Healthy Ice Cream Maker
Product DescriptionYonanas turns frozen fruit and other flavorings into a delicious, healthy soft-serve treat. The unit combines frozen bananas and any additional fruit or chocolate and instantly churns the ingredients to produce a treat with the texture of frozen yogurt or soft-serve ice cream, but without the additional fat, sugar, or preservatives. The chute easily accepts berries, sliced mango, or cantaloupe along with frozen banana, and the integrated spinning blade mashes and incorporates the fruit into a silky-smooth confection with the texture of soft-serve ice cream or yogurt. The chute, plunger, and blade are dishwasher safe.This is only designed for US market. Yonanas model 902 includes instructions and a list of recipes. Plugs into AC. 14"H x 7.5"W x 6"D. Designed for use in United States and Canada only. Warranty does not apply elsewhere. Never immerse base in water or any other liquid
- Fruit soft serve machine: Easily create yummy vegan tasting treats by adding any combination of chocolate, or fruits like over-ripe bananas, berries, or mango to the chute for a smooth "ice-cream" like taste.
- Healthy goodness: With Yonanas, you can instantly churn 100 percent frozen fruits to create a healthy vegan dessert without additional fat, sugar or preservatives compared to other "ice cream" or "yogurt" like treats.
- Easy and fun to use: Transform 100 percent frozen fruit into dessert in just seconds by simply inserting frozen banana (or any fruit of your choice) into the chute and pushing down using the plunger. It's that easy and fun to make!
- Easy to clean: Create delicious desserts without the hassle of cleanup; as the chute, plunger, and blade are top rack dishwasher safe.
- 120 Volt. Designed for use in United States and Canada only, does not apply elsewhere.
Top ReviewsBought new product received used item (previously returned I guess)
by Amazon Customer (1 out of 5 stars)
July 5, 2018
When I received the item and I opened up the box, everything in there looked like dirty, with finger smudges and when I took everything out of the box I could tell the product was used and returned and then re-sold to me as new... there were food particles in the blades and fungus growing in the silicon seal... pretty disgusting
In Love With Yonanas
by Angela (5 out of 5 stars)
July 17, 2012
I am in love with this item. If you've ever made banana whip or "mock ice cream" in a blender, you will probably love this too. A few key negative review points are as follows, and I'll address these with my experience:
1. Yonanas didn't taste like vanilla/soft serve ice cream. ~Well, it is not made of unicorns and rainbows, so logic says that if you put a banana in, and no other ingredients, what comes out will most likely taste like a banana. Maybe some day they will make a magic Yonanas machine and the universe will rejoice.
2. It is loud. ~Yup, it is. But so is a blender, food processor, stick blender, etc. The fact is, I did not go deaf or bleed from my ears in the 2 minutes it took me to make a container full of blueberry-banana Yonanas.
3. It doesn't rinse right off. ~Yeah, it does. I undid my machine right after finishing the whip and rinsed it in the sink. All of the fruit came right off. I did have to apply a little soap to a sponge and move my hand back and forth on the machine for a second or two to get all the strawberry seeds out of the teeth, but this was hardly traumatizing. The only thing I can think of with folks not having successful clean-up is that it is not rinsed right away.
4. It leaves a half serving in the machine. ~Yup, it does. I took my Yonanas apart to rinse it, and just used a spoon to scrape the little bit left in the machine into my bowl. This was also not traumatizing.
5. I had to call in reinforcements (probably bodybuilders) to help me push the bananas in and take the machine apart. ~Really? I'm a regular lady with little spider-monkey arms, and I did not have to call in big, strong people to help me push the bananas in or take the machine apart.
6. It takes a ton of bananas to make a serving. ~No, not really. My Yonanas came with a plastic tub to keep in the freezer. Just today, all by myself, with no bodybuilder friends, no bleeding from the ears, and no dishpan hands, I filled the tub using only 4 whole bananas and 2 cups of frozen blueberries. This seems reasonable to me.
I like bananas, I like banana whips, I like fruit, and I like Yonanas.
Great but leaves a lot of waste
by BostonChick (4 out of 5 stars)
December 25, 2017
The machine makes delicious dessert but it leaves SO MUCH WASTE inside! It's at least 2 scoops of ice-cream that I get out of it when I take it apart for cleaning. If not this problem, would be a perfect machine. Two more things that I especially like about it is that it's easy to clean and it's very light weight, easy to move around from counter to counter.
A Truly Guilt Free Ice Cream Maker
by D. Smith (5 out of 5 stars)
January 21, 2016
This is a pretty amazing machine. I cannot explain how skeptical I was of the Yonana. I also can't explain just how wrong I was. The machine works better than I could have ever imagined. I actually find the end product to be more like ice cream than some of the low-fat ice creams you buy in the store. It is delicious. The fact that you can have desert without any added sugar and fat is just total bonus.
I would like to clear up a few misconceptions I came across in other reviews.
1) It is loud - Yes. It is loud. But you can literally make an entire bowl of "ice cream" in about 15 seconds. Who cares if it is loud for 15 seconds?
2) The machine wastes fruit - This is just ridiculous. The machine does not waste any fruit. The machine does always have about a bananas worth of ice cream on the inside grind, but believe me, the fruit did not vanish into thin air. You can easily recoup 100% of your fruit by opening up the grinding unit and scooping it out.
3) It is not powerful enough - I am sure the elite is pretty awesome, but for $41 it does the job just fine. The end product could not be smoother. You can buy 2 of these machines instead of 1 elite.
