Product DescriptionProfessional-quality soft serve ice cream, yogurt, sorbet and sherbet is now available right at home, with the Cuisinart Mix It in Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker. Not only does it make everyone's favorites, but with three built-in condiment dispensers, it makes them extra delicious! Just a pull of a tab send sprinkles, chips and other mix-ins down the chute to mix right into frozen desserts as cones or bowls are filled. Operation is fully automatic; simply pour in the ingredients and turn the dial!
- Easy-lock Lid with Window – Lid is designed to remove and lock easily. An ingredient window allows you to pour ingredients directly through the top and watch the freezing process, Base – Contains heavy-duty motor strong enough to make and dispense ice cream. BPA Free
- Mixing Arm (not shown) – Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create smooth soft ice cream, Dispensing Bracket with Handle – Dispenses the soft ice cream when handle is pulled down. Removable for easy cleaning, Rubber Feet – Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use
- 1 1⁄2-Quart Freezer Bowl (not shown) – Contains cooling liquid within a double-insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature, Condiment Chute – Mix-ins are dispensed from the chute into your ice cream cone or bowl while you dispense ice cream. Removable for easy cleaning
- Three Condiment Containers – Dispense the mix-ins of your choice. The front condiment container with a curved edge dispenses small mix-ins such as sprinkles. Two rectangular condiment containers dispense larger mix-ins such as mini M&M s or mini chocolate morsels, Condiment Dispensing Levers –Pull out one of three levers to add the mix-ins of your choice into your soft ice cream
- ON/OFF Power Dial, Cone Holder – Conveniently holds a stack of extra ice cream cones. Can hold both flat and pointed-bottom cones, Removable Drip Tray – Can be removed for easy cleaning. Dot in center of tray indicates where to place the ice cream cone. Mix-in Gauge – Check the size of mix-ins by dropping them through. Mix-ins that do not fit through will clog the ice cream maker.120 Volts
- Refer page 6 of user manual below for troubleshooting steps.
- Fully automatic soft-serve ice-cream maker with double-insulated freezer bowl
- 3 built-in condiment dispensers; cone holder; removable parts for easy cleaning; instructions and recipes included
- Produces 1-1/2 quarts of ice-cream in just 20 minutes; no chemicals, salt, or ice required
- Handle makes ice cream swirl out like with an authentic soft-serve machine
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Top ReviewsLOVE IT!
by AdorkableMrsP (5 out of 5 stars)
August 6, 2018
I followed the recipe for vanilla soft serve exactly as is and it came out GREAT! I left the bowl in the freezer for 2 days and the mixture in the fridge overnight, and let it mix in the machine for about 35 minutes before serving. It was VERY thick, just perfect.
Fast, Convenient, and Fun!
by Buzzfuster (4 out of 5 stars)
June 28, 2017
I have had a variety of ice cream makers over the years, but only made limited use of them because of the hassle of having to cook a custard made with eggs, milk, sugar, and cream; and having to wait for the custard to chill; and then having to deal with the rock salt and melting ice while the ice cream churned. This ice cream maker dramatically changes all if that. This turns ice cream making into a quick, fun family activity with a lot less cleanup.
- No cooking a custard, significantly less prep time. Ice cream is ready in less than 25 minutes from start to finish (churn time is 10-12 minutes)
- Handy unit includes the churning bowl, dispenser all in one unit
- it also has a 3 compartment dispenser for chocolate chips, sprinkles, or other toppings
- very little mess to clean up compared to traditional ice cream churns
- the freezer bucket is a pro and a con. It's a pro because you just take it out of your freezer, pour in your ingredients, and turn it on. No messy ice or rock salt. It's also small compared to a traditional ice cream maker. These features are also one because you have to keep the bucket in your freezer so it's ready, so it does take up freezer space. Because of its small size, it realistically only makes less than a quart of ice cream. Then again, it's easy to just wash the freezer bowl, referees, and make more ice cream (or sorbet) the next day.
