The Screenless Smartphone For Kids
Product DescriptionRelay - the screen-free smartphone for kids. Let kids go far with a nationwide 4G LTE network and WiFi connectivity, GPS tracking, and a durable, water-resistant design. Your child simply needs to press the talk button and start speaking - kind of like a walkie-talkie. They can speak to you through the free app on your smartphone, speak to another relay, and use fun voice apps like music playlists, language translation, and more. Relay is built to give parents peace of mind without having to give a child a smartphone before they're ready. For only $9.99 per month, feel confident about letting your child build responsibility and develop independence with a kids phone you can trust.
- SIMPLE PHONE FOR KIDS: Press and hold the middle button to talk, just like a walkie-talkie. Use voice assistant to choose contacts. Add up to 10 Relays and multiple trusted app users on 1 account. Communicate 1-on-1 or create group chats. Battery lasts 1-2 days, depending on the level of usage. Durable and splash-proof. Comes with charging cable, USB power adapter, quick start guide, and 1 year product warranty. Our wearables make carrying Relay easy (sold separately).
- CELL SERVICE REQUIRED: $9.99/month prepaid per device, no-contract subscription. Nationwide range, just like a cell phone. Service is provided by Relay. U.S. service only. International service not available.
- RELAY APP FOR ADULTS: For iOS & Android. Turn your smartphone into a walkie talkie and talk to anyone on your account. Manage Relay settings, and be able to set the device to “Do Not Disturb” mode remotely to keep Relay from going off while your child is in class.
- NEVER MISS A MESSAGE: App does NOT have to be open in order to receive messages. A notification will come through on your phone telling you that you have a message waiting for you in the app. A green light on your Relay will flash to indicate messages. You can play messages on your Relay device and in the smartphone app.
- SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY: Use GPS tracking to locate your child in the Relay app. Set Geofences such as “home” and “school” and receive automatic notifications when they enter/leave any of these set locations. Kids can send SOS emergency alerts to everyone on the account, which will continuously go off until the account owner has resolved the alert.
Top ReviewsDistance for received a call
by GEORGIA RANTON (3 out of 5 stars)
January 13, 2019
My Godson liked the product, but have had it for about two weeks now and he said that it not working. The volume isn't very clear as shown on the video. Have question regarding the distance to receive calls from phone. Will have to contact relay wireless regarding this issue. Overall l hope this issue can be resolved Nd l don't have to return the product. On 1-24-2019 item being returned for full refund
Didn't Work Most of the Time
by Jonnie M McCarty (1 out of 5 stars)
March 28, 2019
We purchased 2 and sent them both back. We couldn't get either one to work on a consistent basis. We bought them for communication with our young teenagers and it doesn't do any good to have them if they won't transmit to one another when you need to reach other. We gave up and got cell phones. The relay in theory is a good idea but in reality is nothing more than a glorified walkie talkie and doesn't work as good as a walkie talkie set. We were all very disappointed.
WORKS AMAZING PEACE OF MIND!
by Cintia Jasso (5 out of 5 stars)
August 23, 2019
So my daughter goes to school in Tarzana and I work in Sherman Oaks and we had great connection and I could hear here clearly, it really gives me peace of mind specially because she stays after school and she's only 7 years old. I love it and I'd definetly recommend getting one. I love that it has no screens so no distractions. My daughters school has a NO PHONE policy but this device is allowed because they don't have to worry about internet access, social media, or games. I'm thinking about telling more family and friends about it and even getting another one for my son. I'm super impressed. I love it. 5 Stars great job!
Probably wouldn't buy it again
by Amazon Customer (2 out of 5 stars)
July 9, 2019
I loved the idea of this device for staying connected to our 10 year old who enjoys the freedom of running around the neighborhood with his friends. It seemed simple, more affordable and less distracting than the other watches and tracker products on the market. But at the end of the day, my son would also like to be in direct contact with friends (who also don't have phones). So, unless you can get a group of friends to buy it too, the benefit of communicating with friends never happens and the parents are still the texting gatekeepers (because parents of friends don't have the app on their phone either). The channels and other features (music, jokes) are not very useful. Basically it is good only for the occasional call in from the park to come to dinner. But I'm not sure that's worth the 10 dollars a month subscription.
