Product DescriptionFrywall splatter guard keeps your stovetop spotless no matter the meal, providing better protection than splatter screens while keeping your pan completely accessible throughout the cooking process. You can fry, simmer, or sauté as you would with an uncovered pan, and still keep your stovetop spotless. It's perfect for deep fried delicacies like fried chicken and latkes, as well as for pan-fried burgers and steaks, bacon, bubbling tomato sauce, or that huge pile of greens that always tumbles onto the stovetop. Frywall is dishwasher safe and rolls up into a compact sleeve for storage. Made of BPA-free, FDA-compliant high temperature silicone rated to 450°F. Pan not included. U.S. Patent Nos. 9,784,302 and 10,130,213. Other patent applications are pending.
- FRYWALL 12" IS BIG - Verify your pan size before ordering. Frywall 12 fits 12" pans. Will not fit pans with lip-to-lip diameters smaller than 11.5". Not suitable for downdraft stoves.
- NO COMPROMISE PROTECTION: The first-ever splatter guard that combines uninterrupted protection with complete access to cooking surface, providing all the benefits of an uncovered pan without the mess.
- STOPS OIL MIST AND CONDENSATION: Completely blocks fine oil that splatter screens let through, but lets steam escape freely. So burgers sear perfectly, sauces reduce quickly, and condensation splatter is eliminated.
- SPILLOVER STOPPER: Perfect for preventing spillovers when sautéing lots of veggies and greens in overfull pan.
- SAFE, CLEAN AND COMPACT: Made of BPA-free, FDA-compliant silicone that can withstand sustained temperatures of up to 450°F. Dishwasher safe and easy to clean. After use rolls into cup-sized sleeve for compact storage.
Top ReviewsDon't give up!! Read the instructions!
by kattwoman (5 out of 5 stars)
February 1, 2017
I was excited to get this product when I saw the videos. My beautiful Viking stove is a PITA to clean. As soon as the package came, I opened it right up. Only to be devastated that it appeared to be about 2" too big for my pans!! (See pic #1) How could that be?! I measured! So as I was about to wrap it back up for a return, thinking it most certainly must be defective, I noticed the instruction sheet on the back of the wrapping. I read them carefully and gave it another try. Voila!! It fit perfectly. It's like magic. (See pic #2).
So I'm in love with this product. It does what it says and keeps your stove clean. The added plus is that you can be sloppy with your stirring and flipping because it keeps everything in the pan.
I just ordered the 10". Thank you for creating this wonderful kitchen tool.
Pricey, but product is good.
by Robin E. (4 out of 5 stars)
October 25, 2017
I do love the product. It fit my cast iron skillet perfectly and eliminated the splatter when I sauteed onions for spaghetti sauce. Plus, when you make spaghetti sauce the tomatoes will jump and splatter, but the wall were high enough that there was no splatter on my stove at all. Please be advised that it will ONLY fit the pan that it says. Don't think you can "make it fit" a pan that it's not made for.
BUT, after seeing the product, I can't believe it was almost $30! Seriously? I'm hoping it's just because it's a new product and the initial development cost are high. I think that the price of this should be less than $20. If I could have a wish list, it would be that there was an adjustable frywall. I have an adjustable silicon pie shield that the frywall could take some pointers from. Will not buy the smaller size because of the price, but will buy if the price comes down.
Frywall -- No More Ugly Splatters!
by Di G.,Top Contributor: Photography (4 out of 5 stars)
February 13, 2017
I don't fry often, and I hate frying food because of the mess there is to clean up afterwards. When I do fry food, I usually make it worth my while because of the clean up. This frywall is terrific. Make sure you have a fry pan that has slanted sides, not verticle. At first it takes a few minutes to get it on, but once you know how to do it, no problem. The only problem is that if you are fry lots at once and you want to change the oil, the frywall must come off in order to do so. It is quite large and floppy (It is silicone.) when you take it off. When I need to do that, I put it in my sink basin, change the oil, and put it back on the pan. I haven't tried washing it by hand yet; I put it directly on the top shelf of the dishwasher. It comes through the dishwasher cycle perfect. I store it in a Tupperware cylinder-shaped container and stand the container in the cupboard with my pans and lids. I have recommended this product to my friends.
Floppy. Keeps collapsing.
by T (1 out of 5 stars)
September 9, 2018
Just avoid this or take the gamble it won't fit your pan. I bought the 12" Frywall for my 12" All-Clad pan. Simple enough, right? Not really.
I followed all the directions, but it doesn't fit neat and nicely. It doesn't maintain its circle shape as advertised as it's EXTREMELY floppy. Again, it's floppy as can be and difficult to maintain a circular shape when placing into your pan. Eventually, I had it "fit" inside my pan, but I noticed it wasn't exactly perfect. It was in there, but I had my doubts. The inner wall lip (that sits closest to the pan's hot surface) had a slight buckle in the rubber shape. I attribute it to how it was packaged. It had a crease in the rubber because of how it was folded in the packaging. That crease in the shape was the linchpin to the entire Frywall collapsing on itself. Once the pan began to heat up, it only exaggerated the buckling of the Frywall. Eventually, the entire thing just collapsed on itself and fell into a hot pan of cooking oil.
The bottom line is that it doesn't fit. A 12" Frywall for an ordinary 12" circular cooking pan, and it just collapses on itself. What a shame.
The concept is good, but there are some deficiencies
by Kindle Customer (3 out of 5 stars)
March 3, 2017
The concept is good, but there are some deficiencies. The directions are not thorough. The company should somehow stamp on the INSIDE under the lip that the lip side faces inside. I only learned this from other customer reviews. The splatter guard sits so high and is so flexible that when using a utensil to stir or flip whatever is cooking, it's very easy to dislodge the guard which is already not easy to install. It does work well in reducing the mess on a stove when frying or browning, but needs a bit more testing in the field to make it easier to use.