- The freezer bowl isn't cole enough to really let the ice cream set up quite to the consistency of soft serve ice cream you would buy, and this makes it easy to over churn the ice cream and make it buttery textured. The directions say to check the ice cream at 10-12 minutes. My experience is that 12 minutes is too much and the ice cream turns to a buttery consistency and mouth feel, but is properly set up to dispense into a cone. Likewise, 10 minutes is too short for the ice cream to set up and it's still too soft, but has the right consistency. I have been transferring the ice cream out of the freezer bowl at about 11 minutes and then putting it into the freezer so it sets up like regular ice cream. I'm going to try reducing the amount of cream by 1/3 cup and adding 1/3 cup more whole milk instead.
- The dispenser for the sprinkles has a small opening, so you need to use mini chocolate chips or mini M&Ms instead of regular ones.
- There is a little mess when you remove the freezer bowl from the unit. It has an opening in the bottom for the ice cream to go into the dispenser, so when you lift the bowl out of the unit, some of the ice cream will drop into the upper part of the unit and into your counter, though it's reasonably easy to clean up.
- the price has increased significantly since last summer. It's nearly double the cost now
Don't waste your time!
by Robert R. (1 out of 5 stars)
August 1, 2018
Having used the Cuisinart regular ice cream machine for years, I was excited to try the Mix It In Soft Serve. I began to question my decision when I had to wash all the components before using. Wow, there are a lot of little pieces. I prepared my ice cream mixture and began the process of churning. I had two little ones anxiously awaiting to try their first ever soft serve ice cream. I started to dispense the ice cream and it "blopped" out in 1 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch. It did not flow from the machine smoothly, and took forever to fill a regular size ice cream cone. We had sprinkles and mini chocolate chips for mixing in. They clogged immediately and had to add them afterwards. After that disaster, I had to take the entire thing apart again, and hand wash all those pieces again!
If you tried to make a bowl of ice cream like shown in the picture...the product that came out first will be LONG melted before you get a serving size that large!
Make your own Disney Dole whips at home.
by Bob (5 out of 5 stars)
October 25, 2017
I bought the Cuisinart ICE-45 Mix It In Soft Serve machine for the sole purpose of making my own Disney Dole Whips at home. After some research, I found that the Dole Pineapple Soft Serve mix is the exact stuff that Disney uses in the parks. The only problem is that the bag is intended to be mixed all at once and not in small portions. I used 2 1/3 cups of water and 1 1/3 cup of mix to make a quart of Dole Whip which just fits into this machine. Chill mix for 30 minutes before pouring into the soft serve machine. For optimal freezing, I keep the freezer bowl in my deep freeze and leave it there until I'm ready to make some ice cream. Regular freezer/refrigerators don't get as cold as the deep freezes. After 20-25 minutes in the Cuisinart - I have the perfect texture for soft serve ice cream. I made the mistake of turning it off once and the ice cream got so hard that the machine would not restart. I also have tried the Frostline Chocolate and Vanilla soft serve and was very impressed with those mixes (1 cup mix, 1 3/4 cup water). I should try my own home recipe one of these days but the mixes are cheap and very easy. I don't care to use the "mix it in" feature of this machine. It works, but its easier to just sprinkle toppings by hand and some toppings get too hard to eat.
This machine is awesome! My girlfriend and I are both 68
by Steve (5 out of 5 stars)
March 7, 2017
This machine is awesome! My girlfriend and I are both 68...no kids, or grandkids, anywhere to be found, but we make ice cream usually twice a week! It works perfectly everytime! Way better than any store bought ice cream. Easy to clean and maintain...would recommend to anyone that likes ice cream!
