Product DescriptionMove over plastic wrap, the CoverBlubber is here! It's the super stretchy food cover for use inside the refrigerator or freezer. CoverBlubber is made of food safe Sticky Rubber, a safer alternative to plastic wrap, that you can place directly on food or containers of various shapes and sizes. The CoverBlubber is the perfect food storage solution--it stretches and clings and form fits to fresh cut food and just about any container. Note that the CoverBlubber must be utilized in the refrigerator or freezer only and should not be left on the countertop, tabletop, or pantry. Warmer temperatures combined with stretching the CoverBlubber can lead to holes or tears in the CoverBlubber. Leave in the fridge or freezer when it is in use. Hand wash only. Do not microwave. Small/Fuchsia (fits up to 3 inches/8 cm) Medium/Green (fits up to 5 inches/12.7 cm)Large/Blue (fits up to 7 inches/17.8 cm)X-Large/Purple (fits up to 10 inches/25.4 cm)Mixed 4 Pack (1 of each size)CoverBlubber, so cool to use you'll want leftovers!.
- Intended for use as a food and container cover for in refrigerator or freezer
- Reusable food saver, alternative to plastic wrap
- Stretches, clings and form Fits to fresh cut food, dishes and containers
- Hand wash only, not microwave safe, EU/FDA food safe sticky rubber, BPA/phthalates free
- Includes one of each size CoverBlubber - small, medium, large and extra large
- Do not leave the CoverBlubber out on the counter or tabletop while in use. Stretched Cover Blubbers need to be at cool temperatures while stretched to prevent rips and tears. Store at room temperature while not in use.
Top ReviewsWonderful invention...if it actually worked....
by areincee (1 out of 5 stars)
December 15, 2015
I was originally very excited to get my CoverBlubbers!! The day they came, there was nothing to use them on, so it was a couple of days before I tried them. I tried the purple one first, on an 8 in casserole dish that I have. It covered perfectly. I put it in the fridge. The next morning, I went to pack some leftovers for lunch only to find that the purple cover had split on one side...ruined. I re-read the package to make sure I didn't put it on something bigger than it suggested...but no. The purple one says up to 12 inches. I was a little upset but I gave them another shot. This time, I used the blue one on a very small bowl and the yellow one on a regular sized drinking cup. The next day, the blue one was split, just like the purple one had. The yellow one was still intact. I tried to return the products via Amazon, but I had purchased them too long ago to return them to Amazon. I wrote the company an email, along with pictures of the ripped purple and blue covers. That was a week ago and I've heard nothing. These are not all they are cracked up to be. Please read the other reviews before buying. I wish I had. I would have never purchased them in the first place.
Totally failed to do what it was bought for
by J. Trevizo (1 out of 5 stars)
April 3, 2016
Bought the 4 pack as a gift for my grandmother as we have a specific glass bowl we used for family dinners that we put salad or crab meat in and always have issues with plastic wrap adhering to the glass bowl. I heard about these and thought it was a perfect solution. Tried today to use the largest purple cover on the bowl - it was more than big enough (there was nearly an inch of cover on all sides of the bowl, but we turned around and it had just peeled away from one side, leaving the bowl half exposed. Tried a second and third time with even less success. They had been washed once an never used. Total fail for what they were bought for. Luckily Amazon gave a full refund. Beware, these may not work as advertised...
by pago (3 out of 5 stars)
July 11, 2016
I like the concept but it needs work. It's suppose to work on fruits/vegetables etc and possible as a lid cover. But, it's difficult to put on if it's wet. Well half slices of fruit are usually wet so it slips if you have to stretch it a bit. Definitely if the food is an awkward shape. Better if it's a standard round shape. Even though it's made to stretch you can't use it too much on items that are much bigger than it's original shape. I like that it's silicone and reduces the use of plastic wrap which usually doesn't cling no matter what brand so it's reusable and environmentally safe.
Pros and Cons
by Cheri Hanes (4 out of 5 stars)
February 21, 2015
I like these a lot, and as I'm trying to lighten my environmental impact - which includes using fewer disposable items - these fit right into my plans. But they do have both pros and cons:
1. environmentally friendly
2. They are easy to clean - just wash with a little soap and warm water and rinse.
3. Don't pick up odor. I have used them for onions and they have not picked up an odor at all.
4. Useful for a wide range of sizes of fruits / vegetables / bowls / etc.
5. Well, they're kind of cute!
1. A little challenging to stretch on. This is definitely a two handed operation. Nothing extreme, but worth noting.
2. If they - or the outside of a bowl you are trying to cover - has even a little moisture, they will NOT work. They need a dry surface to stick to. Just so you know.
