Gerber Pack Hatchet Camping Axe
Product DescriptionGerber's Pack Hatchet is a little dude with a big mouth. At just under 9-1/2" long, the camping axe is easily packed into or clipped onto outdoor gear. Gerber beefs up its functionality with a full tang construction and... [Read more]
- Gerber Hatchet has a full Tang Construction Means Steadiness In Hand And The Strength To Power Through Swinging Chores
- A tall blade grind retains optimal sharpness for survival hatchet
- Camping hatchet handle is wrapped in a rubber over mold for added grip And comfort
- Nylon Sheath Can Be Mounted On Pack Or Belt
by tommy matturro (3 out of 5 stars)
October 8, 2018
The product is half way ok at doing everything but excels in nothing. It'll chop and make wood curls if you need it to, but a good knife will do the same.
For a hatchet I'd like it to be a little heavier as a dedicated chopper but the light weight of this hatchet paired with its short handle don't do a very good job even when you get a lower grip to achieve better leverage. It is a Pack hatchet and yes, it's easily packable however, it's more of a waste of space to carry a tool that performs substandard
Great pack hatchet
by Tyler Wood (5 out of 5 stars)
July 16, 2018
Great hatchet with sharp edge that digs into wood well. Full tang makes this well balanced and sturdy. The rubber grip is good and easy to keep your grip even with a sweaty hand. Good weight with sleek minimalist size. Only negative thing is this is just a hatchet, does not have flattened back to use as hammer but oh well.
by OGP (5 out of 5 stars)
September 18, 2018
Where I live it's a heavy woodland area so carrying a big knife just didn't cut it. It got to a point where I would need a bigger and heavier knife. So I just bought this hatchet and called it good. It works great it's no heavier than a machete but where I live having that extra chopping power, out weights everything else. The blade is still manageable enough for finer tasks even cooking so I highly recommend this tool
Nice blade but gouged handle
by Captain Awesomeguy (4 out of 5 stars)
April 18, 2019
Got this as a Christmas present for my camp gear. Very sturdy and sharp with a nice textured grip. It has a thin blade so I wouldn't try to use it as a hammer as I usually do with camp hatchets. Only down side is it arrived with the handle gouged around the screw. Doesn't effect the purpose any but as it was a gift my boyfriend was a bit disappointed when gifting it to me.
by Jonathan Smith (5 out of 5 stars)
October 22, 2018
I definitely would recommend this Gerber hatchet for anyone that needs a compact lighter weight chopping tool. The grip on it is awesome and the size is perfect for my pack when I'm on a hike. The only downside is the sheath on it. It is somewhat difficult to get the hatchet out if you're in a bit of a hurry.
I regret buying this
by B. Peterson (2 out of 5 stars)
April 2, 2019
During first use, I found the handle to be so short it was unusable, you can't really swing it, and there's not weight in the head to bring it down. It took me like 40 minutes to chop up some small logs into smaller pieces and tinder to start a fire, would have taken 10 with an axe. I thought I wanted a super light hatchet for backpacking, but I planning on ordering a longer, heavier one, kinda bummed about this.
Bring on the fire-making/camp chores...
by wheelgunner (5 out of 5 stars)
October 16, 2018
Extremely sharp right out of the package. Light and compact, yet feels surprisingly solid. Grip has great ergos. Capable of doing the chores you'd expect from a hatchet. Yep, it already found a home in my day pack and will accompany me on the trail from now on.
Perfect size and weight for hiking, short term real camping
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
September 12, 2019
This Gerber 0539-1108 Pack Hatchet Camping Axe is perfect for what I need - light weight, sturdy, compact, axe to carry while hiking/backpacking/camping. I've only used it a few times and it works as needed (making kindling and small fire burning wood from tree branches, etc). It's very sturdy, solid, well made and the case is perfect too - fits the axe just right, covers the blade head so it can be carried on a belt or stuff in a backpack. Excellent price.
So, so product.
by Phillip (2 out of 5 stars)
March 28, 2019
Recently took on a camping trips. Seems relative fine for chopping but can't use for splitting. There is no "wedge" to the blade at all.
Reliable & Sturdy
by Halle Kapanke (5 out of 5 stars)
July 16, 2019
What a great buy! This hatchet is extremely sharp and will go through small branches and trees like butter. This also comes with a cover which has a small handle stitched in for convenience. Gerber has never let me down with it's products and, once again, this product was no different. Customer for life!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- SOG Folding Shovel Survival Shovel – Entrenching Tool 18.25 Inch Foldable Shovel Camping Shovel w/ Wood Saw Edge and Tactical Shovel Carry Case (F08-N)
- Gerber Downrange Tomahawk [30-000715]
- Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter [31-000699]
- Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set - 24oz Kettle with 2 Ceramic Cups - Stainless Steel Camping Cookware with Vented Lids & Foldable + Locking Handle - Lightweight Cook Pot for Backpacking/Hiking/Camping
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
- Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener, Grey
- Gerber LMF II Infantry Knife, Coyote Brown [22-01463]
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- Gerber ComplEAT, Camp Cooking Tool, Burnt Bronze [31-003465]
- Gerber StrongArm Fixed Blade Knife with Fine Edge - Coyote Brown
- Gerber 0539-1108 Pack Hatchet Camping Axe - Sage Green Handle/Stonewash Blade [31-003482], Sage Green/Stonewash
*If this is not the "Gerber Pack Hatchet Camping Axe" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jun 1, 2023 14:49 +08.