Faux Grass Indoor Pet Toilet
The PetSafe Pet Loo is the perfect solution for busy or urban pet parents. This portable indoor/outdoor toilet works for dogs, cats and small pets. The Pet Loo is a convenient alternative to pee pads. No more coming home for lunch or rushing home after work to let your pup out. Train your pet to potty inside! The urine conveniently drains through the grass mat into the Pee Pod and the Wee Sponge powder absorbs the liquid on contact to trap odors and help make clean-up easy. Use PetSafe Wee Care Enzyme Cleaner to spray on the Pet Loo grass and base to help keep your Pet Loo smelling fresh. Available in 3 sizes for small to large breeds. Remove the grass and wash down the entire unit with a hose, shower, or sink sprayer. Allow it to dry completely. Never put your Pet Loo in a washer or dryer or use chemical cleaners on the grass
Included in the Box
- Pet Loo Base
- Grass Pad
- Waste Container
- Disposable Pee Pod
- Trial Size Wee Sponge
| Width || Height |
|Small||21 in.||17 in.||5 in.|
|Medium||24 in.||24 in.||5 in.|
|Large||33 in.||33 in.||5 in.|
- PEACE OF MIND: Great for working pet parents or those that live in apartments and want to train the dog to use the restroom indoor
- LESS ODOR: The covered waste bin and Wee Sponge powder work together to trap smells and help keep the potty odor-free. Made of PET- Polyethylene Terephthalate plastic.
- CONVENIENT CLEAN-UP: The Pee-Pod slides out of the base and the Wee Sponge powder turns the urine into a gel on contact to easily dispose of the waste
- EASY-TO-CLEAN GRASS MAT: Synthetic grass mat can be easily cleaned with water; Simply remove from the base and rinse
- PERFECT FOR SMALL SPACES: The Pet Loo is great for smaller spaces such as RV’s, campers, apartments and patios
- FOR LARGE DOGS: Labrador, Golden Retriever, Australian Shepard, Husky, Boxer, etc.
- PRODUCT SUPPORT: PetSafe brand’s U.S.-based Customer Care experts are happy to help
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading U.S. manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Top ReviewsREAD THIS!!!!!!
by Chibi chibi chibi (4 out of 5 stars)
December 14, 2014
I have been using this for 3 years and have some suggestions. The design of the Pet Loo is awesome. I like how it is elevated and my dogs have to step up onto it to pee, thereby eliminating any half on/half off pees that pool onto the floor and spread completely under a pee pad. I like how it drains and I LOVE the WEE SPONGE that comes with the Pee Pods. It completely absorbs the pee to form literally a spongy mass. It has no odor of pee whatsoever! However if you open the pee pod it smells extremely chemically (think sharpie marker x 100!) so don't breathe it in! What I love, is that I have a 5 lb and 8 lb dog and I only need to change the Pee Pod once per month! I clean the actual Pet Loo with hot water and soap about every 4-6 months. I think it is recommended to do it monthly but I honestly don't see the need if the pee stays contained and you have no overspills. Plus it is a pain to clean bc I have the 33x33 size, the smaller size would be easier to clean. My only complaint with this product is THE GRASS!!! It's awful. It doesn't drain effectively, rather it seems to absorb a lot of the pee and ends up smelling like urine after just one week of use. I clean it (which is a treat for your nose) and without fail one week later it smells completely gross again. The pet loo spray you can buy helps, but only temporarily (and expensive).Plus when the dog jumps on it, it can shift, and so my dogs sometimes just preferred to pee on the floor next to the pet loo rather than getting up on the unstable grass. It also is not soft and plush like real grass and ends up looking real dingy. I suffered with this nasty thing for about 3 years, thinking this is as good as it will get... and then I discovered K9GRASS!!! I have been using it for 2 months and seriously K9Grass on this Pet Loo is the perfect product!! I bought the closest fitting size online (which fit perfectly when I cut it in half so now I have a backup grass for later) and it really truly drains and so there is NO SMELL!!! It is also super duper thick and plush and so my dogs LOVE to jump up on it bc it feels like real grass!! Its heavier in weight so it no longer shifts when the dog jumps on it so they aren't so unsure of it anymore. Only having it for 2 months I haven't tried (or needed) to clean it, so i might have to update the review later.. but I can tell you it is a million times better than the other nasty fake grass. It also looks a lot better, no longer an eyesore! Try the K9Grass on your pet loo, with the wee sponge (pee pods) and you will love this product!! I had to search online and buy direct from the company, It cost $131.95 (3'x5' unbound) but I cut it in half to make two 33x33, and when you consider it makes 2, its a lot better deal than the nasty pet loo grass that I had to buy a new one every year bc I got so sick of the smell...
