GoSun Stove Portable Solar Oven Cooker
Product DescriptionFrom America’s Leading Solar Cooking Brand, Designed in Cincinnati Ohio, USA. Featured by Top Chef, Discovery Channel, Outside Magazine, Popular Science and more. The GoSun Sport’s award-winning patented design converts nearly 80% of all sunlight entering it’s reflectors into usable heat, retaining if for hot meals with friends even in the most challenging conditions The Sport package includes: a durable Borosilicate Evacuated Glass Tube cooking chamber, two foldable Parabolic Reflectors made of industry grade anodized aluminum (+95% reflectivity), a Cooking Tray made of 304 Culinary Grade stainless steel, User’s Manual, Cook Booklet, rugged Scrubby Cleaning Tool that attaches onto the tray’s end and a Two Year No-Questions-Asked Warranty when ordered on Amazon from GoSun Stove or Brookstone. GoSun Stove: Powering Lives with Solar Cooking.
- ☀️PORTABLE SOLAR STOVE - Deploys in seconds and collapses into a durable package; folding parabolic reflectors protect the cooking tube like a clamshell. Equipped with carrying handles and completely submersible, the Sport is designed for adventure.
- ☀️COOL TO TOUCH - No fire hazard here. The stove’s solar vacuum tube cooking chamber provides a near perfect layer of insulation, keeping the exterior surface cool even while hot inside.
- ☀️EASY AND DELICIOUS - Just load food into the tube cooking chamber and set the camber on the reflector to cook, no monitoring required. This solar oven retains your food’s flavor and nutrition cooking from 360° (like a slow cooker - but faster).
- ☀️FAST AND RELIABLE - Cooks a meal in as little as 20 minutes, reaching temperatures up to 550°F (290°C) in full sunlight. The GoSun Sport is effective at capturing ultraviolet light and holding its heat. If you can see a defined shadow, you can cook!
- ☀️INCLUDED - Tube cooking chamber, 2 foldable parabolic reflectors, a stainless-steel cooking tray, a rugged scrubby cleaning tool and an instruction manual. GoSun does not require frequent adjustment, making it a low-maintenance, fuel-free cooking device.
Top ReviewsDid not work as promised.
by Linda Wright (1 out of 5 stars)
October 17, 2018
I had to send this back for a refund. It must have been defective because the red rubber gasket at the end would not stay against to glass tube to trap in the heat, so the food could not cook. This was after having to tighten the bolts/nuts underneath to keep the adjustable reflectors from flopping over. I contacted the company by e-mail about the gasket problem, but only received a standard computer-generated reply that did not address the problem. So disappointing.
this thing is fun! I'm very happy with it
by Matthew Nelson (5 out of 5 stars)
September 6, 2015
Wow, this thing is fun! I'm very happy with it. The kids go nuts for anything that comes out of it. We've made, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, blueberry muffins, corn muffins (can hold 85% a box of Jiffy brand muffin mix), steak (in strips), hot dogs (fits 8-12), shredded baked potatoes, and tin-foil dinners without the foil (ground beef, potato, carrots, onions, seasonings), and probably a few other items I'm forgetting.
This thing + hot dogs at the beach = a great, easy lunch! The baked items listed above of course aren't muffin or cookie shaped, but log shaped. Still tastes the same.
A couple things to remember.
-Cooking times vary. I cooked some lunch in it, but the clouds came and it wasn't ready when we were ready to eat, so we closed the reflectors and let it simmer until dinner time! I opened the reflectors again under a 100% overcast sky, and the remaining heat, and whatever heat that made it through the clouds provided a HOT dinner, no problem.
-Don't forget about what you're cooking! I tried frying some bacon one morning under direct sun. I got distracted and went out to find out that I had INCINERATED that bacon. It was the WORST SMELL I've ever encountered. Even opening the door to the house for a second let enough of that smoke in the house that it smelled unbearably bad all day! Pay attention! Set timers! Set frequent timers so you can check on your food often.
It's good for fun, and a day at the beach, but this thing would sure come in handy during a natural disaster or other emergency.
I wish it were bigger. They're making a bigger solar oven/grill soon, but it's $$$$$. For a meal like tin foil dinners, it makes enough to feed two barely peckish adults. For a side dish type food I suppose you could feed a family, just that one item, but not a whole meal.
