Product DescriptionRemain in control of your vehicle when travelling through icy roads by equipping it with these tire traction covers. These lightweight covers are easy to ... [Read more]
- Provides Traction During Winter - AutoSock tire socks help you navigate those icy & snowy roadways.
- Snow Socks for Compact Cars - Choose snow socks for tires that are compatible with your vehicle!
- Quick Installation & Removal - These tire snow socks can be installed within a few minutes!
- Solution to Tire Chains - Choose a lightweight & easy to store snow chains’ alternative with AS645!
- Approved in All 50 US States - Auto Sock 645 is approved by the USDOT where there are chain laws.
- Fits tire sizes: 175/65/R17, 175/70R15, 175/70R16, 175/75R15, 175/80R14, 185/60R16, 185/60R17, 185/65R16, 185/70R15, 185/75R14, 185/80R13, 185/80R14, 185R13, 185R14, 190/65R390, 195/60R16, 195/65R15, 195/65R16, 195/70R14, 195/70R15, 195/75R13, 195/75R14, 205/40R18, 205/45R17, 205/45R18, 205/50R17, 205/55R16, 205/55R17, 205/60R15, 205/60R16, 205/65R14, 205/65R15, 205/70R14, 215/35R18, 215/35R19, 215/40R18, 215/45R17, 215/45R18, 215/50R16, 215/50R17, 215/55R15, 215/55R16,
- 215/60R14, 215/60R15, 215/65R14, 220/55R390, 225/30R19, 225/35R18, 225/35R19, 225/40R17, 225/40R18, 225/45R16, 225/45R17, 225/50R16, 225/55R15, 225/60R14, 235/30R19, 235/35R18, 235/40R17, 235/40R18, 235/45R16, 235/45R17, 235/55R15, 235/60R14, 245/30R19, 245/35R18, 245/40R17, 245/45R16, 245/50R15
- Perfect temporary winter traction aid for vehicles
- Approved by TUV SUD and leading car manufacturers
- Easy and fast to fit and remove even in cold and difficult weather conditions
- Lightweight and easy to store, reusable and machine washable
- Usable with alloy rims - even when metal chains not allowed, working on all vehicles with low clearance between tire and car body
Top ReviewsAutosock brought me home!!
by Greg P. (5 out of 5 stars)
January 16, 2017
I Picked these up for the rare time it snows here in Portland Oregon. Recently we just had the fifth most snow in history.
Slipped these perfectly fitting Auto socks on my 18 inch alloy wheels with smaller than normal clearance in the wheel well. I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 with manual transmission. Used the warm garage to install, super easy compared to cables or chains. I ventured went out into the hilly neighborhood with ice and snow (see pics) Honestly very impressed with the traction. I was skeptical at first. The next day I thought I could come up the slope of my street WITHOUT the Autosocks and I got stuck. I simply jumped out open the hatch where I was storing them and in under 10 minutes slipped on the auto stocks. The car pulled uphill into my driveway. And reversing with the same effects of excellent traction BTW. really impressed with this product. The only caveat is you can't leave them on the tires overnight in the snow, because if they freeze they'll stick to the pavement and damage them. And you shouldn't drive to long on dry pavement as obviously it'll wear out the material.
I promise you wont regret them
by SF (5 out of 5 stars)
March 5, 2016
These things are awesome. I can't stress it enough. They seriously work. BUT... only use them on snow. Once you are off snow take them off. These are fabric so you can imagine driving on pavement will quickly deteriorate them.
To give some perspective, we have a 12 passenger extended van. In Seattle, we have a lot of steep hills so even when we get a light snow, it makes it difficult to drive. We were going up a hill fine but the light turned red and traffic stopped. I knew we would not be able to get going again and as soon as the light turned green, our tires began to spin. We got out, put these around the tires, then let the van roll back a little bit so we can put the rest of it around the tire. People started coming over to help push the van and we told them "Thank you but we've got it." We got back in and drove right up the hill. It was kind of funny seeing their confused faces. :)
If you use them correctly (on snow) they last a long time. We even have a pair we forgot to take off on pavement and it has considerable signs of tearing and wear but they still work. But we'll be replacing them for safety. And... THEY ARE QUIET! Unlike what i hear about chains.
They go onto the tire kind of like those spare tire covers you see on Jeeps or other SUVs. There is elastic around the edge so it pulls around the tire. SUPER easy to put on.
by Candlewick96 (5 out of 5 stars)
February 3, 2017
I used the Autosock it for the first time last week and was VERY impressed with its performance. I was done and on the road about the same time another motorist who had his car already jacked up when I pulled over behind him got his first set of chains on. Did more driving around during the next couple of days with people in town amazed and full of questions about the product. I subsequently ordered another set for the second car. I am truly impressed with this product and how it stands up to abuse that seasonal chains cannot.