The Pet Loo is a life saver!!
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
December 12, 2016
I am so grateful for this product and the helpful reviews posted by others. To pay it forward, I describe my experience in detail below starting with a few quick tips: 1. Place potty pads under the grass to help reduce the amount of urine that pools in the disposable container. Change pads daily. 2. Line the disposable container with plastic wrap or ziplocks. Its much easier to clean! 3. Amazon couldn't ship the absorbing powder (pee pod wee sponge) to Alaska so another review suggested using kitty litter. It works great and eliminates odor.
My story: I have a 10 year old minature schnauzer who has trouble holding her urine for more than a few hours. Working as a nurse, I was sometimes gone for 13-15 hours which meant I came home to messes every night! I live in Alaska so a doggy door just isn't practical. I purchased the medium size Pet Loo and it is the perfect size for my 12 lbs dog; I wouldn't recommend anything smaller unless your dog is really tiny. To train her, I placed the Pet Loo outside and put on her leash as if we were going for a walk. Just as she squatted to potty, I picked her up and placed her on the faux grass. It took a few minutes of confused "dancing" around the Pet Loo, but eventually she went potty on grass and was rewarded with many praises and treats. I then brought the Pet Loo inside so she'd get used to it. The next day before leaving for work I segregated a section of the living room with a baby gate, put down her dog bed with the Pet Loo near by. I checked immediately upon getting home and amazingly she'd used the Pet Loo several times! She has consistently used it every day since and can now free roam the house when I'm gone. I could not be more pleased!
Give it time. Great product.
by Steph (5 out of 5 stars)
September 24, 2017
I bought this the 1st of June for my small Papillion mix, adopted 2 wks earlier. Living in a condo, must walk dogs on leashes and I use a wheelchair. I did not want to go out in the rain or snow. I have 2 grass potties, one is smaller. Every morning I put my dog on my enclosed patio and said go potty. After 2 months I was getting discouraged, but after at week 10 she wewe and pooped, i praised her and was so happy. 2 more weeks it was hit or miss, but I never gave up, now September and i say go outside and she runs for the patio door. Everyday any time of day. Raining today and I didn't have to walk my dog outside. Great product,,, give it time and don't give up. I am so happy.
Product is good, but do some research on k9 grass
by Wenwen (4 out of 5 stars)
May 6, 2017
READ FOR SOLUTION!
I love this product. Living on the third floor of an apartment makes it difficult to take my puppy out in the middle of the night or potty train him, you're supposed to take him out immediately to the right location when he has to go. With the stairs or elevator it's not gonna happen. My 14 weeks puppy doesn't have any difficulties with using this product, he started using it regularly in a couple of days. I leave the pet loo inside a fenced area I built for him along with his bed. When I go to work he stays inside and has enough space to play around, nap, and potty. I leave the gate open when I'm home and he goes back in to potty when he has to.
Now the CON, also the reason I knocked off one star:
The grass is crap. My puppy doesn't care if it's real grass or not, the feel is ok. But it stinks even with care under instruction. I spray it daily, even after every use, and soak and wash it every week. The smell is terrible because it doesn't drain properly. The grass also sheds a little. Then I purchased the synthetic grass, synturfmats, on amazon. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. Exaggerate a little but that grass sucks so bad. From the moment I opened the box to the day I threw it away, it did not stop shedding. I pick it up, it sheds, I wash it, I have to collect a bag of fallen grass. And it stunk even worse. So when you purchase a replacement grass, DO NOT but the one with holes drilled here and there, buy the one that looks like it's sewn in the back.
Now, I read other customers solutions of replacement grass and decided to get k9 grass. It can get a little pricy but it's worth it. I also got the one 3'x5' so I can cut in half, now I have a spare.
After I finished the pee pod that came with pet loo, I researched for a cheaper urine gel stuff, during the time I used potty pads instead because the grass doesn't drain that much and pads are sufficient to soak in the urine. I cut the big pads into small pieces and put it inside a plastic bag, then inside the collection tray. With the first two grass it's good enough if I change it daily. After I bought K9 grass, I'm so happy to see so much urine collected in the tray that I know only a teensy teensy bit is left in the grass. The pad isn't enough anymore, there is so much liquid that I actually have to pour it out in my toilet. K9 grass is advertised to drain 99% of liquid that goes through it. I watched their video of a guy dumping buckets of water on it and was convinced. But my own experience convinces me even more. I've had the grass for around a week and I haven't clean it, I just stuck my nose close to it and I couldn't smell much odor. So happy! This combination makes me one happy dog owner and customer. I wish k9 grass has a review section here so I can tell them how awesome they are.
