Dig It Up Dinosaur Eggs
Product DescriptionJunior paleontologists and geologists will experience the thrill of discovery as they excavate a unique specimen from within each egg or stone. Simply chisel away to reveal a mini dinosaur or bug replica or an authentic mineral or fossil. Our dig kit comes with a dozen different surprises waiting to be unearthed along with 12 chiseling tools, instructions and a guidebook for learning more about your discoveries. Each is a perfect activity for groups or parties!
- TOYS THAT TEACH: Experience the excitement of discovery like a real paleontologist as you excavate with these great combination kits from MindWare.
- DESIGNED FOR CLASSROOM EDUCATION: Both kits include 12 unique individually wrapped projects making it a perfect dig kit use on your own or as a classroom activity.
- DIG IT UP AND PLAY: Simply soak the 3" clay egg or stone in water and then carefully chisel away the shell to excavate the surprise inside. Once your findings have been excavated simply rinse off remaining clay and your child will be ready to play.
- EXCAVATION GUIDE: An excavation guidebook is included to learn more about your discoveries. Learn how to classify each item discovered by similar traits or characteristics and create your very own diorama.
- INCLUDES: (1 each) Dig It Up! Minerals & Fossils and Dig It Up! Dinosaur Eggs
Top ReviewsVery much fun, not the same w/ different contents.
by marauder (5 out of 5 stars)
September 6, 2018
These are proving to be a hit with smaller kids.
The Dino ones need soaking in water and are easier to open. Its also possible to cheat and break of larger chunks if kids hand it to you to work on and in a rush.
The gem ones (usually contain multiple gem/rocks each) do not require soaking but are much harder to dig; in case of bad lock (content in other side of the rock or a harder stone) they can be 1+ hr of work each. Also can produce much finer dry dust.
Like them both.
4 yr old granddaughter is delighted
by Abellee (5 out of 5 stars)
October 21, 2018
This is a smash hit with my 4 year old granddaughter who is obsessed with dinosaurs. It is the highlight of our play time and I have to limit to two eggs (one mineral and one dinosaur) for each visit. I do soak the eggs for about 15 minutes to make it easier. I cut the sides off of a large box and leave about a 3 inch lip around to contain the "chunks" chiseled away. I put a large towel under the box and everything is on the floor. My granddaughter likes to dig out a hole and then pour water in the hole to loosen the egg up. It doesn't keep all the chaos contained but the clean up is a breeze as the clay materials will literally sweep or mop up very easily.
A 5 star product!!!!
by KT.S (5 out of 5 stars)
October 2, 2017
This product was GREAT!!! Had originally got them for the kids *ages 4 to 16* but instead had ages 4 - 64 joining in! The dinosaurs were well detailed and the gemstones were great! I now have kids that want ,e to make necklaces for them with the gems. Now we have new dinosaur toys, each piece is individually wrapped with its own directions and chisels. Soak them, 3 mins and done and you'll thank yourself later.
Great product perfect for the dinosaur party we had. Everyone had so much fun and I found it worth the price. Tons of information on the box alone and all the kids loved getting their own dinosaur. I would buy this again in a heart beat.
Great dinosaur birthday activity!
by Amazon Customer (5 out of 5 stars)
September 25, 2017
We used these for a party. I didn't read carefully that only one box has dinosaurs and the other has gems. It was fine, the kids still had a blast. Some reviewers mentioned how hard some of them to crack into. We left them in the water twice as long as suggested and even our three year old could crack into the eggs then. They are messy. There will be rocky sand all over, and it will be pasty with water. But we put down a huge picnic blanket. And what inadvertently got on the floor or couch cleaned up easily. We had to clean up cake and icing anyway, so it was really no problem:)
by KLW (5 out of 5 stars)
April 14, 2017
My granddaughters can't get enough of these (ages 3 and 7). Each egg comes individually wrapped with its own digging stick. They're a little messy but great fun. Excellent product.
Great but messy
by Leslie Carr (5 out of 5 stars)
January 2, 2019
My grandkids love these, but be aware they are messy.
Kids had lots of fun. The older kids wanted to do it the ...
by Jasmin (5 out of 5 stars)
March 24, 2018
Kids had lots of fun. The older kids wanted to do it the hard way without water and it kept them entertained for a good 30 min. Very messy but also lots of fun for the kids.
by Justin M (5 out of 5 stars)
February 2, 2019
The kids liked the mineral eggs better. Ill look to buy only mineral eggs next time.
5 year old loves them
by Jeff (5 out of 5 stars)
April 11, 2018
My 5 year old loves there. They make a great gift or just fun to burn some time and energy.
A big hit
by Double J (5 out of 5 stars)
November 25, 2017
My daughter loved these so much we got more to use as party favors. All 25 kids at the party loved them as well. Nice!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- MindWare Dig It Up! Discoveries (Space)
- MindWare Dig It Up! Big Bug Stones Excavation kit
- MindWare Dig It Up! Dinosaur Eggs Excavation kit
- MindWare Dig It Up! Discoveries (Sea Life)
- MindWare Dig It Up! Discoveries (Dragon Eggs)
- The Berenstain Bears' Dinosaur Dig
- MindWare Dig It Up! T-Rex and Triceratops: Set of 2
- MindWare Dig It Up! Discoveries (Mermaids)
- MindWare Dig It Up! Discoveries (Fairies)
- MindWare Dig It Up! Discoveries (Wild Animals)
*If this is not the "Dig It Up Dinosaur Eggs" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jun 25, 2020 14:21 PST.