular contract is needed.
- The first-of-its-kind Jiobit TrustChip delivers unmatched security and encryption, meeting or exceeding US-government standards. It's a parent's dream and hacker's worst nightmare.
- Small, lightweight, and durable design allows you to discreetly clip onto clothing or shoes for a simple wearable GPS tracker. Jiobit is an excellent option for your toddler, child or Mom/Dad (seniors) - especially those with sensory sensitivities.
- Track at any distance - even indoors. Not only will you know WHERE your child is, but WHO they're with. Departure and arrival notifications to-and-from home, school, or other trusted locations to allow parents to track kids from anywhere at any time.
- Jiobit is proud to be a U.S. company with 100% U.S. based support out of our headquarters in Chicago.
Top ReviewsDid not meet expectations
by Dave,Top Contributor: Aquascaping (1 out of 5 stars)
June 1, 2019
We have had this for a couple weeks and recently put it through a real world test on a short trip out of town.
Battery life is *not* up to a week, that is completely misleading. With moderate use, ours lasted about a day on a full charge. And this is a brand new unit as of May 2019. Edit: using live tracking drains the battery very quickly, perhaps without using this feature it lasts longer but what good is a device attached to a kidnapped toddler that drains its battery within hours? That aside, live tracking was very accurate in our experience.
One of the main selling points for us was the mobile fence. It relies on Bluetooth and should be easy to use, but in practice the alerts go off at random. At times it would trigger when my child was holding my hand, other times when he was 50' or more away, and sometimes not at all. Setting the max distance did not have any practical effect. Edit: tech support pretty much admitted this is a beta feature and would be constantly improving.
We want to love this, but it doesn't live up to expectations.
Update: we are returning ours. The features we wanted didn't work, the features we needed drain the battery, and the company is not up front with their fees. Even if you go month to month to avoid getting locked into a two year contract, there's a $3/mo fee to keep the SIM active. That was not mentioned to us, and if it was disclosed it was not in a visible location. Their rep attempted to shift the blame for this to Amazon.
I will note they were quick to reverse any and all charges and Amazon is processing the return inside 30 days, so we are not out anything. Still thoroughly disappointed, however. Hopefully, this will be a worthwhile device in the near future.
Brilliant tracker with long battery life if used correctly
by Preben Andersen (5 out of 5 stars)
June 22, 2019
I bought this tracker to be able to track down my son, in case he should suddenly run away from us, when we are out.
As the owner of a software company that develops software for transportation and data collection on the road, I know that small sized trackers are very difficult to make. On one side you need as a minimum a built in data cellphone module to be able to send frequent updated positions over the internet, and a built in gps receiver to be able to get the childs position from satellites.
On the other side you want the tracker to be extremely small in size and light weight.
We have used this tracker now for a month in 3 different countries with very good results and we have had a very long battery life between charges, at least a week. I am extremely impressed by the Jiobit, the free app and the battery life of the Jiobit.
However, it is important to fully understand how this unnatural long battery life is achieved:
- When the child is within proximity of your phone, the Jiobit switches to a power saving bluetooth technology. Obviously a small child like ours will be within our proximity most of the time. However in the app you can also invite other people into a "Care Team", for example grand parents, siblings etc. For bigger children the care team can even include the childs own cell phone. As long as the child is within proximity (30 meters or so) of a member of the care team, battery consumption is extremely low.
If the child is suddenly missing in a crowded place, you can go to the app and remote activate a siren on the tracker, so you can hear where your child is. There is also an indicator in the app telling you how close you are to the child. This is efficient for indoor places where gps signals won't work and in also crowded places outdoor.
If the child is to far away from you or any other member of the care team, the Jiobit automatically switches to the more power consuming cell phone data/gps system, where you can track the child all over the world, no matter how far away from the child you are. In this mode the Jiobit will work for about 1.5 to 2 days if no other power consuming settings have been made.
However in the data cell phone/gps mode, there are also ways to save energy in the app:
- You can mark Trusted Places on a map, so when the child is in kinder garden for example, it will save battery life until the child leaves the kinder garden area.
- If the child is in the same spot for a longer period of time, Jiobit will inform the app, that it will stop sending updates until the child moves again to save battery.
- You can teach your home wifi to Jiobit, so as long as Jiobit is within reach of your wifi, it will also save battery life.
The tracker comes with a strong "claw" to put the tracker on clothes without it falling off. As an accessory you can buy a magnetic lock pin (a la shop theft tags on clothes), so the child won't be able to remove the tracker.
All in all absolutely THE BEST small tracker on the market within the limits of todays technology.
Battery Life, Customer Support from Jiobit
by Cindy Meredith (5 out of 5 stars)
April 26, 2019
After purchasing the device and confronting some issues at first, customer support was able to hear my concerns and fixed the issue, resulting in a positive outcome.
Overall good tracker, easy to use
by christine trisel (4 out of 5 stars)
April 17, 2019
I use this tracker for my father who has Alzheimers. I attach it to his keys and I am able to know when he leaves, returns and where he is going. I use the geofencing to make sure he is in a safe place. Overall the battery is great and the app is easy to use. The only concern is that you can't refresh the device and sometimes the accuracy off. There has been times where I had difficulty pinpointing where he was.