If you like to eat healthy or if you are on a diet, this machine is for you. It is just a brilliant idea. I cannot recommend it enough.
** Btw, my favorite recipe is PB&J - add frozen bananas, raspberries, and peanut butter. Yum.
by gmc (5 out of 5 stars)
July 14, 2016
This is awesome! I just made banana cherry ice cream! Yum! My 12 year old said it tastes just like regular ice cream and it does. We added a few white chocolate chips on top. I've found that microwaving the frozen fruit for 30 sec or so works too if you don't want to wait 7 min. Clean up is easy. What a great invention! Consistency is just like ice cream!
by Jackie (5 out of 5 stars)
May 7, 2018
This deserves 50 stars! Oh my gosh why did it take me so long to find this amazing gadget! Ice cream lovers, fruit lovers, sorbet lovers - THIS IS THE BEST INVENTION! So easy, quick, delicious and magical!!
Don't use super hard frozen fruit, but it works ok
by Jo E. Meyertons (3 out of 5 stars)
December 23, 2017
I have learned that you can use unfrozen bananas and softened frozen bananas, but don't try hard frozen bananas. Same goes for most fruit. The product does produce a tasty, creamy concoction that will please your taste buds. It's best to make a batch since it is enough of a bother to clean after just one bowl that you might be discouraged. I am not clear why they made this so that it only works with a smaller bowl, for that reason - you can stack it on something like cookbooks, but that's a design flaw. I made banana, mango and blueberry - yum!
Horribly rude customer service
by Kathy Weaver (1 out of 5 stars)
June 26, 2017
I bought my Yonanas machine on March 21, 2017. I've used it nearly everyday since and I have hand-washed it each time. My husband was doing the dishes last week and put it in the dishwasher. Yonanas advertises product as being dishwasher safe--that was not true for me. The chute assembly warped and shrank in the dishwasher. I contacted Yonanas customer service, was treated incredibly rudely and basically called a liar because "they had no documented cases of the chute assembly ever melting." I told them they did now! I also tried to again tell them that it didn't melt, it warped and shrank. Customer service was very demeaning and said they "would replace it one time and one time only" even though IT IS UNDER WARRANTY. Horribly rude customer service. Buy a machine from anyone else.
A HUGE disappointment all around!
by Susan (1 out of 5 stars)
September 9, 2018
I saw this advertised in a health magazine and thought the results looked amazing. "Just like ice cream!" it advertised. No, not at all. I didn't realize that it relied so heavily on bananas, either. Almost every recipe requires that you use bananas. I believe that is what is supposed to give the overall 'cream' feeling to the fruity mix. It doesn't. It's mushed, gooey bananas. The other problem with this product is that it doesn't grate the fruit well- you get big chunks of fruit, not like an ice cream at all. It's rather a sloppy mess that comes out of the bottom which you mix together. The photos show ice cream looking 'scoops'. This stuff would never sit in a 'scoop'- it's liquified because you must let it thaw a bit before putting it in the Yonana machine. The blades will refuse to cut the fruit otherwise. Another problem: Half of the fruit is wasted in the blades. It never comes out of the machine. So, if you are using organic produce (which I was), all that expensive goodness is wasted! I would say to just open the thing up and scrape the fruit off the blades except that is really, really hard to do! I couldn't unscrew the darned thing and had to wait for my husband to get home so he could do it. It wasn't very easy for him either. All in all, I was not impressed. Back this goes. I'm just disappointed that a health magazine recommended it. There's got to be a better frozen fruit processor than this. My good ol' fashioned yogurt smoothies with frozen fruit in my BLENDER are wonderful in comparison to this mess!
People of the Amazon: I hereby proclaim this the greatest thing ever created.
by Tosh (5 out of 5 stars)
August 6, 2017
10 out of 5 Stars - Status: Legendary!
It is a true marvel of science, magically producing perfect frozen yogurt from fruit, yes that's right, magic.
It blew my mind how similar it is to real ice cream. If you had placed a bowl in front of me, I dare say I would not recognize its true composition of pure fruit. Magic frozen yogurt which I am now guiltlessly consuming as I transcribe this very review.
I can say with confidence, this magic frozen yogurt leaves you feeling healthy, full, and like you've just had a bowl of ice cream.. for breakfast.
Which I will admit without shame is my dream breakfast, but a breakfast I have held out on for the sheer sake of dignity, until now my friends.
Furthermore, I nominate the creators of this glorious feat of engineering for the Edison Award, or an award of comparable recognition in the categories of invention and nutrition.
Bravo! Yonanas inventors, Bravo! You..are..Legends.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Yonanas 902 Classic Original Healthy Dessert Fruit Soft Serve Maker Creates Fast Easy Delicious Dairy Free Vegan Alternatives to Ice Cream Frozen, Silver (Fоur Расk)
- Yonanas 902 Classic Original Healthy Dessert Fruit Soft Serve Maker Creates Fast Easy Delicious Dairy Free Vegan Alternatives to Ice Cream Frozen, Silver (Thrее Расk)
- Yonanas 902 Classic Original Healthy Dessert Fruit Soft Serve Maker Creates Fast Easy Delicious Dairy Free Vegan Alternatives to Ice Cream Frozen, Silver (Fivе Расk)
- Yonanas 902 Classic Original Healthy Dessert Fruit Soft Serve Maker Creates Fast Easy Delicious Dairy Free Vegan Alternatives to Ice Cream Frozen, Silver (Twо Расk)
*If this is not the "Healthy Ice Cream Maker" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 20, 2020 04:55 PST.