This kept me from giving up on cast iron cooking!
by William E. Downing (5 out of 5 stars)
January 25, 2019
I am new to frying in cast iron. I have cooked for over 30 years, but did not grow up with cast iron, so I never really learned how to use it. I have always used triply stainless and some calphalon nonstick. Because of that, I didn't like the idea of not cleaning my cookware, and was apprehensive about keeping it seasoned. But there are a lot of recipes that recommend cast iron and I finally decided to take the plunge.
So, when I did get my cast iron skillet. I was both pleased and upset at the same time. Everything was easier to cook, and cleaning it wasn't as bad as feared. But the grease splatter was WAY worse than I expected and almost immediately had me looking for a solution. I almost ordered a mesh lid but saw this and read a couple of reviews and decided to take give it a try. I love it. It may look stupid, but it completely works and even ADDS versatility to the pan. It is expensive, and I didn't like how much everything was adding up to with my jump into cooking with cast iron, but was still worth it.
I have not had long enough to comment on durability, but for the money, I hope it holds up.
Hand washing is a pain, but dishwashing is easy.
Can taste the silicone in the food, and it creates a foam in the pan
by Suzinsdcali (1 out of 5 stars)
December 22, 2018
Each time I used these in my wok or pan, a foam formed around the base of the product and it rendered a very strange taste in the food. I thoroughly washed them prior to using them for the first time and after each use. I tried using them several times with the same result. Very disappointing as I love to cook and wanted to minimize clean up time for my stovetop. Now, I either place a cutting board next to the pan on the stove top to shield my stovetop, or lay a piece of aluminium foil. This is a great idea, but the quality needs to improve.
Your stove top will be cleaner, longer
by Adrienne Grizzell (5 out of 5 stars)
February 16, 2018
As owners of the 12" and 10" Frywalls our experience been almost entirely with the 12". Frywall frequently is at work in a pan or waiting to be cleaned and often not put away before the next call to duty. We have a glass gas stove top and it remains remarkably clean when we use the Frywall for cooking, frying and sauteing. Our next big experiment will be fried chicken with the hope that the stove top will remain nearly spotless. In summary we recommend it so much that we purchased one for our son whose careful eating habits have him cooking down large batches of kale with bacon grease--a process that has grease spatter and kale leaves all over his kitchen top. The Frywall will make his life much simpler.
Suggestion to the Frywall manufacturers, morning breakfast for one person is usually cooked in an 8" skillet but we have been unable to locate an 8" Frywall. Please help. By the way, we first heard of you on Shark Tank and before the night ended, we had ordered our first two Frywalls.
Collapses when hot--avoid
by JT (1 out of 5 stars)
November 28, 2016
Poor design---silicone material gets hot, expands, will no longer maintain its cone shape in the pan and collapses making a mess. Don't get it hot with pan fried foods or save your money and just buy a simple metal screen. Works when the cone shape stays up.
Be Gone Splatters! Be Gone!
by Slim (4 out of 5 stars)
June 7, 2019
* Captures grease and splatter very effectively, preventing a mess on stovetops, countertops, and floor when cooking/sautéing with cooking oil or sauces, especially bacon
* No need for lid cover to prevent splatter, which can cause damage to the pan as it traps more heat inside
* Substantially reduces cleaning time
* Splash-Guard, although a flexible silicone, is strong enough to hold a spatula (at least a plastic one), on the inside without dislodging the bottom edges of the guard
* Splash-Guard is flexible enough to easily fit in the dishwasher rack or folded for storage
* "IN" marking indicates which side to use for the inside
* Stains and splatters comes off cleanly with some dishwasher detergent and sponge with no greasy
* Silicone is thick, improving longevity
* Circumference takes up a little bit of space as the guard extends outward instead of straight up
* Bottom edges does not fight securely along the inside of the pan, causing small bits of food (like ground beef) to get wedged underneath the inner edges of the guard
* Only fitted for pans with sloped sides, straight side pans does not work well
* Large surface area makes it not so easy to clean
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Splatter screen alternative - Frywall 10" - stops grease splatter without trapping steam - continuous access - dishwasher safe - compact storage (Orange)
- Frywall 8 (Small) - Orange - Splatter Guard, as Seen on Shark Tank
- Frywall 8 (Small) - Red - Splatter Guard, as Seen on Shark Tank
- Frywall 10 (Medium) - Black - Splatter Guard, as Seen on Shark Tank
- LRui Foldable Splatters Screen Cooking Mesh Grease 12" Splatter Guard Kitchen Cover Pan Mesh
- Safe Grabs: Multi-Purpose Silicone Original Microwave Mat from Shark Tank | Splatter Guard, Trivet, Hot Pad, Pot Holder, Kitchen Tool (BPA-Free, Heat Resistant, Dishwasher Safe), Ocean Blue
- Norpro Nonstick 3-Panel Splatter Guard | Each Panel Size: 9"x10" | 2-Pack
- Beckon Ware Splatter Screen -Super Silicone 4 In 1 NON-MESH/RUST/STICK, 99% Frying Pan Oil Splash Guard for Cooking & Frying, Grease Pan Lid for Cast Iron Skillet, Kitchen Set, Stainless Steel Black
- Lunatec Odor-Free Dishcloths. The Perfect Scrubber, Dish Cloth, Sponge and scouring pad to Clean Your Dishes, pots & Pans, and Kitchen Gear. Ideal for Home, RV, Boat Galley and Camp site. (4, Lime)
- Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Frying Pan Splatter Guard" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 13, 2019 17:17 EST.