Butter Slice Cutter
Product DescriptionEasily cut a slice of butter with this handy one click butter slicer. Perfect for preparing your toast in the morning, this butter slice cutter also doubles ... [Read more]
- One click stick butter cutter
- Made of plastic with stainless steel blade
- Easily slice cooled butter evenly
- May be stored in refrigerator for easy use; dishwasher safe
- A handy holiday table and buffet helper
Top ReviewsThe Perfect Pat!
by A. Harmon (4 out of 5 stars)
January 22, 2015
To my surprise, this little device works GREAT! I can't believe how often I find myself reaching for it! My daughter wanted this as a gift, but I use it far more than she does. Pops out a perfect little pat to use just as if you sliced it off the stick.
*Update 1 year later: This little gem is still going strong! II have experienced none of the issues some others have complained of. If its too hard to squeeze, you are keeping your fridge much too cold. I never have issue with that. Cleaning is pretty simple. When empty, run some warm soap and water thru and rinse...
If you aren't getting slices, you probably have the little block in upside down.
I churn out grilled cheese sandwiches with a golden buttery crust faster than the family can eat them. Durability hasn't been an issue at all.
As for butter fitting...Well, "regular" sticks of butter fit just fine...I don't see these "fatter" sticks where we are.
Piece of junk!
by Daniel Miner (1 out of 5 stars)
June 25, 2016
First, it does not hold a standard sized stick of butter! The opening is too small. Second,I tried filling it up anyway only to find that there is no mechanism to force the butter into the cutting blade. Complete waste of money!
Measure the width & height of your butter sticks!
by Greg K. (3 out of 5 stars)
March 7, 2019
Product looks like it would work well. Unfortunately the sticks of butter are not narrow enough to put in the dispenser without trimming. They are about 1/8 inch too fat on all sides to fit and need to be parred down. The length is no problem. .... (Maybe it's the area I live in that this is a problem; but I thought butter sticks were the same size everywhere)
It Really Works!
by J. Lockhart (4 out of 5 stars)
December 29, 2016
I didn't think I'd like it, because I've never liked ANYTHING I've ever bought to cut or serve butter. But I DO like this! Sometimes when it's real cold you have to push down on the insert to feed the butter down, but it's still a LOT easier than cutting each pat of butter with a knife. A note of caution: Don't leave it out of the fridge in a warm room. I forgot it once and halfway between the table and fridge a half stick of butter fell out and splattered on the floor. Thankfully my dog was there to clean it up!
Don't forget to wash it.
by Jaynal (5 out of 5 stars)
April 24, 2015
I absolutely loved this...for a while. Cuts the perfect slice of butter for a piece of toast, a couple of clicks for mac and cheese, really the worst part was putting more butter in because it was the only time I had to inconvenience myself with butter. Gone were the days when I would have to use a whole butter knife when I was cooking just to get some of that delicious stuff in the pan. I even portion controlled my butter! It's so much easier to cut a big chunk off a stick"‹, but the slice by slice method really makes you rethink how much butter you really need.
I was really bummed because a few sticks into it the cutter started straining a little, no big deal. A few more sticks and butter kept building up in the little nook and making the slices stick. Still okay. a couple months in the thing became almost unusable and I was so upset and I considered throwing it out. But then I thought "OMG WASH THE DAMN THING"
So I stuck it in the dishwasher and VOILA. PERFECT AGAIN. HOORAY FOR EVERYONE, BUT ESPECIALLY ME!
Cool idea, but not practical
by Kathy Crawford (2 out of 5 stars)
October 6, 2018
Very cool idea, but it doesn't fit a standard stick of butter. So I had to buy the fancy organic butter that has smaller sticks and I would love to buy organic butter all day long, but Im trying to renovate my kitchen, so I gotta get the Land-O-Lakes these days. It does cut it into a nice little pad though. Its plastic so it feels kind of cheap and it looks super stupid, so its not like I can show it off to guests or anything either.
Tips & Instructions!
by Liann (4 out of 5 stars)
January 22, 2019
Pros: 1. Works like a charm as soon as it is taken out of the fridge. 2. Yes, I feel it is dishwasher safe.
