Product DescriptionMolecular gastronomy kit Bring your culinary creativity to the next level and impress your guests with spectacular dishes such as mint caviar beads that burst in the mouth, chocolate spaghetti, lemon foam or tzatziki spheres. This "do it yourself" molecular gastronomy kit includes all you need to experiment at home with the molecular techniques seen on top chef and in high-end restaurants, but without the celebrity chef price tag. This all-encompassing kit includes five pre-measured food additives, five specialized molecular tools that makes molecular gastronomy easy and accessible to all foodies. Go on play with your food.
- WHAT’S INSIDE: 1x silicone mold – 1x slotted spoon – 1x measuring spoon – 1x plastic syringe + 2x tubes – 3x pipettes - 5x agar-agar sachet (2 gr each) – 5x calcium lactate sachet (2 gr each) – 5x sodium alginate sachet (2 gr each) – 5x soy lecithin sachet (2 gr each) - 1 recipe booklet
- EASY FOR BEGINNERS: we believe everyone can master molecular gastronomy! Our kit provides you with easy step-by-step recipes, plus, we have hundreds of recipes & tutorials online
- MOLECULAR RECIPES YOU COULD LEARN: - Lemon cloud: a light & tasty lemon foam made through emulsification. - Balsamic vinegar pearls: create soft caviar pearls of balsamic vinegar by gelification. - Chocolate spaghetti: create delighftul chocolate gel spaghetti through gelification (vegan)
- FUN FOR DINNER: turn dinner with friends into a gastronomical experience with this molecular cooking kit. Impress them by serving a cloud of lemon, balsamic vinegar pearls, and chocolate spaghetti (vegan).
- PERFECT GIFT FOR FOODIES: Looking to surprise a foodie friend? This Cuisine R-Evolution kit is the perfect gift for a lover of food and artistic culinary composition. Experiment with Molecular Gastronomy at home!
Top ReviewsAwesome Little Kit
by sarcroth,Top Contributor: Pets (4 out of 5 stars)
November 21, 2015
I purchased this for a school experiment on Molecular Gastronomy, and I loved it! I attempted the Molecular Egg, the Balsamic Pearls, and the Fruit Juice Spaghetti. It took a few tries to really perfect the methods (and I'm still working on some) but it was really a lot simpler than I would have expected. The Molecular Egg was my favorite and my professors were so impressed that they may buy some of the kits to use in the lab setting. Definitely recommended for those who are interested in chemistry, physics, or just the culinary arts in general. The only downsides were that you really need some other equipment besides what came in the kit. I would recommend a digital scale, an immersion blender (although I was able to make my stuff with just a hand blender, but I could not make the foam because it was not strong enough), and a full-size blender.
Be prepared to buy more "tools"
by L. Donahue (2 out of 5 stars)
August 25, 2012
I like the idea of this kit but was highly disappointed that several of the drinks require an immersion blender. The gelification is extremely difficult without one. The recipes that come with it are terrible. The videos are nice for technique but they managed to mess up the recipe for a screwdriver! Also be aware that most of these recipes take quite a while to make and must be consumed almost immediately after they are finished. It's not really something you can pull out at a party to entertain your guests with. You will also go through the included ingredients really fast. The screwdriver recipe needs 2 pouches of gelatin for one drink and considering the kit only come with 10 of them, that's one expensive screwdriver and it takes over an hour to make. I think most people would be better off buying the ingredients by themselves and looking up the recipes online. The included tools consist of a set of measuring spoons, a small slotted spoon and 5 plastic pipettes. Assuming you own any kitchenware, the only think you may not have are the pipettes and you can pick those up or order them really cheap Plastic Transfer Pipettes 3ml, Gradulated, Pack of 100
Perfect Gift For The Cook Who Has Everything
by Aaronb371 (5 out of 5 stars)
September 24, 2016
If you are looking for a gift for the cook that has everything this is it! My brother-in-law is the cook that has every kitchen gadget ever made you, but he was so thrilled when we gave this to him for his birthday. I saw this same kit on other websites and it was much more expensive so not only was this a thoughtful gift but we got it at a great price. Can't wait to get invited over for another fantastic dinner. I highly recommend this product from this seller.
by ivythyme (2 out of 5 stars)
June 16, 2018
My kit arrived on time, but it didn't have any agar agar, double sodium alginate instead, most of which I won't be able to use without getting more calcium lactate. This is frustrating, especially after spending a couple hours preparing to make an experimental dish, only to find I'm missing a key ingredient, especially one I can't get easily.