I'm not paid by anybody, go watch k9 grass video you'll know what I mean.
The grass is absolute crap and the clips come right off.
by Amazon Customer (3 out of 5 stars)
September 20, 2018
So the grass that comes with this is absolute crap. It's just looped thru the backing so you can easily pull the pieces out. And they only send 4 clips to hold down the grass which are easily ripped off by chewing or curious puppies. They should really have included 8. However, our puppies went pee on it right away. So I went to Home Depot and got some better grass, but liquid doesn't go thru it very well so will have to try to put holes in it for drainage. So 3 stars.
Update: after new heavier duty grass from Home Depot, metal carpet trim securing the grass and holes drilled into the new grass pad it's great. So add about $70 for supplies and a little elbow grease and you have a usable product! Pups use it now and we don't have to worry about them choking on plastic clips or eating a bunch of plastic grass.
by JE (4 out of 5 stars)
April 5, 2017
My Pomeranian took to this on her first try! Overall the product is light weight and easy to put together. I agree with other reviews, the grass could be better but it is still ok. There is only 1 application of the Wee sponge in the kit so make sure you buy more of that right away. I did line the whole pan with press and seal and so far so good. I ordered the medium size.
Long term owner - Read for useful tips!
by Capo (3 out of 5 stars)
July 28, 2011
I've owned this potty for about 3 years now, purchased it direct from the manufacturer for twice this price. I know all the ups and downs by this point and would like to share them with you.
Originally we used potty pads in a litter box. They were very expensive. Our male dog would miss half the time and the pee would get underneath the pad (gross). Overall a disaster.
So we bought a PupHead indoor potty. Well the grass that came with it stunk to high heaven! Not only that, it was a nightmare to clean. After that waste of money, we searched for something that would seem to make up for the PupHead's downfalls. We came across the Pet Loo.
* The design is actually better than a lot of the potties out there that don't have any kind of container to drain the pee into. The drain - container is by far the nicest part of this potty and the only saving grace.
* I'm going to be honest. We don't follow the directions. We do not clean or empty this thing every day. However, we have two dogs and they fill the pee container within 4 days which is nice because that means 4 days of not having to deal with their pee.
* When the pee container is at least 1/3 full and the dogs jump off of the potty, the pea will splash into the inside of the potty causing a headache to clean! Bad design.
* The grass is a very horrible design/quality. It has a rubber bottom with a hole here and there so the pee soaks into it and you cannot ever get the smell out after that.
* The grass bottom disintegrates after a month or so of use and wash.
* The pee container gets very gross no matter what you do.
* The plastic diversion grid under the grass becomes stained and gross.
The hard learned tips:
* Buy yourself some Glad Press and Seal plastic wrap and coat the entire pee container. Every time you empty the container, replace the plastic wrap. It keeps the container like new and it's dirt cheap compared to the plastic ones you can buy!
* If you want, you can even coat the pee grid under the grass with plastic wrap (do it like roofing a house).
* Throw away that garbage grass. Go to pupgear corp (the makers of PupHead potty) and purchase the synthetic dog grass. You'll have to cut the grass to fit the potty. IMPORTANT: Make sure it does NOT have the "Natural Attractant" because it smells WORSE than the PEE!!!
* When you do a full wash of your potty grass (from PupHead), first rinse all of the pee out of it (because it has amonia which is bad to mix with bleach) and once the water runs clear, soak it in water with bleach. The bleach will remove all smell!
* I put the potty up against the wall. I have a male dog that likes to pee against the wall as a target. I bought a sheet of plexy glass from Home Depot. They cut it to my specs. I put one edge in the potty and the other is resting against the wall. Now when he pees against the wall the pee instead hits the plexy glass and this diverts the pee into the potty instead of behind it.
This tip is not a must but might help those with dogs that have aiming problems.
* I bought a water diversion base for a clothes washer and put it under the potty. My male dog misses (they just can't aim to save their lives), sometimes he also thinks he's on the potty just because his front paws are on there and his entire back half is on the floor. If he does miss, instead of going on the floor, it goes into the water basin which is a lot easier to clean than tile (The grout acts like a channel and carries the pee all over the room). This can be found at hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot.