All in all, I'm glad I purchased them, and would recommend them to a friend - with the caveats above.
by LuRoggio (2 out of 5 stars)
February 16, 2016
I would not recommend these. The look nice and feel awesome but they will not stick to anything that is remotely humid or just cold from the fridge. It is very hard to get it to stay on plastic, it is more likely you can get it on glass but just for a while, it will not stay. The range of sizes is not as wide as necessary, if you stretch them too much they will break.
Very nice gadgets,
by S. Schultz (5 out of 5 stars)
September 30, 2017
So far I love these little guys! I have used them for various fruits and vegetables. I tried one several days ago on a halved apple just to see how it worked. It is still there and very good after several days. Only a tiny little bit of brown tint on the cut part of the apple. I jjust leave them in my veggie drawer, so they are there when I need them. Highly recommend for small items up to half a lettuce head.
by NW Reader (1 out of 5 stars)
January 2, 2019
I was excited to get this and actually thought the idea of the flubber-like thing to be abit funny! Used it on an onion. Kept the smell out of the fridge, but a week later the inside had black spots on it. I couldn't wash them off or clorox them away (looked like mold). The onion didn't have mold but I suspect in another day it would have. Don't know where this came from; used once prior and wasn't moldy.
These are awesome. I got a couple of the blue ones ...
by rundershute (5 out of 5 stars)
June 17, 2016
These are awesome. I got a couple of the blue ones as Christmas gifts and decided to expand my collection. I have used them to keep the ends on cheese blocks fresh and they're amazing. I just used the smallest one to put on the end of a lemon and it holds well. The only drawback is that after the blubber gets moist, it starts to slip so for some applications, you can only use them once before you have to clean and dry it again. Still work it!
Won't cover 1/2 a watermelon!
by K. Hull (3 out of 5 stars)
June 28, 2016
I mainly bought these for the large on to cover a half of a watermelon. My husband and I just spent time we will never get back trying to wrestle this purple one on half of a watermelon! Covered it with saran wrap. Much easier. The smaller ones that I have used will cover 1/2 apple or lemon, etc and I guess work great for that even tho I haven't had them covered for long. It's more convenient that wasting a baggie.
So I wish I could give it 4 starts for covering small stuff for a short time and no stars for covering a watermelon which was what I bought it for.
by William J. Ingram (2 out of 5 stars)
November 28, 2015
These things are terrible. If you try to stretch them enough to fit over a bowl or something, you have to fight it and when you let go, so does it. More likely, it will snap out of place as you are stretching it and send your bowl of salad or soup flying across the room. They will only work on openings where you don't have to stretch it much.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Stasher 100% Silicone Reusable Food Bag, Sandwich Storage Size, 7-inch (15-ounce), Aqua
- iSi Basics Silicone Flexible Measuring Cups, Set of 3 -1, 2 and 4 Cup Capacity
- 【Merry Christmas】 9PCS Novelty Mini Magnet, Cute Rubber Magnet Men Refrigerator Magnets Magnetic Toy for Kids, Adults
- Modfamily Silicone Stretch Lids (7 pack, includes EXCLUSIVE XL SIZE), Reusable, Durable & Expandable to Fit Many Container Sizes & Shapes. Superior for Keeping Food Fresh, Dishwasher & Freezer Safe
- Kitchen + Home Silicone Stretch Lids - Set of 6 Silicone Food Saver Covers - BPA Free, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven and Freezer Safe
- Bee's Wrap - Assorted Set of 3 - Certified B Corporation - No Synthetic Wax or Chemicals - Holds for Up to a Year - Sustainable and Reusable Beeswax Food Wraps with Jojoba Oil - 3 Sizes (S, M, L)
- Farberware Food Huggers Reusable Silicone Food Savers, Set of 4, Fresh Greens
- Fusionbrands 8127 ButterEasy Butter Spreader, One Size, Yellow
*If this is not the "Reusable Rubber Food Savers" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jul 7, 2020 04:43 PST.