Waste of money and time
by Andy D. (1 out of 5 stars)
February 8, 2019
Not a single thing in this entire box works. The foaming agent, gelatin etc does not work. Every tool is so cheaply made and they all completely broke. There isn't a manual just a CD and who even has a CD player anymore... this was such a waste of money and time. Oh and they don't accept returns so I'm just out $50
This is a really cool product that has helped me elevate my culinary skill
by Juni (4 out of 5 stars)
November 5, 2017
This is a really cool product that has helped me elevate my culinary skill. The only reason i'm not giving it a full 5 star is because it comes with a DVD for recipes. I think it'd be more helpful to maybe include a digital download since most computers don't use CD drives anymore.
Mis-packaged or mis-labeled
by E. F. (2 out of 5 stars)
April 15, 2019
The box labelled "soy lecithin" actually contained packets of sodium alginate. The box labelled "sodium alginate" also contained sodium alginate. I did not realize this until I went to make a foam, which requires soy lecithin. I now have wasted a bunch of ingredients, andI have to separately order soy lecithin. :/
Otherwise this is nicely packaged and actually a pretty good buy/selection of ingredients and tools for the money, if you don't need huge amounts of the ingredients.
by maria l. (1 out of 5 stars)
February 14, 2019
Missing a lot of the items! Very very disappointed was giving this as a valentines gift and I felt horrible. No DVD was included, spoons and a box missing. Doesn't even have a place to contact seller about this product. Couldn't believe it!
the dvd is terrible, just a step by step with music that ...
by Ryan (2 out of 5 stars)
April 14, 2016
Purchased accidentally, but keeping it for the hell of it. This kit contains a small amount of additives (5 packs each) and some tools. While I am a believer of Molecule-R's other kits and equipment this one stinks. The "hard copy" recipe book has one type of each discipline, the dvd is terrible, just a step by step with music that came from a bad porno stock site.
If the DVD had an actual walk through with some one talking you through how and why this would get at least 4 stars.
On a side not, for a style of cooking that is supposed to be bleeding edge in tech and art, why did you shoot for a DVD and have it in the style of a high school "how its made" video sans explanation?
Nice "Getting Started" Kit for Beginners
by Greg Bybee (4 out of 5 stars)
January 24, 2016
Great molecular gastronomy set. Was a little smaller than I was expecting, but overall a nice "getting started" kit.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Molecule-R Cuisine R-Evolution (Now With Silicon Mold)
- Molecule-R 831835000824 Aroma r-Evolution, Silver
- Molecule-R - Mojito Molecular Mixology Kit + FREE Culinary Syringe - Learn How to Make Mojito Bubbles - MOJITO R-EVOLUTION
- American Weigh Scale Signature Series Digital Precision Pocket Weight Scale, Black 1000G x 0.1G (AWS-1KG-BLK)
- Molecule-R Molecular 50 Course Meals, Black and White
- Molecule-R Food Styling R-Evolution Kit
- Molecule-R - Gin & Tonic Molecular Mixology Kit + FREE Culinary Syringe - GIN & TONIC R-EVOLUTION
- Ferran Adria Spherification Spoon
- Molecule-R – Mojito Molecular Mixology Kit for Beginners – Mojito R-Evolution
- PREMIUM Molecular Gastronomy "Made Easy" Starter Kit ⊘ Non-GMO ❤ Gluten-Free ✡ OU Kosher Certified Ingredients
*If this is not the "Molecular Gastronomy Starter Kit" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 11, 2020 07:07 PST.