by Andrea (5 out of 5 stars)
July 31, 2019
I had been watching this product for a few months now. Finally decided to buy because the price was decent. I think it's awesome. I was nervous because some of the reviews were not so positive but I ruled out all those complaints. Sound quality is just fine, it doesn't even need to be turned all the way up. You can't receive notifications for a message from your child while the app isn't even open, and the service works very well. I live in a poor cell service area (with my own, thanks Verizon) and this little phone works just fine. Haven't gone cross country but my daughter was talking to me just fine about 60 miles away. Also- it's very easy to use. I saw a lot of people complain about the operation. There are literally just three buttons and one is for sound and one for talk. It's clear how to switch channels. I'd definitely recommend giving this a try!
by d (5 out of 5 stars)
April 10, 2019
We love our Relays! Setup was easy, the app walked us through the entire process. We loved being able to give our kids more freedom but still being able to check in with them or see where they were with the GPS feature. Battery life is good, we typically charge ours overnight, just like a phone. We were having some spotty coverage, but reached out to the support team and they sent us a new SIM card immediately. They are wonderful and we haven't had any issues since then!
by Crystal (4 out of 5 stars)
July 15, 2019
If you've got a kid who's begging for a smartphone, but you've been hoping for a better solution for staying safely connected over the summer and beyond, Relay might just be the answer you're looking for: a simple, fun communication device that helps kids gain independence one step at a time.
Monthly service will run you $10/month. though it connects via wifi and 4G LTE so you can use it anywhere you'd use a cell phone. No screens, no texting, no phone numbers to punch in. And since it's designed for children ages six to 11 (and also the elderly), it's able to weather some good drops and spills.
Great for kids
by Eric M. (5 out of 5 stars)
July 25, 2019
The Relay is a great tool for my kids, it allows me to keep track of my daughter as she is playing at friends house. She can message me and I can message her. It also allows me to see her location on a map. If you are logged out of the app it will send you a push notification, so you have to keep checking your phone when they are out to make sure you haven't received a message. I wish the Relay was supported by Verizon.
Great device for young kids and great support.
by TheIntendedLife (4 out of 5 stars)
September 8, 2019
Great starter for my 7 year old till my wife gets comfortable with him having a phone. Support is on point. The guys who run the support walk you through anything. Didn't ask but they checked my area and noticed T-Mobile didn't work well. Sent me a AT&T sim. Which vastly improved response times when talking to my kid. Wish it had a connect feature for true two way calling.
Perfect solution for a screen addicted kid
by Kelley M (5 out of 5 stars)
September 23, 2019
My 6 year old just started to ride the bus and I quickly realized that I needed some GPS tracking for him to save my wait time at the bus stop. I considered reactivating an old phone but then came across this instead. I loved the idea of a screenless device. He can still talk to me on the bus and it's small enough to leave in his backpack and on all day at school. We charge it every night but I think it would probably last 2 days without charging. We are all so used to screens that it is a challenge to get used to doing things without the visual ques like picking which channel he is using to talk to someone. But it is serving it's purpose of communicating with me on the bus and allowing me to GPS track him. Customer service has been great as far as trouble shooting and answering questions. They had to send me a new SIM as it did not initially have great coverage. But that has helped and we have not had any coverage problems but are in a city.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Relay Kids Phone Alternative: 4G LTE Nationwide Range, Walkie Talkie Ease, GPS Tracker with Geofencing (Mint)
- Relay Kids Phone Alternative: 4G LTE Nationwide Range, Walkie Talkie Ease, GPS Tracker with Geofencing (Blueberry)
- Relay Kids Screenless Smartphone, 4G LTE Nationwide Range Walkie Talkie, GPS Tracker, No Contract (Loop Case)
- Relay Kids Screenless Smartphone, 4G LTE Nationwide Range Walkie Talkie, GPS Tracker, No Contract (Armband Case w/Strap)
- Relay Kids Screenless Smartphone, 4G LTE Nationwide Range Walkie Talkie, GPS Tracker, No Contract (Charger)
*If this is not the "The Screenless Smartphone For Kids" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jul 2, 2022 05:29 +08.