Product DescriptionThe Thyrm PyroVault: - Housing accepts Classic Zippo fluid inserts and Thunderbird and Z-plus butane inserts. Note: newly released Zippo Brand torch and arc inserts are unfortunately not compatible due to their height. - Uses an o-ring seal to keep fuel in and the elements out. - Features a MOLLE/PALS webbing clip. - Has a spring loaded cap for one-handed operation. - Is made of sturdy and heat-resistant reinforced nylon. - Is available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, Olive Drab, Rescue Orange, and Urban Grey. - Designed and Manufactured in the USA.
- Housing is compatible with Classic Zippo Fluid, Thunderbird Single Torch Flame, and Z-plus Extreme 2.0 Butane Torch, and Blazer Top Z Dual Flame Butane inserts. WARNING : Zippo Torch (butane) and Arc (electric), Sparkr inserts are NOT COMPATIBLE due to their height. No insert comes with the PyroVault.
- O-ring seal keeps the elements out and minimizes evaporation.
- Low-profile MOLLE/PALS webbing clip and spring loaded cap for one-handed operation.
- Made of rugged, heat-resistant reinforced nylon polymer.
- CAUTION: Amazon's "Frequently bought together" or "Compare with similar items" DO NOT imply compatibility. Amazon's algorithms automatically list these and Thyrm has no control over what inserts are listed.
Top ReviewsGreat Lighter Armor! Works great! Minor issue only.. read on
by Joel Haakonson (4 out of 5 stars)
October 7, 2018
This is a great option for a zippo. I have noticed that the seal not only protects the flint from getting wet if it is exposed to the elements, but it seems to keep the butane from drying out should you leave it sitting for awhile! It also fits well with the zippo internals or any other off brand internals that are similar to zippos (i.e. Star et al). If I have a complaint, it's that the latch part of the lighter sticks above the base of the lighter so when you click it open it leaves less room for your finger to roll the flint striker. It however still works fine, just a little awkward when you are used to opening a normal zippo and striking the flint. If you do use the lanyard loop, use a small cord as there is less room than it looks like in the loop for cord than it would first appear, it could interfere with the lever that unlatches the flip-top, I used paracord and it seems to squish it and still operates but makes the button really stiff to push in. I would suggest in future taking the inner strands of the paracord our and just use the outter nylon shell of it as a lanyard
Not water tight!
by BigSlice (2 out of 5 stars)
October 10, 2018
Cool but due to the design it is far from water tight, loose cap and poor seal.
Good concept and execution, except for...
by Woody (4 out of 5 stars)
February 27, 2019
...the doggone latch. You can only get about 1/3 of the typical rotation if you are using a typical Zippo as the insert. I am sure that the butane insert will work better for lighting.
I tried to turn the lighter around with the wheel on the hinged side and it worked quite a bit better. The little "thumb" that usually goes towards the hinge side on the regular Zippo will cause a little resistance, but it will close. Opening and using it in this reverse configuration will take some getting used to, as it is so different from standard usage.
by J. Baker (2 out of 5 stars)
August 13, 2019
!!WOW!! Did I just pay that kinda money for a CHEAP plastic lighter case??!! For anyone looking to buy this case, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! Low grade plastic, regular fluid Zippo style inserts are useless with this. very difficult to roll the striker wheel to light it. the lid catch is right in the way.I guess I should have read more reviews before my purchase!
Very overpriced for what it is.
by Craig (2 out of 5 stars)
March 11, 2019
It works. But it's literally 3x the cost of the zippo insert. I'll keep it, but I'm having a hard time with the price. It's literally just a plastic case that snaps closed.
by Kindle Customer (2 out of 5 stars)
April 9, 2019
Way over priced. Guess when there is no competition with similar products its ok to charge high price.
Very tough protection for the very worst of conditions!
by Kentucky Woodsman (5 out of 5 stars)
August 17, 2019
This by far is the best protection I have found for my lighter. I am not a smoker, but I am an avid outdoorsman and keep a lighter in my pocket at all times. I am in and around water a lot and needed something to protect my lighter from getting wet. I can't begin to tell you how many lighter I have ruined by getting them wet. I literally have swam with my Thyrm PyroVault encased lighter in my pocket and have yet to see my lighter get wet. The Thrym PyroVault is a must if you want to protect your pocket lighter. It could even be a life saver! This is a very real investment in a quality piece of gear! I feel it is worth every penny I spent on it!
Pretty nice overall
by Evan P. (5 out of 5 stars)
December 23, 2018
It is water-resistant not waterproof but I did drop it in a puddle to see and no water was inside afterwards. Original zippo fits niceans snug and doesn't evaporate quite as quick. Thunderbird butane insert fits really nice and is staying inside for the long haul. Very happy.
Not for zippo inserts
by Lycan66 (3 out of 5 stars)
October 17, 2019
I was going to bash this product for not fitting the new zippo inserts, but scrolling to leave the review saw the description details saying just that...so that's on me. Luckily I had an older off brand insert I swapped out of my zippo.
Overall, it will work but It doesn't feel worth the $30 I paid.
Defenitly buy great product
by Real Deal Neal (5 out of 5 stars)
October 16, 2019
Update got a defective one they replace it very fast ! Very happy with it works great looks great fires up every time saves you on fuel. Thought it was bit expensive @ 1st but what you will save in fuel time to fill & reliability. These people stand by there products & are A PLUS
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Z-Plus 2.0 Extreme Torch Flame Lighter
- Thyrm CellVault XL Battery Storage (Urban Grey)
- Vector Thunderbird Butane Torch Insert
- Zippo Butane Lighter Insert - Double Torch, One Size, Chrome
- Thyrm CellVault Battery Storage (Flat Dark Earth)
- Thyrm DarkVault Comms Critical Gear Case, Waterproof, Attachable to MOLLE (Black)
- Thunderbird Yellow Flame Insert (COMES EMPTY - NO Fuel)
- Zippo Inside Guts Silver Chrome (No Outside Case) Only Inside Insert
- Zippo Fuel Canister
- Thyrm Switchback Large 2.0 Flashlight Ring (Black)
- Thyrm PyroVault Lighter Armor, Compatible with Classic Zippo Inserts (Olive Drab)
- Thyrm PyroVault Lighter Armor, Compatible with Classic Zippo Inserts (Black)
- Thyrm PyroVault Lighter Armor, Compatible with Classic Zippo Inserts (Flat Dark Earth)
- Thyrm PyroVault Lighter Armor, Compatible with Classic Zippo Inserts (Rescue Orange)
*If this is not the "PyroVault Lighter Armor" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 18, 2022 17:31 +08.