WOW!!! ABSOLUTELY WOW!!! Product is a must have!!
by J. Smith (5 out of 5 stars)
January 3, 2014
Everything was perfect about this product, from how small it is when not in use (to keep in your trunk), to how it worked when in use! I have a 2012 Volvo C70 (FWD) with brand new all-weather tires. the tires were Awful driving on the highway in this recent storm, but as soon as I got off the highway into the back roads, these socks surely saved my car and my life. They work amazingly, and actually got comments from burly mountain men at the service station when they saw them. They're sleek, easy to install, and WORK WORK WORK. I drove yesterday a total of 50 miles on back road hills, ice and thick snow and they worked. They are dirty this morning, but I can't even see any wear and tear on them. They fit perfectly, and I never once had to adjust them during the drive.
If you have ANYTHING less than a snow mobile, you will want to keep at least one pair in your trunk. They're the thinnest package and you'll never know they're even in your trunk until you reach in to put them on, and then you'll be SO GLAD you have them. BRILLIANT engineering and BRILLIANT PRODUCT!!!
Great traction, easy to put on.
by V. Grewal (5 out of 5 stars)
March 29, 2017
Works really well, only issue is with storage once wet. These will not fit back in the bag. In fact, it is highly recommended you carry a strong garbage bag to put these in once you use them and hose them down and dry before storing. I made the mistake of leaving these in my trunk and it left a wretched smell.
Make sure to check with your local jurisdiction, State whether these are DOT certified otherwise they might not allow you to use them in areas designated "chains required"
Seems like they work
by Bill M. (4 out of 5 stars)
January 18, 2017
They seem to work. They fit very well on my 2015 Mazda 3. We've had about a week of standing snow on the roads and they arrived yesterday just as it was beginning to melt. Roads were a mix of packed ice, slush, and wet. I was a bit concerned about driving in mixed conditions with them, especially on cleared areas with wet pavement, but I took them off later and they appeared undamaged.
They were easy to get on and off. I'm still a bit concerned about durability, but they seemed to have done the job yesterday.
Took a bit of trial and error and not quite as easy as the videos make it out to be
by Rob in PDX (4 out of 5 stars)
May 10, 2016
These guys did the trick with my '15 GTI when I went skiing this winter and had to drive on a steep road that required chains or traction tires. Took my friend and I about 15 minutes to get them on and 10 to get them off. Took a bit of trial and error and not quite as easy as the videos make it out to be, but I'm thinking it'll take a bit less next time now that I'm familiar with them. I like that I can keep them in my trunk on top of the spare tire and have them there if the need arises.
by JJ (5 out of 5 stars)
January 27, 2015
Best purchase I've made for my 2011 BMW 328i (E93) Convertible. A set of these on my rear-wheel vehicle got us up to our ski chalet. We drove up two miles of an icy, snow-packed dirt road without any trouble. Almost all other vehicles in our group--including four-wheel drive SUVs could not make it. I highly recommend these.
Also, I found two on the rear wheels to be completely sufficient. We did not need them on the front tires.
It works but won't last.
by JOE BENT (3 out of 5 stars)
February 24, 2015
You'll actually get some extra traction with these on, and the fit is really god if you get the right one for your tire size. It's very easy to put them in and pull them out. I was impressed at the beginning, but they wore out way faster than I was expecting. For that reason only 3 stars. I won't buy them again at that price.
Works amazingly well!
by S. Smith (5 out of 5 stars)
March 13, 2018
My wife was stuck at the bottom of our hill in about 3 inches of slushy snow. I'm an old pro at driving in the snow, but after three tries I gave up and put the Autosocks on. Cruised up the hill like it was dry. I'm amazed that the simple fabric performs so well. Each car in our family now has a set in the trunk.
Easy on and off, made it home.
by Mary Jo (5 out of 5 stars)
February 17, 2019
My hill that hasn't gotten garbage collection in two weeks is easy to get up with these socks.
I bought these because I bought a Nissan Leaf and didn't want my new car getting torn up by chains if they were to come off. Turns out the Leaf is great in the snow. I can't vouch for the sock durability since I only had to use them once, for the last block up my hill. They were easy to get on and off, worked just like in the videos.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- LELink^2 Configurable Auto On/Off Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool for iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android
- AUTOSOCK AL64 Size-AL64 Tire Chain Alternative
- Lifeline AS698 Autosock
- AUTOSOCK 699 Size-699 Tire Chain Alternative
- AUTOSOCK 685 Size-685 Tire Chain Alternative
- AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative
- AS695 AutoSock
- Lifeline AS695 Autosock
- AUTOSOCK 600 Size-600 Tire Chain Alternative
- AutoSock AS698 Traction Wheel and Tire Cover for Ice & Snow Easy Install Tire Chain Alternative with Free 2-Pack HotHands Hand Warmers (AS698, 1)
*If this is not the "Tire Traction Cover" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 7, 2022 19:21 +08.