Product DescriptionThe next time you're invited to a friend's home for dinner, use Don't Break the Bottle to present a gift of wine. Your gift will be locked into this beautifully-constructed wooden puzzle gizmo. The fun starts to flow as the recipient solves the puzzle to remove the wine bottle. This amusing wooden puzzle can be a great adult party game or as a gift for the wine enthusiast with a sense of humor. An ingenious gift idea to delight and entertain your host. Watch your host's face turn from Chardonnay to Burgundy red as they struggle to free the bottle! This may involve pushing the ball through, passing the rope over, or pulling the block around... but they'll have to solve the puzzle to find out. We've included instructions in case you all get stumped.
- Don't Break the Bottle is a wonderful gift for the wine enthusiast who loves puzzles
- This ingenious gift is a unique way to present a hostess or holiday gift of wine
- The recipient must solve the puzzle to remove the bottle of wine
- Medium-difficulty, for age 21 and over
- From Family Games America, the socially and environmentally responsible game and puzzle people
Top ReviewsBuyer Beware: Item "Is Not Eligible for Return"
by M. Bergeron (1 out of 5 stars)
December 27, 2018
I purchased 2 of the metal caddy versions and 2 of the classic versions of this bottle puzzle for Christmas presents. The two wooden puzzles and one of the metal caddies worked great. However, the hinge on the 2nd metal caddy broke off almost right out of the box. I have given this item 1 start not due to it being damaged, but because this item "is not eligible for return", even though it is a prime item. I would have otherwise given it 3 stars (or 5 if I was able to exchange the broken one), as the other working puzzles were a lot of fun and made great gifts.
Save your money.
by Russell C. Lewis (3 out of 5 stars)
September 11, 2017
The instructions are horribly confusing... AND I WAS SOBER.
When I finally gave it to my friend, it took her less time to unravel the lock than it took me to put it into place.
If you are looking for something to confuse and confound the recipient, this is not it.
The third star was out of kindness.
Directions confusing but fun gift
by faroneve (5 out of 5 stars)
December 20, 2016
The directions were a little hard for me to lock the bottle in. It is a Christmas gift. I had to give it to my other granddaughter to figure out how to lock the bottle in and she had to go to the internet and go frame by frame in order to understand it...My other granddaughter will Never figure it out, even with the directions. Nice gift with a bottle of wine. Can't wait til Christmas
Happy with purchase
by lettercarrierkathy (5 out of 5 stars)
July 7, 2017
Bought this for my Father-in-laws 90th Bday. He's always been a fan of puzzles so this looked like something he might enjoy. He really liked it! It didn't take him long to figure out but it's unique and fun. It's nicely made and will look good displayed for visitors to see. A definate conversation piece. The directions are worthless so a youtube video I found walked me through the set-up.
Do not buy
by Adam L Hoffman (1 out of 5 stars)
October 30, 2016
Great concept but the hole in the wood is larger than it should be which allows to remove the wood bottle without actually solving the puzzle. If this was built with tighter specifications it would be great. I returned and got a second one to try to solve the issue but the second one had the exact same issue. Save your money until they can get this problem resolved
Doesn't work and not as well made as others
by Nick Adrian (1 out of 5 stars)
August 11, 2016
Recently, a friend had a similar item and it was a blast passing it around the party trying to solve it. I bought this because it was similar, but different puzzle. What a waste. The strings were way too long so that it was not possible to lock a bottle of wine inside. Sure, we could have figured out ways to cut or tie the strings creatively, but it was still too easy to solve and not as solid as the one our friends had at a party. I returned it, but beware, I had to pay return shipping although it was Prime.
Really great gift, lots of laughs.
by Emilee (5 out of 5 stars)
August 18, 2018
Purchased as a birthday gift for a friend. I used this on a bottle of Jameson, as I do not like wine, and the puzzle worked fine, despite the size difference of the bottles.
