Sloth Tea Infuser
Product DescriptionSave waste and take a break from your frantic pace and let SLOW BREW make you the ideal cup of tea! The infuser is constructed from BPA-free silicone, which is soft, food-safe and tasteless, so it won't affect the taste of your tea. Simply fill with your favorite loose leaf tea and hang on your cup to enjoy perfectly brewed tea! SLOW BREW perches on the rim of your tea cup so you don't have to worry about fishing it out. The silicone construction is easy to use and clean. Dishwasher and microwave safe. The infuser measures 4 3/4 by 3 1/4 inches. Designed in Rhode Island, by people!
- Fun & functional: Save waste and take a break from your frantic pace and let Slow Brew make you the ideal cup of tea; This charming design is sure to make you smile. Slow Brew is packed in a colorful box perfect for gifting
- Easy to use: Simply fill with your favorite loose leaf tea and hang on your cup to enjoy perfectly brewed tea; Slow Brew perches on the rim of your tea cup so you don't have to worry about fishing it out
- PREMIUM QUALITY & AUTHENTIC: When you purchase tea infusers from Genuine Fred, you are guaranteed an original product that is constructed from food-safe, BPA-free silicone.
- Hassle-free cleaning: After use, discard the loose tea leaves and rinse with hot water. Genuine Fred silicone tea infusers are also dishwasher and microwave safe
- ECO-FRIENDLY & REUSEABLE: The dunk-brew-toss routine of normal tea bags contribute tons of waste to landfills and are not sustainable for our planet. Genuine Fred reusable silicone tea infusers for are the ideal, alternative!
- Remember, only authentic SLOW BREW have the Fred logo on the back of the claw
Top ReviewsRubber water anyone?
by MrsRupert (1 out of 5 stars)
November 11, 2016
Not sure what I may be doing wrong, but not impressed. My tea flavor wasn't seeping through the little holes. You'd have to fill your cup to the brim for him to be fully immersed with water. Oh, and enjoy the rubber flavor! Basically all I got out of this was rubber flavored hot water with some floaties.
Cute but not functional to brew tea :(
by HRWeather (2 out of 5 stars)
March 16, 2017
I really really wanted to like this. Out of all the adorable tea infusers, this one took the cake of cuteness looking like a happy sloth soaking in a hot tub. Really reminded me of the Japanese Snow Monkeys who bath in the natural hot springs.
But alas, the end of the day I was seeking a good cup of strong tea, and there are several issues with this novelty item:
You have to fill it nearly to the BRIM of you're cup to properly submerge it to the top of the holes near his waist. Personally, I avoid filling a mug so full it would spill if I tried to hold it The main issue is in the design as the little paws hold onto it high up. The torse needs to be a little longer in my opinion, or something. I gave up and let my Sloth completely drown to make sure I was getting the most out of the infusing.
Unfortunately, even that never provided a remotely strong cup of tea. It just tasted like water. I am so sad. It is adorable, but not functional at all for the purpose I needed. Especially for spending $10 on it...thus, I processed the return.
Instead, I decided to be boring and ordered Schefs Premium Tea Infuser - Stainless Steel - Single Cup - Perfect Strainer for Loose Leaf Tea instead, WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I highly recommend it if you are a tea snob and want a good strong cup of tea. That one has holes everywhere, stores plenty of loose tea, securely clicks into place to close the lid, has a hook to put onto the edge of your cup, and fits perfect in a travel mug so you can steep and keep it hot before using. Most importantly, makes a delightful cup of tea. I began this search to make Mae from the bulk item Cruz De Malta 1/2 Kilo Yerba Mate (next time Ill get the full kilo, i ordered this smaller one by mistake... yes im that much of a mate addict).
by Morgan (5 out of 5 stars)
December 2, 2018
I love this little guy, he's so cute! Definitely happy with my purchase, however there are a few things I wish were different.
1) I wish the holes were a little lower or he was a little longer so that the water doesn't have to be filled to the top of the mug to steep. I don't usually fill my mugs up that high as it's more likely to spill but the holes are so high since he's short that you have to fill it to the top.
2) it's not very easy to put the loose tea leaves inside, the opening is so small that my loose tea spoon doesn't fit so I can't scoop and dump inside. I basically have to pinch the tea and shove it in with my finger while making a mess everywhere.
3) not very easy to clean because again, the hole isn't too big and the tea gets stuck inside and you have to pull it out with your fingers.
Overall, it's a good buy because of how cute it is!
Cuteness overload but useless diffuser
by Amazon Customer (1 out of 5 stars)
January 28, 2019
I really wanted to like this. The sloth is really cute. But cute is all you get. The container is too small to hold even 1/2 teaspoon of any leaves of any real size. And any tea smash enough to fit will come out the holes. It tends to float - even when you put the arms on the cup. I waited 10 minutes and still only had flavorless hot water. If you just want a cute sloth- this is for you. If you want a cute sloth that defuses tea - you are out of luck. At least he will be cute looking over my computer screen...
by Autumn (1 out of 5 stars)
August 19, 2018
This is made out of a silicone type plastic that I would not want to put in a cup of hot water. The space inside to put tea is not that big. It's very cute but not very functional, definitely would not recommend.