The best solar oven I've ever used!
by Mav (5 out of 5 stars)
August 13, 2016
This is an awesome piece of equipment to own for camping on no-burn days. My thermometer was pegged at 300 degrees while I cooked a meat & potato dinner during the winter, which took about 60-75 minutes on a nice clear day. It holds enough food for one person, or 1.5 in a pinch. Clean up is easy, I just line the cooking tray with aluminum foil, which I discard after use, then I rinse the tray with water after it cools.
The design of this oven is awesome! The clamshell mirrors make setup easy and foolproof. The materials and construction are top notch and make this something you will be proud to own and to show your friends.
Color me impressed!
by SteadyReadyGo (5 out of 5 stars)
July 10, 2017
I'll admit that I was skeptical about this but I after seeing the reviews and I was willing to risk my wallet for it and I have no regrets at all. I used it twice during a recent camping trip where I cooked bacon (picture attached) and it took about 30 minutes but it was worth the wait because they came evenly cooked and tasty! Later that evening I steamed some green beans and they came out okay, perhaps I should've waited longer. I just cooked some omelettes and it came out fluffy and dry enough to enjoy! This thing is great for camping, picnics, beach outings, tailgating so long as you got sun, which works best when you have full sun. The only downside is that it's tough to open up the legs/kickstand because it's tightly wound up but I suppose having a tool could help loosen it whenever you need to angle the thing.
If you are looking, you aren't cooking!!
by Douglas & Denise Overman (5 out of 5 stars)
August 16, 2017
I very skeptical and ready to return it if it did not meet my expectations. It is a very well engineered and thought out product. It cooks relatively quickly if you don't keep opening it up to look at your food. I am also a dutch oven cooker and it shares the some same techniques such as:
"If you are lookin, you are not cookin."
Love my GoSun Sport
by jungleman (5 out of 5 stars)
July 30, 2015
I love this stove! I don't say that about many things but I use the GoSun solar stove almost every day. I am happy when. The sun shines and I can roast some veggies, cook quinoa, or dry kale.
by E Preston (5 out of 5 stars)
September 18, 2015
I've used it at home and camping, and it is everything it claims to be. I've made steak and onions, pasta, chicken, pizza bites and hotdogs. It is portable and easy to clean. It gets hot!
Fun and tasty !!
by Dale Salley (4 out of 5 stars)
June 25, 2016
I have had my GoSun for two weeks and we are having so much fun with it ! We have cooked bread, meat, veggies and hot dogs.Also, a mix of cubed meat, potatoes and veggies. It takes at least twice as long as they said to cook anything (and in GA it has been HOT). But every thing is tasty and easy. Next try - scrambled eggs and a long skinny casserole !!
Works as advertised. We found that inserting a sheet ...
by Dana Caddis (5 out of 5 stars)
September 8, 2015
Works as advertised. We found that inserting a sheet of wax paper under the food makes it much easier to clean.
Useful solar grill
by Heather Hanson (5 out of 5 stars)
June 19, 2019
We used this every day while we were in the Caribbean boating. Great for roadting vegetables and cooking meat. It is a little hard to clean. Works much faster in the absence of cloud cover.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Best Glide ASE Credit Card Size Fresnel Lens Fire Starter and Magnifier Lenses 3 Packs of Green
- GOSUN Sport ProPack, Portable Solar Cooker Package, Solar Oven Great for Camping and Cooks Food in as Little as 20 Minutes
- 16,500 Non GMO Heirloom Vegetable Seeds Survival Garden 40 Variety Pack
- Coleman Camp Oven
- Sungzu Portable Power Station 1000W, 1010Wh Portable Solar Generator Lithium Battery Backup Power Inverter with 2 110V AC Outlet, 2 DC, 4 USB for Home and Outdoor Camping Emergency
- Cooking with Sunshine: The Complete Guide to Solar Cuisine with 150 Easy Sun-Cooked Recipes
- 22,000 Non GMO Heirloom Vegetable Seeds, Survival Garden, Emergency Seed Vault, 34 VAR, Bug Out Bag - Beet, Broccoli, Carrot, Corn, Basil, Pumpkin, Radish, Tomato, More
- GoSun Sport Carrying Case: Solar Kitchen on the Go
- GOSUN Solar Oven Camp Stove
*If this is not the "GoSun Stove Portable Solar Oven Cooker" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 15, 2022 16:39 +08.