Product DescriptionDon't let your cats litter box take over your home, with The Kitty Pass you can safely put your cats litter box behind closed doors, while allowing them access to it any time they need. The Kitty Pass is designed to fit all standard door sizes from 1 1/4" to 1 3/4" thick. It also comes already finished, but can easily be painted to match your homes decor. Easy install takes about 15-25 minutes. Comes complete with install directions and a template for cutting the door perfectly. The Kitty Pass is manufactured and assembled right here in the United States. Made in USA - Patent Pending*
- The Kitty Pass is the safest and cutest way to let your cat in and out, of closed doors.
- Smooth, Wide opening allows your cat to pass through SAFELY, without tails getting snagged or caught up.
- No eye offending screw holes or logos, just beautiful clean lines that compliments your door perfectly.
- Pass through opening is 7 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" height and can be used by all cats up to 20 lbs. Easily fits all standard (hollow and solid) interior doors with sizes, 1 1/4" to 1.75" thick
- Comes completely finished in a beautiful semi gloss white, or you can easily paint it yourself, to match your homes decor.
Top ReviewsInstallation suggestions below
by Timothy Pfeister (4 out of 5 stars)
July 3, 2016
Let's get something straight- you could probably build this. But, if you're like me, $40 is a small price to pay compared to an afternoon worth of work when the wife wanted it done yesterday; right?
That said- the construction of the arch is satisfactory. Like others have said, it seems to be that plasti-wood material. I am happy with my purchase. However, there are two things that need attention.
1) DON'T USE THE TEMPLATE. I noted right away that the template was significantly larger than the actual opening of the arch. The sun was setting and I chose not to overthink it. I followed the template... and wound up with a hole that was so much larger than the insert, that the 3M sticky tape doesn't even fully contact the door (but hangs over into the opening). Rather than use their template, I suggest flipping one of the pieces upside down and tracing the groove yourself onto a piece of paper before potentially ruining a very nice solid wood door.
2) The sticky tape. 3M makes good stuff, and this is the same tape that holds all of the trim onto the outside of your car... but these arches only have four 1" pieces on them. Have kids? Want this thing to stay on your door that you permanently modified? ADD SCREWS! I drilled small pilot holes and made it toddler proof with some 1" long #6 wood screws. I'll putty and paint over the screw heads later.
Dear diary, the authorities finally fixed the door
by Paintergirl (5 out of 5 stars)
September 30, 2016
The authorities don't understand that I can only get to my cat box if the door is open. I have tried to get them to understand this by lecturing them loudly in the middle of the night ("The door is closed!!!"). Finally the authorities came up with a solution. They put this door into the door. Shakespearen in a way, a door within a door. They are finally learning...
Whiskers (aka Killer)
Comedy Cat Door
by Dylan (5 out of 5 stars)
May 29, 2016
This is just what we needed to give our cat access to his litter box in the basement. The design is clever and funny. I didn't bother to take the door off the hinges or use a power tool, I just stubbornly cut the hole with a drywall saw. It took about a half hour and a lot of elbow grease, but it worked just fine.
Nice for use as trim
by dirtymofo (4 out of 5 stars)
December 25, 2015
I bought this to make my own car door through a wall to access space under my stairs. The material is a composite and crisply cut. I can't comment on how well it works on a door but for my purpose it was perfect.
Its 10x better than it looks online
by Rachel Ayn & Noel (5 out of 5 stars)
January 3, 2016
Love this, I hate my wife's cat but it made my wife pretty happy that the cat can come into out bedroom at will now and claw the dogs while they sleep. I installed this in just a few minutes, threw some Woodglue on to reinforce it, dried it for a few hours ... boom it's sturdy and gets the job done. I hate that cat but his door is pretty cool.
by Robyn (5 out of 5 stars)
May 8, 2016
Kind of pricey for a plastic insert, but worth it in my opinion. We bought 2 so we could have a head and a tail on both sides! The cats are happy & it keeps the dogs out of the cat room! I am very satisfied with how it turned out.
by Heather Luczak (5 out of 5 stars)
February 24, 2016
Love this cute kitty door!
Our Dog Hates This! ...But Our Cat Loves It!
by Townsend5 (5 out of 5 stars)
June 26, 2016
We love this! This is probably the coolest pet door ever designed!
Installation is pretty straight forward. When tracing the paper template outline that you will cut, stay true to the outline. The actual front/back piece is wide enough to forgive your cut lines but you don't want to take too much advantage of that.
Overall this was easy to install and it will bring a smile to everyones face after its on!