Great concept, but machine needs to be revamped.
by Amazon Customer (1 out of 5 stars)
July 3, 2018
I was not happy with this at all. Great concept, but I had sprinkles all over the counter and floor. Only about half the sprinkles ended up on the ice cream cone. It leaked. Clean up was a nightmare to have to do each time for the small amount of ice cream you got per use. I basically just like sprinkles in my ice cream, but only one of the containers can hold sprinkles. I attempted to put different colored sprinkles, sugar crystals and silver bullets in the other containers, however, they both have larger dispensers, so all the sprinkles in those two containers came out almost immediately when I started dispensing the ice cream. Two of the containers are meant for larger additives only like maybe chocolate chips. After 2 uses over a matter of 4 days I knew I couldn't keep this. Even trying to get it ready for return, I was still finding blue ice cream from when I used it the first time that I obviously didn't catch. There's so many nooks and crannies where ice cream can end up, I can't imagine making ice cream in it more than 2 times.
Totally worth the money
by Sandy Narrington (5 out of 5 stars)
November 11, 2017
Great product! 1st batch was a total success and simple vanilla tasted excellent. I read the reviews and followed others advice. I froze the bowl for over 48 hours and it took about 25 minutes to get a perfect cone. Next time I will freeze my mix for 20 minutes to see if it will speed up the process some. I look forward to trying the other recipes.
The chocolate was also awesome! Freeze the leftovers in your own container and enjoy! They are almost like a gelato, I love the texture! It's between a hard ice cream and soft serve.
Freeze or chill your ingredients to reduce your wait time
Don't Bother. You can't email
by rcw (1 out of 5 stars)
September 10, 2018
Had the factory had a direct email on their Amazon page I'd just have emailed them. Since I didn't want to talk to someone on the phone and they didn't want me to emai them I'll juat post a review.
Save your money. Buy a traditional ice cream maker. Make it a manual crank if your family is large and everyone wants to participate or go all electric motor. But this freeze a bowl and hope your recipe will firm up in time is expensive for as often as it fails. Too much expensive trial and error. If you really make ice cream and other frozen deserts, you'll save money in the long run on a model with a compressor. Spend the extra money up front and save yourself the grief and embarrassment of a group participation desert gone sideways.
Don't let it stir to long
by CP-1021 (5 out of 5 stars)
January 5, 2019
I bought this once before years ago and during our move it was missed placed. This year I decided to give us a family Christmas gift. We had so much fun waiting and making ice cream. It taste delicious and lots of fun.
I think 15 minutes was perfect a perfect time to stir the ice cream, any longer it will get to thick to come out.
Probably won't use it much.
by R. Smook (3 out of 5 stars)
September 20, 2017
I read all the reviews before I bought this. My first batch did not work because I tried to make too much at once. The second batch worked perfectly! The only thing I can criticize is the three topping dispensers. They are so easily knocked off when re boxing the machine, and I found them quite useless anyway. Mini chocolate chips dispensed so few at a time it was far easier to just put them on from the bag.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Joy Cone 24-Count ICE CREAM CUPS 3.5oz (2 Pack)
- Dole Soft Serve Lemon Mix, 4.40 lbs
- Triple Scoop Ice Cream Mix, Premium Vanilla, starter for use with home ice cream maker, non-gmo, no artificial colors or flavors, ready in under 30 mins, makes 2 qts (1 15oz box)
- Dole Orange Lactose-Free Soft Serve Mix 4.4 Pound Bulk Bag with By The Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- Dole Soft Serve Mix, Pineapple, 4.40 Pound
- Brodys Soft Serve Mix, Chocolate, 3 lb Bag
- Junket Ice Cream Mix Bundle - 2 Vanilla, 2 Chocolate, 2 Strawberry (6 Total)
- Frostline Lactose Free Soft Serve Ice Cream Mix Variety, Chocolate and Vanilla 6 Pound Bags with By The Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- Cuisinart ICE-45RFB 1-1/2-Quart Ice Cream Maker Freezer Bowl - For use with the Cuisinart ICE-45 Mix It In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
- By The Cup Sprinkles and Soft Serve Bundle - Pineapple Dole Whip, 4.40 Pound Bag - with 4 Ounce bag Rainbow Sprinkles
- Cuisinart ICE-45PK Mix It In 1.5 Quart Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker (Pink)
*If this is not the "DIY Ice Cream Maker" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on May 26, 2020 22:15 PST.