Cute but not very functional
by Pupmama90 (3 out of 5 stars)
March 12, 2019
Very cute and instagrammable. I really needed to pack the tea leaves in there because the opening is so small. I did get some loose leaves as other reviewers mentioned, and had the same difficulty with my little sloth not brewing strong enough tea. I had better results when I microwaved him in the cup with the tea leaves (sorry little guy), but I've been brewing for about 20 min and it's still weak due to the amount of water required to submerge the holes. You need a specific kind of mug for this to work. I give 3 stars for cuteness, but it's not as functional as I need it to be.
Easy to use, easy to clean, no weird aftertaste, cute on your mug, great little sloth infuser.
by Eddie Does Reviews (5 out of 5 stars)
February 4, 2016
This is a great tea infuser, as long as you have a cup with a wide mouth and it isn't slopped. We have the little Fox Mug and Pig Mug from Target and the little Sloth fits perfectly.
In terms of the infusion, the silicone doesn't add any "weird chemical flavor" and looks cute on the mug. We did have some issue with really small tea particles floating out into the water but it's not an issue if you enjoy the tea anyway, in my opinion.
It's screws onto itself when you fill it with tea. Try to use half a tea spoon at a sitting to prevent it from spilling out while you're filling it. It holds about a table spoon when it's full.
In terms of cleaning, just rinsing it with hot water seems to keep the sloth nice and clean. It can just sit out to dry as well.
Overall, easy to use and doesn't leave any weird aftertastes, looks cute on a mug. Fits the bill.
Bought the sloth one, its annoying
by Anthem DeVigil (1 out of 5 stars)
January 7, 2019
Bought the sloth one. First off it holds very little whole tea and it makes a very bland cup of tea. Second when I tried to clean it, it requires something to stick in there to clean it, like a butter knife or something. I got frustrated and just tossed it. I'm going to stick to a traditional tea steeper.
It worked, but some what
by Amazon Customer (3 out of 5 stars)
May 21, 2019
The merchandise works, however, there is a reason its called SLOW BREW. It really is slow on brewing, but it will brew if you move it around. I got the sloth, so for me what I ended up doing was moving it around in the water and slowly it broke down my tea. The taste was the same too. Product is ok, but I see myself modifying it. Probably drill a bit few more holes. I find this item perfect for on the go. Heat up some water and put this baby on the lip of your cup and your good to go. Patience is required for this one though.
Efficient & Perfect for tea lovers!
by W. Lambert (5 out of 5 stars)
September 4, 2019
I love this little guy! He has become my favorite tea companion. This diffuser IS efficient for making hot tea. Maybe other buyers just didnt use high quality tea or use enough? Mine has been handy and my tea loving roommates like to steal him from me. Also, no rubber taste here... only pure happiness!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Tea Forte Organic Classic Tea Sampler, Single Steeps Loose Leaf Tea Gift Box Variety Pack of 15 Single Serve Pouches with Green Tea, Herbal Tea and Black Tea
- TBWHL Funny Loose Leaf Tea Infuser Ball, Food Grade Silicone Stool Shape Hot Tea Infuser Tea Strainer Ball Filter
- HeroNeo Cute Silicone Shark Infuser Loose Tea Leaf Strainer Herbal Spice Filter Diffuser
- Fred Duck, Duck Drink Tea Infuser
- Fred SPIKED TEA Narwhal Tea Infuser
- Tiesta Tea, Fruity Pebbles, Strawberry Pineapple Green Tea, 1.6 oz, 30 Servings , 1.6 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- Tiesta Tea | Lavender Chamomile, Loose Leaf Soft Chamomile Herbal Tea | All Natural, Caffeine Free, Stress Relief, Relax, Sleep Tea, Calming | 0.9oz Resealable Pouch - 30 Cups | Lavender Herbal Tea
- Silicone Tea Infuser for Loose Leaf Tea, Unicorn Silicone Loose Leaf Herbal Tea Strainer Tea Filter for Tea Drinkers
- Fred MANATEA Silicone Tea Infuser
- Tea Infuser Set for Loose Tea - Get the Cute Animal Tea strainer ParTea Pack for More Enjoyable Tea Times with Friends and Family, 5-pack, Multi Color
- Fred 5228955 PURRTEA Cat Silicone Tea Infuser
- Fred 5228626 Silicone Infuser COMO TEA LLAMA
- Fred 5200171 CUTE-TEA Hedgehog Silicone Tea Infuser, Snarky
- Fred BIG BREW Elephant Silicone Tea Infuser, 2.4 inches - 5186699
- Fred 5216930 BREW BUNNY Rabbit Silicone Tea Infuser, Gray
- Fred & Friends 5228957 HOT DOG Silicone Tea Infuser
- Fred & Friends 5246939 Tea Infuser, Artic, Brown
- Fred & Friends 5238833 Tea Infuser, BREW BEETLE, Purple
*If this is not the "Sloth Tea Infuser" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Apr 13, 2021 04:47 PST.