Our cat started to use instantly and he will sometimes lay just inside the door and watch people pass him.
Updated Review - Cute Solution for Our Cat!
by Emily K. (4 out of 5 stars)
May 20, 2018
I'm reviewing this before my cat has actually used this - but so far so good! I did what others said they did and used a jabsaw and just hacked away at my door. It wasn't easy or fun, but it meant I didn't have to buy anything expensive ($11 for a decent jabsaw) and I did get this entirely installed within a half hour. It's perfect for allowing my cat but not my dogs into the basement so he can use his litter box.
The quality of the piece itself is fine for its purpose. I do not recommend following the template exactly. You can tell from the photos that I really couldn't do so with the jabsaw. I outlined the template itself and just cut the hole just a smidge smaller. It would've made the most sense to just trace around the thing itself but I did not for fear of cutting it too close.
It would be great if the company would update their template and print it out on something other than standard printer paper - it's basically useless trying to trace out the template with thin printer paper. I get that it cuts margins but it's kind of an expensive product for what it is so I think that's really the least they could do.
But ultimately the product was super easy to install otherwise. I'll update after it gets some use but for now the adhesive strips are holding great and the do seem adequate.
UPDATE: We've been using this for a month or so now and honestly its great! I love the look of it and our cat uses it just fine. The smaller pup we have doesn't squeeze through either thank goodness so no issues at all! Recommend this product for cat owners!
UPDATE 2: Yeah so the other reviews are 100% right - the adhesive strips do not and will not hold up over time. Do not recommend relying on them to last which is disappointing since this item is a bit pricey for what it is. I'm now using command strips to hold this in place. It's not an unsolvable problem but once again, it is annoying considering the price of this item.
A bit small, but great product
by DebV (4 out of 5 stars)
May 29, 2017
I like this product EXCEPT.....
I ordered one, then decided I wanted one for another door as well so a couple weeks later I ordered another.
By the time I went to install them, I realized I had received two different products. One is about 6" x 7" opening with the cat head on one side and the tail on the other, like is advertised. The other one is about 8" x 9" opening with just the cat head on both sides. As it turns out, the one as advertised is pretty small and I didn't feel like my adult/senior cats would use it without having to slither on their bellies to get through it. At this point I assumed I accidentally ordered a different one the second time and decided to order another and return the first one. Much to my dismay, both orders in my order history show that I ordered the exact same product (the 6x7" one). Apparently the seller packed an incorrect item and shipped it to me in error on the second order. And yet I cannot find an offering for this larger opening product. Not sure what to do now, I already cut the hole in the other door to fit the larger product but I cannot figure out how to get one unless keep ordering more of these hoping they make the same mistake twice, lol! Other than this dilemma, I really do like the concept of the product and it fits in pretty well and looks great! If you order as advertised though, only do it for small cats or kittens.
**EDIT: after posting this I later found that the same seller does offer this product in size "XL" which is the 8 x 9" product, here on Amazon. I highly recommend the larger size for full size adult cats. Our cats had no problem using this as soon as we put the doors back up, they love it!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- DuraScoop Jumbo Cat Litter Scoop, All Metal End-to-End with Solid Core, Sifter with Deep Shovel, Multi-Cat Tested Accept No Substitute for the Original (colors may vary)
- BLACK+DECKER Jig Saw, 4.5 -Amp (BDEJS300C)
- Cat Door Built In Interior Pet Door for Small, Medium, & Large Cats - Cat Doors for Interior Doors - Hole Pass Fits Indoor Hollow Core or Solid Inside Doors - Hidden Kitty Litter Box Cat Furniture
- BLACK+DECKER Jig Saw, Smart Select, 5.0-Amp (BDEJS600C)
- The Kitty Pass XL Large Cat Door, Interior Large Pet Door Hidden Litter Box.
- The Kitty Pass Wall Entry cat Door, Cat Door Tunnel, Cat Wall Door Pet Door Hidden Litter Box.n
- Bosch 10-Piece Assorted T-Shank Jig Saw Blade Set T5002
- IRIS USA Top Entry Cat Litter Box with Cat Litter Scoop, Orange & Brown PUNT-530
- Bosch T101AO3 3-Piece 3-1/4 In. 20 TPI Clean for Wood T-Shank Jig Saw Blades
- Cat Litter Mat, XL Super Size, Phthalate Free, Easy to Clean, Durable, Soft on Paws, Large 47x36 Inches Litter mat.
*If this is not the "Kitty Pass" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Aug 13, 2022 06:56 +08.