Small, tough, great product, fantastic customer service
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
April 17, 2019
We live in small town South Dakota. My son has Down syndrome and has a tendency to wander. I got the Jiobit specifically because we ate headed to Dallas for a convention and was terrified he would wander off in the crowds and be lost. I felt so much better and was much more relaxed knowing I would be able to track him.
We now use it everyday so I can track to make sure he gets on and off the bus and to daycare after school. I don't have to worry that he's not getting to where he needs to be.
Recently we need to use customer service and what a great group these people are. Quick, responsive, helpful. Some of the best online customer service I've ever had.
Highly recommend this company.
Child safety done right
by Matthew J Hackworth (5 out of 5 stars)
June 13, 2019
"So far I really love this. I needed a tracker for my mom who has early early-onset Alzheimer's. I tried the SpyTec gl300 first for her. It was a pain trying to get the SpyTec to attach and setup. After spending months trying to get the SpyTec to actually work I decided to spend more on the Jiobit.
Couple of things I really appreciate so far about the Jiobit:
1) Connecting the Jiobit device to their iphone app was simple. If you are in the market for a gps tracker you know what I mean when I say most apps are a nightmare to get working and attached to the correct device.
2) It's hard to tell from the pictures but the device is really small and lightweight.
3) I really appreciate the attachment options, it made it very easy for me to keep it on my mom securely.
4) Live tracking is VERY accurate BUT does drain battery much more quickly. I chatted with their support who mentioned that Live Mode does in fact drain the battery more quickly because the Jiobit is using a combination of cellular, gps,wif-fi and bluetooth to be as accurate as possible. I don't plan on using it unless she leaves her home but it is good to know.
My only complaint so far (if you call it that) is I really think they need to do a better job showing how small the device is. When I was shopping around I had a hard time telling the size. Had I known it was this small I wouldn't have looked so long before purchasing.
For it's small size, the technology is very accurate
by Dave Dillon (5 out of 5 stars)
April 15, 2019
I purchased this product to keep track of my 3 year old daughter at busy events. So far it works really well.
by Fabio Y. Yamamoto (5 out of 5 stars)
April 11, 2019
Had a little problem in activation outside US, but they made it work.
Best tracker I have purchased.
by Steven Park (5 out of 5 stars)
June 12, 2019
I have a grandmother who has dementia and will try to escape at every waking moment. This product has proven to be a godsend! I can place a geofence around her home and will be notified if she leaves that area. Also the tracking is spot on. Great product and I've tried many.
Easy to set up, easy to use, and great customer service!
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
June 10, 2019
We actually got this for our dog that we adopted back in February. We wanted to get this for our newest family member so we could have peace of mind.
The instructions were easy to follow, but I had accidentally paired the device without getting their pet version of their software enabled first. Their customer team worked with us to reset this and enable that. I was impressed on how quickly this was taken care of. Once it was reset I reset my phone and went back into the app, at which time the pet software was enabled and ready to go. The setup was VERY easy and fast. Also, their customer team even showed me some tips to get better battery life with my setup. They were really friendly and knowledgeable!
I'm so glad that we discovered Jiobit! This tracker is smaller than you think, I was shocked when I opened the box! It's easy to attach and the app is very easy to use. You can tell they put a lot of time into the design of the product and app.
It's PERFECT. Can't recommend this enough!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Checked
- bayite BYT-WKC-4INP12 4 Inches Key Rings Stainless Steel Wire Keychains Cable Heavy Duty Luggage Tags Loops Tag Keepers 2mm Twist Barrel Pack of 12
- PinionPins Magnetic Pinning System KEY ONLY NO PINS INCLUDED - Duvet/Comforter holder, fastener for decorations, clothing and much more!
- XCSOURCE Mini Waterproof GPS Tracker GSM/GPRS Real Time Tracking Device Locator with Key Chain for Kids Pets Vehicles PS116
- Keychain, Wisdompro 12 Pack of 4.3 Inches Stainless Steel Wire Ring 2mm Cable Loop Rings for Hanging Luggage Tag, Keyrings and ID Tag Keepers (Pack of 12-4.3 inch)
- Britax Car Seat Travel Cart, Black
- Bitbelt 12 pack (one of every color, 3 that glow in the dark!) Protect your Magicband (includes 2.0),Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Charge HR, Garmin Vivofit.
- ProForce 6oz Student Karate Gi / Uniform - White - Size 00
- Lingito Rain Poncho Family Pack: Extra Thick -Disposable Emergency Rain Ponchos for Men, Women and Teens, Children (8pack)
- Pull-Ups Learning Designs for Girls Potty Training Pants, 3T-4T (32-40 Pound), 84 Count (Packaging May Vary)
- Diapers Size 4, 150 Count - Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers, One Month Supply
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Jiobit Real-Time Location Tracker For Kids" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details last updated on 2019-12-05 05:34:31.