I hope this helps those of you who have put forth a bit of money on this very imperfect potty system. If it does help or you have more tips, please leave comments.
This product is perfect for our lab. I love it!!!!
by Kira (5 out of 5 stars)
November 25, 2015
I was debating if I should go with this product versus the Porch Potty that costs $297 with s/h for our new lab. After reading much reviews from both ends, I decided that this product would serve its purpose for our lab to relieve itself out in the patio. I simply can't justify the costs to spend close to $300 of the Porch Potty when this product $120 with FREE s/h can't do. I received this product and I simply LOVE it. The product does not feel cheap and it's sturdy. I love how it has a front drawer door where the pet urine ended up. It comes with a small package of Pee-Pod with Wee Sponge which helps absorb urine on contact for immediate odor control. The best part is that it turns pet's urine into a gel, so urine never spills onto your hands or the floor.
I would recommend this product above other products I've seen at Petco or Petsmart for sure.
XLNT but Grass is short both ways
by Ron (4 out of 5 stars)
June 28, 2017
PetSafe / Amazon; Please send me a piece of grass that fits. It should be 30.5 X 30.5 instead of 29.5 X 29.5 It's short on all four sides. Clips do nothing to hold it in place since the grass is too short. I did receive the newer grass that drains excellent but it is too short both ways. Product works as described. Correct the grass size and you;ve got a Real Winner ! I have a Golden Retriever and she used it with a 30 second training . Replacement grass and pee pod price is ridiculously too high. Replacement grass that should be maybe $10 - $15 is $36.00. Pee Pods are $14.00 for a pack of only 7 . I coated my pee pod & unit under grass with "Rust-Oleum Clear Sealer" made for plastic . One spray can is like $4.00 I'm waiting for my piece of grass that fits PetSafe/Amazon ? , 30.5 X 30.5 and the clips will work...... Then 5 Stars.......
Wonderful! Training was
by Amy (5 out of 5 stars)
October 30, 2017
Wonderful! Training was....difficult but only took 5 days, but after my puppy got fixed she was so doped up they we placed her on it then she would use it. She peeed on it reliably until it was washed then we had to sorta re-train her. We put a poo on it and told her she was a good girl and she connected that eventually. Used soooo many treats too. So maybe try collecting your dog's waste and putting it on there helps. After 5 days my puppy poos and pees on it every time, unless she has an accident in the house since she doesn't tell us she has to go yet. The design needs some tweaking, not sure if it's leaking or when it was rinsed it never properly dried out. Emptying the small tray is easy. Haven't used the powder (wee sponge) that comes with it yet, seems like it would be harder to clean out, we just pour it out in the back of the rock yard we have. We keep it on the back porch so we don't smell it but it is cold right now. I have a Jack Russell mix.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Pet Loo Pee-Pod with Sponge - 7-pack - Indoor Toilet Tray for Pets - Urine Disposal
- PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Pet Potty Replacement Grass, Large
- Fresh Patch Large - Real Grass Pee and Potty Training Pad for Dogs Between 15 and 30 Pounds - Indoor and Outdoor Use - 24 Inches x 24 Inches
- KONG Medium Puppy Teething Toy - Colors May Vary(Pack of 1)
- PET GROW 4'x7' Pet Pad Artificial Realistic & Thick Fake Mat for Outdoor Garden Landscape Dog Synthetic Grass Rug Turf, 4 FT x7 FT(28 Square FT), Green
- SMELLEZE Urine Absorber, Solidifier & Deodorizer: 2 lb. Granules for Portable Urinals & Bedpans
- OUT! Go Here Attractant Indoor & Outdoor Dog Training Spray | Housetraining Aid for Puppies and Dogs | 32 oz
- PetSafe Piddle Place Bio+ Enzyme Turf Treatment, Dog Waste Odor Eliminator
- Bodhi Dog Potty Training Spray | Indoor Outdoor Potty Here Training Aid for Dogs & Puppies | Puppy Potty Training for Potty Pads | Made in USA | 8oz
- NaturVet - Potty Here Training Aid Spray - Attractive Scent Helps Train Puppies & Dogs Where to Potty - Formulated for Indoor & Outdoor Use - 8 oz
- PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Dog Potty, Alternative to Puppy Pads, Medium
- PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Dog Potty, Alternative to Pee Pads, Small
*If this is not the "Faux Grass Indoor Pet Toilet" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on May 29, 2023 03:10 +08.