Fruit Freshness Extender
Product DescriptionKeep your fruits from spoiling by prolonging their life with the fruit freshness extender. The set of two small blue apples come with a packet that absorbs the ethylene gas - which is what causes produce like fruits and veggies to over ripen and even
- Extends the life of produce. Up to 2-3 times longer! Perfect for the holidays.
- Great gift for a stocking stuffer.
- Reusable. Just refill the Bluapple with an new packet every 3 months. Refills Kits available.
- Easy to use. Just toss in the crisper drawer.
- Certified organic, made in the U.S.A.
Top ReviewsWARNING FOR THOSE WITH ARTHRITIS
by Donna OBrien (3 out of 5 stars)
July 17, 2016
I've been using Blue Apples for several years in my crispers and they do work! However, this is a note of caution for anyone with arthritis in their hands. On occasions where my husband wasn't around I had to resort to pliers to open the plastic apples as they are impossible to open if you have pain or loss of strength in your hands.
I solved the problem by putting the crystals in two "fine" mesh "tea infuser" purchased at a local big box store store and I threw those blasted blue plastic apples in the trash! So save your money, buy the refills and go find some metal tea infusers.
As stated above I love the concept but hate the delivery which is why this product gets a 3 star rating.
Great plant food
by AliceL (5 out of 5 stars)
May 16, 2018
Not only do these things work great to keep produce fresh longer, I wanted to review how it works as plant food. I swear my ivy plant looks like those stupid Miracle Grow commercials, the leaves are double in size. I love that there's zero waste with these, but I can't believe the effect it had on my plant. I posted a before and after so you can see just how much bigger the leaves are-- not all of the growth is attributable to the food.
I use these with mesh produce bags in my crisper
by PT Cruiser (5 out of 5 stars)
July 9, 2019
Everyone knows by now how well these things work for keeping fruits and veggies fresh, right? But one problem I always had was the plastic bags you put your produce in at the store. Unless you take it all out of the bags when you put it in your refrigerator crisper drawers, the ethylene gases will have a hard time getting around the plastic to be absorbed by the bluapple. But I recently discovered a solution. I tried storing the produce in these SPLF 12 Pcs Heavy Duty Reusable Mesh Produce Bags that are sold here on Amazon. The mesh fabric lets the product breathe and the gases escape and be absorbed by the bluapple. And the mesh bags are the ones I take to the grocery store when buying produce instead of using all that plastic. Good for the environment and my produce lasts a lot longer when I store them right in the bag with a bluapple in the crisper drawer. Win win!
These are the real deal!
by glen beals (5 out of 5 stars)
April 5, 2014
I did a science experiment for my daughters class project. We pitted blu-apple against veggie bags and vegetable containers. The blu-apple out performed both other preservers. I have since bought another year supply of refills.
Accidentall purchase turned out to be AMAZING.
by The Waites (5 out of 5 stars)
May 25, 2019
In my drunken stupor, I purchased these thinking were ben wa balls. Boy was I wrong. But I'm so happy with my purchase because these keep my produce fresher for much longer than normal. Nothing is worse than buying red bell peppers at the store and having them start wilting after 4 days. These should be in everyone's fridges!
This does work!
by Mariposa (5 out of 5 stars)
July 13, 2015
I love awesome little items like the bluapple that serve a useful purpose and make life a little easier. I put a bluapple in each of my bottom fridge drawers where I keep my fruits and veggies and I have definitely noticed a difference. My fruits and veggies remain fresh and last longer before going bad. This saves me money and although I compost any fruits or veggies that go bad, I prefer not to have perfectly good fruit go bad before we had a chance to eat it.
I am going to buy more to place throughout fridge since we are buying and eating more fruits and veggies this summer. I also appreciate how the contents inside can be "fed" to a houseplant as fertilizer every three months when adding a fresh refill.
Came with a year supply. Paid $17.29 in January 2015
These really do work!
by Peg C. (5 out of 5 stars)
April 22, 2017
Great product! These Bluapples really help to keep fruits and vegetables fresh longer in the drawer of the 'fridge. I saw them in the store, and bought them after Mary Hunt, author of Debt Proof Living, endorsed them. I bought one package of the Bluapples, plus several refills which I use once a year. Delivery was prompt. I recommend them.
great little item and priced right
by Sandy Godzik (5 out of 5 stars)
April 22, 2016
It works but I must put produce in zip lock with my blue apple. I've had 3 tomatoes in the bag a week now and they are as fresh as the day I bought them. Great for avacados also. Did not work if I just threw it in the lettuce bin of the refrig, or for bananas already yellow. But read the directions carefully and they tell you all that anyway. Will be buying refills and hope to use it forever.I gave one to a family member since two come in package, and they like it as well.
Yup- it works!
by Carrie Michelle (5 out of 5 stars)
April 22, 2015
I do a lot of juicing and hated that I couldn't keep my produce fresh longer - extra trips to the grocery store were making me not want to juice as much.... Once I started using these in my fridge drawer though, I was able to buy my whole weeks worth at the farmers market and it was good all week. (if not longer) I put some things in the drawer loose (apples, pears, etc) and then lettuce, leafy things I do leave in a bag with like a paper towel in with it - and then I just leave the bag slightly open a bit...and everything stays fresh and crisp - I have also found if I put half an avocado wrapped in saran wrap in the drawer with it- it doesn't start to brown nearly as fast -love these things!
these things work great! my produce lasts much longer than normal
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
March 16, 2017
Surprisingly, these things work great! my produce lasts much longer than normal. And even when it eventually goes bad, it doesnt rot as much as it just hardens and goes bad. But things dont rot as fast at all. It is great!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender Liner for Fridge Refrigerator Shelves, 15 x 24 Inches (2 Pack) - Extends The Life of Your Produce & Prevents Spoilage
- Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender Liner for Fridge Refrigerator Drawers, 12 x 15 Inches, 4 Pack Includes 2 Yellow 2 Green - Extends The Life of Your Produce Stays Fresh & Prevents Spoilage
- Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender Liner for Fridge Refrigerator Drawers, 12 x 15 Inches (6 Pack) - Extends The Life of Your Produce & Prevents Spoilage
- Bluapple Blue Produce Freshness Balls Fresh Extender + One-Year Refill Kit 15 Months Pack Absorb Ethylene Gas
- Bluapple One-Year Refill Kit 8 packets for two Bluapples for one year keeps produce fresh longer extends the life of produce! Organic, saves money
- Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender Liner for Fridge Refrigerator Drawers, 12x15 Inches (4 Pack) - Extends the Life of Your Produce & Prevents Spoilage
- Bluapple One Year Refill Kit with Activated Carbon Keeps Produce Fresher Longer AND Absorbs Odors For Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Save Money Reduce Waste!
- Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender Liner for Fridge Refrigerator Drawers, 13 x 10.5 Inches (4 Pack) - Extends The Life of Your Produce & Prevents Spoilage
- Debbie Meyer GreenBags - Reusable BPA Free Food Storage Bags, Keep Fruits and Vegetables Fresher Longer in these GreenBags! 20pc Set (8M, 8L, 4XL)
- BluApple FreshMat Refrigerator Fruit and Vegetable Shelf Liner to Keep Produce Fresh Longer with 3 Colors to Choose from (Blue)
*If this is not the "Fruit Freshness Extender" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Aug 11, 2020 09:17 PST.