Everyone loved this puzzle, and watching the birthday boy try to open it, it was a really hilarious time.
Talk about the worst instructions ever
by Amanda Rakestraw (5 out of 5 stars)
January 19, 2018
Had a hard time trying to set it up!! Talk about the worst instructions ever!!!!!!! My boyfriend finally figured it out and it was a Christmas present for my Dad who owns a winery ;) He LOVED it, putting it in the tasting room for people to try out. Fun and unique gift :)
Revenge is mine.
by F. A. Wild (5 out of 5 stars)
December 29, 2007
Don't Break the Bottle, wine caddy edition is a wonderfully polished and challenging way to give a gift of vino. This year I gave a bottle of Christmas wine to my mother. After the delight of opening the present wore off the realization dawned that there was a bit more work to be done to get at the bottle. Now even a few days after Christmas I still call to ask if she is enjoying a glass of her wine yet. The puzzle is rather simple but with a complexity that is just right for general gift giving. The caddy looks great, is sturdy and makes a excellent display for your favorite bottle. The caddy holds regular bottles of wine but if there is too much variation on the shape of the bottle it may not fit. While shopping I recommend taking the caddy with you if you are looking at different shapes and sizes of bottles to be sure it fits. Also if you want to put in something of a non-alcoholic variety many types of sparkling juice would fit as well. The directions on how to put the puzzle together as well as how to solve it are not very straight forward. But take your time, have fun, and don't break the bottle.
I'm puzzled why I bought this
by Max Freiert (2 out of 5 stars)
January 25, 2010
My wife and I bought two of these, and another one designed for wine bottles: Family Games Don't Break the Bottle The Press Puzzle
. While the wine bottle edition was alot of fun, and actually kind of cool as a decorative conversation piece in the kitchen, these two missed the mark.
Issues with this toy/puzzle
1) Setup difficulty - my wife and I struggled for about 30 minutes trying to figure out how get this thing set up correctly on a bottle much like the one displayed in the product photo. It's possible we're both just stupid, but I'm known for my speed/craftsmanship assembling ikea furniture.
2) Fit - we had some pretty standard size bottle we were attempting to mount these on, and had a really hard time getting the puzzle to fit. If you're looking to drop one of these on your dad's favorite bottle of tequila, think again.
3) Asthetics - granted we didn't buy these for beauty, but compared to the wine bottle version (mentioned above), this thing was ugly as sin.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- BePuzzled Box Hanayama Cast Metal Brain Teaser Puzzle (Level 2) Puzzles For Kids & Adults Ages 12 & Up
- Glass Bottle Puzzle, True Genius - Brain teasers, Adult Puzzle
- Bits and Pieces - Bewildering Wine Bottle Brainteaser - Wooden Wine Bottle Puzzle - Great Gift for The Wine Lover
- Accoutrements Crazy Cat Lady Bandages
- Bits and Pieces - Bottled Frustration Brainteaser Puzzle - Brain Game Puzzle for Adults
- Wine Condoms | Wine & Beverage Bottle Stopper | Air-Tight Grip | Prolong Beverage Freshness | FUNctional Novelty Gift | Food Grade 100% Rubber Latex | Tuxedo Black | Set of 6
- Bits and Pieces - Oval Trick Box - Wooden Puzzle Box - Wooden Brainteaser - Gift Box
- Adult Games for Many People of Unique Wooden Beer Puzzles Will Giving You Fun Party Game for Adults to Challenges Brain Teaser and This Can Be Funny Gifts Games Ever for Drinker Lovers
- Creative Crafthouse Wood Brain Teaser Puzzles Beer Bottle Puzzle
- Gifts Wine Bottle Puzzles Drinking Games for Adults Party Brain Teaser Hard Puzzle Board Games for Adults Box Lover Funny Fit Wine Game Gadgets 3D (Wine Bottle Puzzle)
*If this is not the "Wine Bottle Puzzle" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 2, 2020 09:19 PST.