Cons: 1. If you let it sit for too long outside the fridge in room temp. the cutter will not slice the butter all the way. 2. If you have a child, don't let them stick their finger inside. 3. It's made of hard plastic, don't expect it to last a lifetime. 3.
The instructions are not clear on how to load the butter into the device.
1. Turn the device upside down so the razor/bottom is facing up.
2. Squeeze and hold the device and shake until the plastic box inside falls out.
3. Turn the device up so the razor is facing the bottom and insert stick of butter.
4. Put the block that fell out of the top back in the same way it came out. When you start squeezing it multiple times you will hear clicking and the block will start to fall down and the butter will start to come out in slices at the bottom.
I hope this helps!
by MelMar (1 out of 5 stars)
November 6, 2016
Let me elaborate, I HATE that it BROKE after only owning it for a few months. It was such a convenient product and one morning when I clicked it, a piece broke off into my hash browns! This was devastating, as it is a relatively new addition to my kitchen. I was hoping to replace it through amazon but apparently it's not eligible for returns anymore. Very disappointed with that since it wasn't an inexpensive item.
Great idea but doesn't really work very well
by Ruth Dambach (1 out of 5 stars)
October 29, 2017
Great idea but doesn't really work very well. If the butter is cold, it doesn't slide down the shoot. If the butter is room temp, the slice of butter wads up at the bottom.
Problematic whether butter is cold or room temp.
by SallyC (3 out of 5 stars)
December 27, 2017
If the butter's refrigerated, I can't cut it even using both hands - it's just too hard to squeeze the cutter through the butter. If the butter's at room temperature (70 degrees), it sticks to the cutter and doesn't cut pats - it bunches up and you have to scrape it off the cutter with a knife. Plus, unless you keep the foot on the bottom, at room temp the butter sags down onto the counter. It's a great idea, but the execution seems flawed.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Fox Run 5416 Butter Spreader with Built-In Cover, Plastic
- 2 Sets Silicone Butter Slicer Cutter Container Keeper with Lid for Storage Measure Butter to Make Bread, Cakes, Cookies
- Turboom Massage Lacrosse Ball for Sore Muscles, Shoulders, Neck, Back, Foot, Body, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Muscle Knots, Yoga and Myofascial Release (Green)
- KitchenArt 32000 Buttermate, White
- Butter Cutter One Click Stick One Click Stick Butter Cutter (Yellow)
- ShineMe Butter Dish Plastic with Lid and Slicer for Easy Cutting, Plastic Box for Butter Keeper Suitable for 7oz or Two 3.5oz Sticks Butter, Clear
- Butter Mill Butter Dispenser - White - USA Designed + China Made- Copy of Original
- HIC Butter Cutter, Stainless Steel Wires, 7.75-Inches x 2.625-Inches
- RSVP Endurance Butter Slicer in Stainless Steel
- Airisland Finger Stretcher Hand Resistance Bands Hand Extensor Exerciser Finger Grip Strengthener Strength Trainer Gripper Set for Arthritis Carpal Tunnel Exercise Guitar and Rock Climbing 3pcs
- Inventions for Market One Click Stick Butter Cutter with Stainless Steel Blade Yellow (Multi-Size Butter Cutter -If you live in CA, OR, or WA State) (Yellow)
- Inventions for Market One Click Stick Butter Cutter and Cheese Cutter with Stainless Steel Blade BLUE (Multi-Size Butter Cutter -If you live in CA, OR, or WA State) (Multi-size) (Green)
- Inventions for Market One Click Stick Butter Cutter with Stainless Steel Blade Fits standard 1/4 lb. bars that are about 5" long (Red)
- Inventions for Market One Click Stick Butter Cutter and Cheese Cutter with Stainless Steel Blade BLUE (Multi-Size Butter Cutter -If you live in CA, OR, or WA State) (Multi-size) (RED)
- Inventions for Market One Click Stick Butter Cutter with Stainless Steel Blade Fits standard 1/4 lb. bars that are about 5" long (Blue)
*If this is not the "Butter Slice Cutter" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jul 7, 2020 05:38 PST.